Golden Triangle Speedway
July 24, 2014, 12:58:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battleground Moving to Friday Nights  (Read 2950 times)
racer25tx

« on: August 16, 2009, 07:00:53 am »

Went to Battleground Speedway tonight and Mike announced that, Starting next week, Battleground will be running on Friday Nights, 8pm start time. Apparently, HRP has been putting some pressure on him and this is his response. Not sure what this means for those that were running at GTRP and Battleground, but I guess you'll have to make a choice. I wish Mike and the Battleground crew good luck. We need all the tracks in the area to stay healthy and I hope they can, with this change.
Brian88

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 10:07:39 am »

WOW, if thats the case I wonder where the GTRP announcer will go? He is the announcer at each track.
dirtbag

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 11:25:58 am »

Bad move.  Now your competing with gtrp and friday night football. I see signs of a track that once again hrp is putting out of business
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 01:27:24 pm by dirtbag » Logged
pbrown

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 03:17:34 pm »

the man really didnt have a choice. angel bros. was or is prepared to just buy the cars away from bg with larger purses. thls is
his only option.
randy seals

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 03:42:52 pm »

hrp supposedly called the bg ambuance and fire crew and told them they would pay 500$ each if they left after hot laps. they keep raiseing the purses more and more, 100$ to start in all classes. got rid of the raceiver and transponder fee. Drivers get in the pits free. giving lotto tickets at pit gate entrance. I was told myself from mike that they told him that they would keep raising the purses until he quit or went to fridays. The guy has put alot of his money and I mean alot to get bg back in shape just to have seth angel and his silver spoon stuck in is AZZ try and ruin it. The only other thing hrp could do to get more cars in the pits is pay gas fee for your tow truck and waive concession stand fees. bg still had more cars last night than hrp. I'm sure mike doesn't like it either but when your backs against the wall and your kids got to eat, you do what you think is best to survive.

Jonathan will be missed at whichever track he decides to not go with.
dirtbag

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 04:16:28 pm »

That's what I was tryng to say everytime bg opens hrp does everything they can to close it.
wesley

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 05:19:10 pm »

hrp sucks, bg is a way better track i dont go every week just go to the big races and bg has had way more cars and fans each time ive went to the big races at either track, i think hrp owner knows that bg is beating him at his own business and he is just trying to get his fans and cars back and that is a messed up way to do it, he giving everything away for free it sounds like, i think the bg owner should keep his sat night date for a few more weeks and c what actually happens, the real fans and racers will choose where they want to go and obviously it has been his track BG   
haulsas

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 05:37:29 pm »

I know that one car wont make a difference,,,but 10 would and those 10 can get 10 more. Keep that in mind if you are at HRP when they stop the freebies as fast as they started them. It would take some cohesion with ALL the drivers, in every class. But together we could make HRP's schedule be on fridays if we really wanted too. Every person I know that races works to support it financially. Some may own a business, and some are just a hand to some company. But, which ever one you are think about it from the stand point of BG. After reading what Randy wrote, that is about the most chicken shit thing that could be done about the ambulances/safety services, and I am not talking about the ambulance people when I say that. I am talking about the person that called them. That should show ever driver that they dont give a shit about you. I know business is business, but theres also right and wrong too.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 09:55:53 pm by haulsas » Logged
racer25tx

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 08:07:24 pm »

It was also said in the driver's meeting last night that HRP said they don't care how much money they lose, thet will put BG out of business. Then, after that happens, HRP will return to the old purse structure. They said that if they lose 5000 a week, then what's a few more? Must be nice to be able to throw money around like it doesn't matter. And it doesn't matter to HRP. They said that the drag strip makes them money and they don't care about the dirt track.

I also noticed the stands at Battleground were pretty empty. I don't know what the attendance was, but it couldn't have been more than 100 or so. It looked EMPTY! I think there were about 53 cars or so. Mike said they needed about 70 to make money.
bigdog50

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 08:53:32 pm »

I can tell you this i haven't raced at hrp in 4 or more years because they don't run hobby stock and they can stop sending me free tickets to there high dollar track if thats the way they play there games i won't step a foot on there race track i don't care who races there they can kiss my ass!!!!!!.If hrp would treat there drivers better before bg opened this wouldn't happen and the drivers got tired of there shit and went to bg now BECAUSE HRP CAN flex there CASH i wouldn't support there track just because of that and i will stop racing if this was the only track to race at in this area so with this said lets everybody go to bg this friday and boycott hrp sat night if anybody has the balls to do that.Nobody will pay me away from a track i want to race at and thats no bull shit.
racer25tx

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 09:02:04 pm »

Hey Bigdog, Mike said that HRP even said they would run Hobbies, just to dilute the car count even more! kinda crappy if you ask me!
flyin fatboy

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 09:08:30 pm »

well the hrp bombers kinda run what ya brung anyway so the hobbies could prob go over there and run with them but i dont know if the hobbys have enough motor to keep up with them.
bigdog50

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2009, 09:24:45 pm »

They hrp told me years ago the wouldn't run the hobbies and even if they started our class i want support there track even if they paid for the whole trip and the winnings count my bigdog ass out.That track had some cars back in the day and i like it but now they can have it i will park my car before i race there.And you might be right flyin fatboy whoever you are lol i heard it's out of hand over there in that class if i ran ps or bomber or whatever i would stop racing there.
flyin fatboy

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2009, 11:34:18 pm »

hey bigdog i drive the 78 pure stock at bg and i try to make it out the gtrp 2 or 3 times a year to race. 
bigdog50

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2009, 12:39:40 am »

Boy that would be nice if Mike could match hrp that would piss them off lol  Grin Grin Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: