Golden Triangle Speedway
October 24, 2014, 11:19:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battleground Moving to Friday Nights  (Read 3081 times)
number88fan

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2009, 12:45:45 am »

Obviously you dont need brain cells to have money cause the Angel Brothers used to have the lease to Battleground. The dumb bastards could have closed it then if really bothered them that much. I have never heard of anybody trying to payoff the emergency crews. I personally like BG and hope it survives.
randy seals

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2009, 04:37:16 am »

yup I enjoyed watchin some of yalls hobbies make it over their.
number88fan

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2009, 11:39:08 am »

The first time I went to that track was earlier this year for the Late Model race. They put on a helluva show. I liked how the track was fast and tacky. I really do hope the track survives and people really see how HRP does people.Even if you dont race you would be getting screwed if the emergency crews left during the hotlaps. I guess now that BG has changed its days then the honeymoon is over and HRP will quit with the perks.
I-1-2

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2009, 02:53:15 pm »

So now the question is.........will GTRP bring up the pay to keep the cars there HuhHuh Or will they loose them to BG on Friday nights?HuhHuhHuh
mlp911

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2009, 03:22:26 pm »

the only track that benifits from this will be hrp. youve got people running gtrp and bg that have to make a choice now. and football is starting up and is gonna hurt both tracks. dont know if rumors are true about what hrp did but did anyone really expect them to come on here and admit it. i know hrp will not be getting my attendance anymore this year....
randy seals

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2009, 03:29:46 pm »

probably not, gtrp's got a good group of cars and yall are far enough away from houston. I'm sure gtrp will be fine
randy seals

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2009, 03:46:13 pm »

you're right mike, hrp still ended up getting what they wanted to begin with. I hope gtrp and bg can still make it together. I know alot of people are worried about points this late in the season and now they have to regroup.
mlp911

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2009, 08:15:58 pm »

i know gtrp will make it, glenns done a good job with the place but i think it will cut into his car count a little bit. think i might just sit back and start getting things ready for next year. gotta support my son and his football team on fridays and i cant race too many saturdays with my work schedule. oh well i hung there 5th in points all year till now. not too bad since i missed every third race....
ss149

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2009, 12:05:01 am »

The drivers, teams, fans who ever it takes and what ever it takes should put together a couple of racedates at GTRP and BGS that fall on Saturday Nights. Even if its 2 dates for each track but pump them up as big dates however possible. Call your buddies get them to participate and keep HRP down in the gutter where they belong. Like Big Dog said HRP isnt the least concerned about you the driver and they damn sure dont care about it takes to step on anyone! History has proven that, this is yet another chapter in them sinking their damn teeth into another group who is giving it hell! Blow it out your ass HRP. Its really up to you drivers to make enough noise to get something started. Dont think for one moment that if BGS is gone again they will be content with just that. GTRP will have its head next on the chopping block.
pbrown

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2009, 12:47:47 am »

hrp could possibly hurt gtrp but i dont think theres any way in hell they could put glenn out.
butch1965

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2009, 02:18:11 am »

What if Battleground tried a few Sunday evening races before this season is over for a test?
haulsas

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2009, 02:23:42 am »

I would show up...try to have them early say,,,maybe 5 or so....it'll still be pretty warm....but, its an attempt to try something new.....
I-1-2

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2009, 12:31:58 pm »

I'd ruther see GTRP go to Saturday nights, beats the football problem.
Iced Out Kustomz

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2009, 12:41:20 pm »

idk if its just me but im going to say my opinion anyways... i love gtrp being on friday night. i dont have time to drive anywheres else when i get off at 5 or 6 on fri. also them moving to sat??? once again it might be just me but personally i like going to 105 sat after i raced gtrp fri. i know no matter what no one will be happy. but i do know that some of the racers are worried about points because they either race fri gtrp then bg or 105 sat... so i wish hrp would get the boot out there ass's and bg go back to sat and everything would be great!!! no headaches... now if bg tried a few sunday races that sounds good to me because that gives the people that do race gtrp fri then bg sat it gives them a chance to work on there car all day sat and sun changing gears and other parts that may have broke to get ready for the races sun night. just my opinion.

-Jarrett 4098935407
I-1-2

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2009, 02:04:11 pm »

That's true Iced Out but, with school starting GTRP's fixing to have to compete with football. That always puts a dent in the crowd. I like the races being at home on Friday nights. Gives me the rest of the wknd to do what I want & still go watch the cars. But, Glen's the one who looses when the crowd moves to the football stadiums.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: