Golden Triangle Speedway
September 18, 2014, 05:33:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HRP statement regarding Battleground Speedway  (Read 2914 times)
HRP Media

« on: August 17, 2009, 02:34:20 pm »

Monday, August 17, 2009

Houston Raceway Park statement regarding recent false accusations from Battleground Speedway

On behalf of Houston Raceway Park and the O’Reilly Auto Parts Speedway Series, I would like to personally address the recent false accusations that have been made against our management.  Houston Raceway Park, nor any of its Owners, Managers, or Employees has ever offered to “payoff” the EMS or safety crews working at Battleground Speedway.  Houston Raceway Park, nor any of its Owners, Managers, or Employees has ever told Mike Walling that we will raise our purses until he moves to Friday nights or closes down.  These statements are untrue and absolutely false.

Over the last month I have initiated several phone conversations and a face to face meeting with Mr. Mike Walling, to discuss and share some common issues and concerns regarding our Speedway operations.  During these meetings Mike Walling made it clear that he did not want to “work together” for the mutual benefit of our businesses and that he is content with the way things are progressing.    It is unfortunate that he has chosen to misquote and inaccurately recount our conversations publicly in a slanderous and derogatory approach in an attempt for his own gain.

Houston Raceway Park will continue to reach out with an “open mind” to Battleground Speedway and offer constructive and thoughtful ideas that will help both of our racing programs. It is my hope that Mike Walling reciprocates this gesture and truly understands our intentions.   While moving to Fridays was clearly a tough decision for Mike to make, I support his decision and will in the coming week offer an incentive bonus program for those racers who compete at both tracks in the same weekend.   Let there be no mistake about it that Houston Raceway Park will continue, as it has done for nearly 10 years, to build and expand its Speedway programs at all levels for our racers.
Respectfully,

Seth Angel
General Manager
Houston Raceway Park
U Suck

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 03:00:06 pm »

Since this is an open forum I would like to say that you are undermining us as racers! Do you yhink for one second that this is not your intention? Give us a little credit. Seems like you will not be getting much from this crowd on Saturday nights. People have solidified their perceived opinions by this recent move. Any way you slice it, perception IS reality Mr. Angel!
HS89

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 06:53:11 pm »

Where are my boots? It's getting deep.

2007 Outlaw Stock Points Champion
Sparkplug

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 07:07:28 pm »

Hey U Suck did someone pull your string or is it automatic
U Suck

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 08:15:59 pm »

Semi-Automatic!!! Grin
redroosterracing

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 08:28:39 pm »

I was told , back in the day, HRP had paid off the previous owners of BG to close shop    all in all   we all know money talks and bs walks    i just hope BG doesnt take from gtrp      But i do know   that those two tracks work together   GTRP and BG

The closer to the front you get, the faster the cars are....
pbrown

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 12:42:25 am »

its going to be hard to work with a track that your competing for cars with
I-1-2

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 12:45:29 am »

MAYBE GTRP could start running on Saturday nights. That would eliminate competing with BG & Football games.
dirtbag

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 12:48:37 am »

That would be sweet
I-1-2

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 12:51:09 am »

I think that would be smart. It would help BG & it wouldn't hurt hrp.
pbrown

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 01:00:39 am »

i like racing on fridays but if it squeeeeezzzzzeess hrp im in
lm51crew

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2009, 01:07:53 am »

from what i have believe is that HRP thrives of the big shows like USMTS, the Texas Grand, ASCS, the Supr LateModels, etc by getting the grandstands full, but since people arent traveling as much the grandstands arent filling up and I beleive they have lost the Texas Grand to Willis.  If Glen did decide to move to Saturdays it probably wouldn't hurt HRP any more then they are already, but it would help with the drivers who like to run GTRP and BG.
haulsas

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2009, 02:21:19 am »

I'm gonna race at GTRP regaurdless, I haven't been around racing long enough to base the opinion like some of ya'll can but I do believe alot of the things that are on this forum. Some of them are just business, but some are bull shit too. I know of some racers we (GTRP) are going to lose from this and that sucks. If it comes down to it, and we do lose BG once again, keep that in mind,,,keep in mind how it went about. I promise you I will....it doesnt matter who you are...your ass is going to get your day sooner or later....and starving someone out like that could pave the road to it,,,,,if the right people watch and see it happen.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 02:28:53 am by haulsas » Logged
JBTuner
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2009, 09:56:59 pm »

I'm with you Kyle.
bigdog50

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2009, 12:47:54 am »

I've raced for alot of years and alot of different tracks and hrp was one of them and you can bet your ass i want race or watch a race there again i don't care if nascar raced there dirt late models there.The classes they run now bombers,creat lates,limited,and umps and here is the classes they ran off limited late models,street stock,tssa and if something happens to bg i can bet the next week the purse goes down and that 100.00 to start goes away and everything else SO SUPPORT BG IF POSSIBLE OR JUST DON'T SHOW UP at hrp
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: