Golden Triangle Speedway
September 17, 2014, 05:23:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HRP the new Saturday night home for the Texas Dirt Network...  (Read 1851 times)
HRP Media

« on: August 29, 2009, 04:50:47 pm »

by Seth Angel HRP

To the Houston Area Racing Community:

It is with great pleasure that I officially welcome Jonathan Sanford and the Texas Dirt Network (TDN) to Houston Raceway Park for the remainder of the 2009 season and beyond.  His commitment and dedication to the sport of dirt racing will be a welcomed addition to our Saturday night Speedway program. 

The Texas Dirt Network (TDN) will air live at the Speedway at HRP in Baytown, TX tonight to kick off his new broadcast home.  Catch the live flag-to-flag coverage of the O’Reilly Auto Parts Speedway Series:  Baytown Ford Thunder Bombers, VP Racing Fuels Limited Modifieds, UMP Modifieds, Crate Late Models, & the EMSA mini-Sprints by clicking to www.texasdirtnetwork.com for the broadcast.

TDN will also kick off its inaugural in-studio race recap show from Houston Raceway Park entitled “The Backstretch” which will air on Tuesdays beginning on September 8th 2009.  “The Backstretch” will feature track promoters/owners talking about their plans for the month along with announcements regarding the final weeks of the 2009 season along with thoughts moving into 2010.  The show will take calls from fans and will be interviewing drivers from the various tracks around the Houston area – we hope you will join us on September 8th and every Tuesday night for “The Backstretch” from HRP.

Sincerely,

Seth Angel HRP
Chit Strtr

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 05:21:57 pm »

I really hope this isnt so. If it is you will probably lose alot of followers. I guess now the only way to see GTRP is if I drive all the way out there. TDN no longer exists.
racin747

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 05:27:33 pm »

well i agree i wont bother whatching that big boring race on tdn!!!!!!!
Crash #7

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 05:34:25 pm »

As I stated before.... I think this will hurt the reputation of TDN.  Why TDN Why Huh Huh
st.stock38

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 05:57:13 pm »

you can't work where your not wanted! 105 didn't want to get rid of their regular announcer! not his fault
gearhead1

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 07:20:44 pm »

Is that what happen St.Stock38? I think he could of did it tonite atleast. I think the announcer races the sprint car show. Dont never know i guess. Hey man wheres you car are you going to race it soon? Later

HOBBY 45
racer25tx

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 09:31:45 pm »

What happened to:

Since I am no longer at Battleground on Saturday nights due to their schedule change I am available for both Track Announcing and Texas Dirt Network broadcasts. Currently I have spoken with Seth at HRP and Basil at 105. To let you know the situation – this Saturday night (Aug 22nd) I will be observing (possibly broadcasting, etc) at HRP and then on Saturday night (Aug 29th) I will be observing (possibly broadcasting, etc) at 105. The situation at both tracks is different and the needs and my role would be different at HRP vs. 105. Those details are not fully developed at the moment.

I have told both Seth and Basil that once I observe both tracks and see how things might work out then I will make a decision – both have stated that they are agreeable to this and I will keep my word that I will not make a final decision until I have visited both tracks and talked with both men face to face. I welcome your private thoughts to this and how you think I might best serve the racing community with this decision.

I pray I can find a home at one of these two tracks and hopefully you folks will still want to watch either way – just trying to make the best of it.

-------------------------------------------------------

I hope everyone is able to read from this message what I intended to communicate – I have nothing against any tracks in our area. I love the fans and drivers and am praying that I have a spot in this area to help out for a long time to come.

Jonathan Sanford
Texas Dirt Network
texasdirtnetwork@live.com
936-776-0680
C9L racer

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 10:17:52 pm »

Go to TDN website & read heading for tonite.
maddog

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 11:11:14 pm »

they are broadcasting from hrp right now.

Madison racing#3
cindyfose1948

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2009, 11:13:32 pm »

Looks that way. I think most are going to 105.
cindyfose1948

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2009, 11:30:25 pm »

Jonathan had no choice, because they backed out of the deal at 105. So still follow him if you can because he is a good announcer. He will still be at GTRP on Fridays
redroosterracing

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2009, 12:13:38 am »

cindy,  I agree with you, as long as he supports us at gtrp     anyways   remember   ITS NOT PERSONAL   ITS JUST BUSINESS   

The closer to the front you get, the faster the cars are....
cindyfose1948

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2009, 12:20:39 am »

He will support us at GTRP, it just happened, so at least we can watch him somewhere on Sat night.
pbrown

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2009, 02:00:55 am »

jonathan is not doing this as a hobby. he wants to make a living at this one day. angel bros has the money to back him.
i have no doubt he made the right decision. we all race as a hobby. that man is trying to make a living. we all talk about
boycotts and all that crap because we dont depend on racing to put food on the table. i think its sad that jonathan
would lose some of yalls support for making a decision like he did that was really a no brainer.
cindyfose1948

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2009, 02:26:32 am »

He had no choice, but I agree I will support him because I know he is trying to make a living at this. But 105 backed out at the last minute and hrp asked him to stay, so he had to make a choice and your right hrp has the money to back him.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: