Golden Triangle Speedway
October 01, 2014, 05:52:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hat's Off To Keith Wuenschle & Johnny Brown  (Read 2743 times)
JSanford

« on: September 26, 2009, 07:27:58 am »

I just got through watching the Hobby Stock replay and wow oh wow what a drama filled race! You couldn't have scripted it any better! In my 14 years of calling races in one form or another this one has to be somewhere in my top 3. To come into that race with 1 point separation we all knew the emotion would be running high and certainly the race lived up to its billing.

To Keith Wuenschle, you are like the Dale Earnhardt of the Hobby Stock division - the Hobby Stocks are so much more enjoyable with KW a part of them because of his heart and determination. When I see a little girl (like tonight) wanting KW's autograph on a bike he helped make available for her - I know KW is a softy off the track and hard-nosed competitor on the track ala Dale Sr. Proud of you for being the person you are and can't wait to see the #50 or whatever car you drive in victory lane again real soon!

To Johnny Brown, all I could think of while watching you over the last few weeks was Davey Allison. Growing up in Alabama and being around the Allison family gave me my love for the sport and watching your demeanor off the track over these last several months has just been a blessing and much like that of Davey Allison. Proud for you - I know it took some tough turn of events to put you into the position of tonight but you took advantage of it in the best fashion and the spotlight was all on you. Congrats.

Hobby Stock at GTRP (as it was at Battleground) is my favorite class. I look forward to next season's crop of Hobby Stock drivers!
double bb

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 05:01:05 pm »

IF THAT IS WHAT YOU CALL SPORTSMANSHIP ILL EAT MY HAT . THE ONLY SPORTMANSHIP I SAW WAS WHEN JHONNIE SHOOK HANDS WITH KIETH AND EVEN THEN KIETH COULD NOT LOOK JHONNIE IN THE EYES . IAM PROUD FOR THOSE TWO BROTHERS, AND THEIR DADS. KIETH YOU KNOW WERE YOU NEED TO GO. DALE ERNHART MY BACK SIDE. HOPE YALL LOOKED AT THE RACE ON DIRT THAT SHOWS JUST HOW MUCH YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH IF YOU HAVE THE RIGHT NAME. MADE ME SICK.
JSanford

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 05:50:18 pm »

IF THAT IS WHAT YOU CALL SPORTSMANSHIP ILL EAT MY HAT . THE ONLY SPORTMANSHIP I SAW WAS WHEN JHONNIE SHOOK HANDS WITH KIETH AND EVEN THEN KIETH COULD NOT LOOK JHONNIE IN THE EYES . IAM PROUD FOR THOSE TWO BROTHERS, AND THEIR DADS. KIETH YOU KNOW WERE YOU NEED TO GO. DALE ERNHART MY BACK SIDE. HOPE YALL LOOKED AT THE RACE ON DIRT THAT SHOWS JUST HOW MUCH YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH IF YOU HAVE THE RIGHT NAME. MADE ME SICK.

How bout putting a name to your post? Do I always agree with everything KW does on the track? Even KW and I have talked on a couple of occasions about the fact that on the broadcast I have not been shy to call it when I see aggressiveness - it is not personal in any fashion however. I don't always agree with what he or any driver does. Let by-gones be by-gones - celebrate with JB on a well deserved victory and championship.

I was accused by an individual last night of being a "homer" for Brown Bros. Racing -- if I am a "homer" for anything, I am a "homer" for the underdog! I love to see an underdog succeed.

For the record, it was KW who got out of his car, walked over in the midst of Brown Bros. Racing and shook JB's hand! Spin it any way you want but I will commend KW for doing that.

So proud to be a part of Golden Triangle Raceway Park and loved every moment of last night!

HookemHorns

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 06:08:16 pm »

it was amazing racing

00 racing.....Cant Hang.....Cant Stay
maddog

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 06:38:24 pm »

double bb grant and johnny are cousins not brothers Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Madison racing#3
B52 crew

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 07:39:57 pm »

We don't usally comment on other people's issues.  But from my vantage point last night the young man in the 11 car clearly struck Big Dog in the rear bumper between 1&2.  Rubbing is racing, and yes they rubbed a little coming down the backstretch.  As they ran a little farther it seemed Big Dog rubbed back causing a hugh plume of sparks the end result of this was that the Big Dog had a flat.   According to the people I was talking to, this had been going on most of the season, I think it was sad that it came down to that, it was and exciting race and I enjoyed watching it.  I applaud the Big Dog on his community oriented bike program, I would like to see this continued and we will help with it again next year.
redneckracin

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 08:27:55 pm »

watch the video and you will see different B52.. the eleven passed him twice already but cautions kept coming out so on the next restart the 50 was blocking and squeezed him into the wall in hopes of taking the car out
thewayitis

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 09:29:45 pm »

Redneckracin that is exactly what I saw as well as all others that want to admit to the truth, but in the end, all of that pushing of the cars into the wall trying to take them out got him NO WHERE!  Some may need to re check their dictionary for the meaning of sportsmanship because it says nothing about trying to take a car out and that being sportsman like.  Now if you look under SORE LOSER, it may describe it there.  We all want to see true racing, one against another, yes bumping and rubbing will happen, but intentionally trying to put another car into the way to gain the lead is nothing amusing or exciting to anyone.  In the end, the BEST man prevailled!  Way to go Brown Brothers Racing.  You both had an Awesome year full of exciting racing. 
redroosterracing

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 11:56:48 pm »

JSANFORD,  I agree with you, some great racing and that is a very competitive class, so it gets aggressive.  Also, THANKS FOR BEING AT THE DRIVERS MEETING     I think im gonna suggest to Glen to start selling flavored(can only imagine what some of you like) PACIFIERS and the concession stand   GREAT JOB TO ALL LAST NITE   MADE A VERY EXCITING NITE AND SOME CLOSE RACING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The closer to the front you get, the faster the cars are....
haulsas

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2009, 06:05:59 am »

look at the pics when the big fight bull shit went on....there is a pic with grant impacting the wall....keiths wheel is bottomed out to the left with several feet between them,,,,he couldnt do anymore to avoid hitting him ...hell he was already headed there in the first place....go look at the pics.....see for yourself,,.yeah,,they beat the shit out of EACH OTHER to that point..but that picture says alot,,,,Grants not wrong,,,,Keith aint wrong either,,,,they were racing..drop the shit and move on...better yet,,,keep on with it till next year, it will be the same shit, just different people and then we can rant about them..its just racing..keiths whipped alot of ass in a dirt car,,that brings hard feelings..when Grant has done that,,and he is working on it now.,,,people will have varying views of him too...its just racing,,,,lets just let it go and move on...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 06:17:38 am by haulsas » Logged
redneckracin

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2009, 06:17:58 am »

haulsas what are you talking about? we are talkin about the last race not the one from a month ago... just go back to sleep
haulsas

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2009, 06:23:53 am »

I realize what you are talking about, but it all stems back from the pics,,so you need to wake up.
haulsas

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2009, 06:25:08 am »

the pics meaning the race with the dq's on both parts...you remember that one dont you....
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 06:35:34 am by haulsas » Logged
dirtbag

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2009, 12:27:42 pm »

topic says johnny brown not grant   WAKE UP
haulsas

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2009, 12:45:27 pm »

absolutely correct, never mind the point I was attempting to make, its not important.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 01:03:53 pm by haulsas » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: