Golden Triangle Speedway
October 25, 2014, 12:29:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: pick your own winner  (Read 2491 times)
OhWonRacin

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2009, 05:08:44 pm »

The 87 car crossed the finish line first. He drove rough as hell to force his way up there, but that will come back on him. How do you think NASCAR would have called it on the last lap, last turn? Earnhart won a lot of races like that because he knew they would not call it back.  The checkered flag is the end of the race!  I feel sorry for the rest of the cars after the 87.  I have never seen a double call like that though!  Red Rooster I would have been right there with you!
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2009, 06:53:42 pm »

and dirtbag i do believe the 4 car was black flagged and sent off track.i know he left mad after saying he DID get into the 91 clearly needs to be a look at how that call was made. its amazing that the same trailer that the 4 car comes to the track on also brings the car that the track owner drove a few weeks back. hhmmmmmmmmmmmm

What black flag are you speaking of, no-one black flagged the 4 car.  He apologized to Ernest about getting into him but Ernest was sideways and had no-where to go.  That is pretty sportsman like in my book.

If you have problem with Glen having driven someone's car why don't you call and talk to him since it is important enough to mention here.  On another note, did he not pay the entire payout even with a low car count?  That's right he did pay the full purse when most tracks probably wouldn't have. It's amazing that no-one wants to mention that part but yet this post is nearly two pages long.  And I promise you the gesture that the Manchesters made to allow Glen to drive would not have prompted him to just give them a 1000 bucks he did not deserve.  The call was made by the score keepers.  Again, if you don't like it call him.  His number is 409-781-2801.

In the meantime, if you have something to say like your above statement, have a pair and leave your name.  My name is my screen name so there should be no problem on your end identifying me.  

JJ
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 06:57:55 pm by Jonathan Johnson » Logged
dirtbag

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2009, 08:09:09 pm »

The purse has nothing to do with any of this. Wasn't it supposed to pay a full purse no matter how many cars? My problem is the 91 was giving the win and then is was taking  away.                    Gerald Collins.
GTRP
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2009, 08:40:19 pm »

ENOUGH!! If someone called you at the last minute and asked you if you would like to drive a car and you were available would you do it?Huh  I did!  I paid my pit pass fee (got black flagged in the heat race  Grin, and shouldn't have to listen to you complain about it.  Tell me, do you have  a race car? I've been told that you do, but funny, never have seen YOU race this year.

As for the street stock call.  The call was made, everyone agreed it just didn't get communicated in time for the announcement and the plaque given to Ernest.  I am sorry about the confusion, it happened, can't change it, can only move forward.  Some people seem to forget that we are only human, it was a long two days of trying to get the track ready after a week of rain.  We tried our best, sorry it wasn't picture perfect, but it seems regardless of how hard you try SOMEONE will be unhappy.  It's part of the competition.

Glen Johnson

PS:  If this is not satisfactory, or you have any other questions, you may call from 6:00 am until 10:00 pm   409-781-2801 
double bb

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2009, 09:05:17 pm »

I was there at the same race  I  think , The 91 car was coming around all by his self the 4 car didnt touch the 91 till it was side ways .
The 87 was on the out side and had a clear and clean win , In my opinion . We all have our own opinions. I watched the race again and I am still of the same opinion.
I would like to thank every one for there hard work at the track to get the show  going.
Mother nature didnt help a lot till the end , she gave us some great racing weather.
I had a blast thanks for the good time.
djsilsbee

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2009, 11:04:46 pm »

i do have a car and i will race it when i find a track that goes by the racing rules they print every year.no need for me to call you i have my opinion and you have yours (read my first post) i asked everyone for their thoughts on the call just thought i would ask to see if i watched the race as the track officials
redroosterracing

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2009, 11:06:34 pm »

I AGREE WITH YOU DOUBLE BB     GREAT WEATHER AND WE (YALL)GOT THE RACE IN    AND I APOLOGIZE IF MY 2 CENTS WERE WRONG,   AFTER THE EXPLANATION I HEARD    THANKS TO ALL AT GTRP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   MAYBE SOME(NOT AT THIS MOMENT)  BTU THANK YOU FOR GIVING US A PLACE TO RACE    ME AND THE BRO DRIVE FROM LOUISIANA TO RACE WITH YALL AT GTRP AND LOVE IT THERE!!!!!!!  THANKS AGAIN   SEE YOU NEXT YEAR WITH SHARPENED BUMPERS AND ILLEGAL PARTS  LMAO!!!!!    VVVVRRRRMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   1E    ERNEST LANGLEY    MITE BE 1P (NEW SPONSOR)

The closer to the front you get, the faster the cars are....
djsilsbee

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2009, 11:18:07 pm »

i would like to thank all the ones who worked hard to put the show on and GTRP along with MR.GLEN JOHNSON for paying full purse with the low car count and grandstands. this topic wasnt about the track in general it was about one call that no one has ever seen any other place and i only asked the opinions of other racers and long time fans. i wont apoligize for having an opinion and i hope this situation is looked at for the future IF it happens again to be handled differently thats all it was for GLEN
djsilsbee

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2009, 11:25:10 pm »

oh and my name is DeWayne Johnson ive raced worked and been around the beaumont track for 25 years thru all of its owners and changes IF there is a problem with someone having an opinion just call me ANYTIME 24/7 (409)679-3901
djsilsbee

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2009, 03:59:50 am »

i want to thank Glen Johnson for the phone call and the reason for the way the last lap call was made. seems there is a rule for last lap cautions that will be more deeply explained in next years rule book. keep up the great work and hope to see more improvements next year. thanks again glen for keeping racing close to home
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: