Golden Triangle Speedway
November 28, 2014, 02:20:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How can they compete?  (Read 6467 times)
dwg7

« on: April 12, 2010, 04:24:33 am »

How can the rest of the Hobby Stock class run with the top 2 finishers when they moved up to Street Stock and out ran most of them? Or am I the only one who noticed how fast they were?
gfi17ps

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 07:45:15 am »

Every class has guys like that.
Slickyone

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 12:07:07 pm »

Maybe we should let them run the same tires and see how they do !!!!!!!!
#53 hobby stock

haleigh griffin

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 02:31:16 pm »

keith lee should move up a class
CAGE RATTLER

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 06:17:54 pm »

Yall watch the 7w in the corners his car his so hooked up its crazy!!! let them ride on some pull offs and see what happens Grin Kieth Lee and Britt are cookin this year.
racer25tx

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 11:54:25 am »

Those cars are fast, without a doubt, but, remember that the track was dryslick, which takes a lot of horsepower out of the picture. Both Bubba and Britt are very good, smooth drivers. Let them move up on a night that the track is tacky and, I will bet that they won't be as close to the front. Not that something strange could happen and they may be in the same spot, but, neither one had anything for the 71 or 91. Just my 2 cents.
racin747

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 12:48:42 am »

well my 2 cents say each week has been testimoney to horse power and im tellin u it might not be domes or 32 pound crank but those two cars are mighty fast just whatch close.....tire aside street stocks have alot of motor not to mention pretty dam good drivers and they just went right by most of them whos to say they wouldnt have won with a few more laps or if 7w didnt have flat....maybe glenn or other caring staff should step up and involve tech department a little more aluminum doors arent all thats illegal out there lets find out where its at.....anyone else wanna speak up?
randy seals

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 01:03:53 am »

good job keith lee and brit. I have no doubt that keith lee would have won the other night. the track was dryer than hell. pulloffs are and have been a joke from day one. you guys are amazing complaining, put your money where your mouth is.
CAGE RATTLER

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 02:27:29 am »

Yes those two are fast but there is only 2 or 3 fast street stocks right now.Just waiting for that old red white and blue car to catch up!!!!
ss number 7

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 03:01:59 am »

congrats  keith lee and brit  cars were screamin fast i think lee could have beat  john o friday .freakin car  was  screaming  lol. that what keeps bringing us out to the track  to try to hang with them  boys  Grin Grin Grin Grin  just my opinion
Rowdy51

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 04:18:07 am »

put the streetstocks back on the 285-305 Hoosiers and see how far they move back in the streetstock field when the streetstocks are on a real race tire

StreetStock 51
Racer_88

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 05:23:15 am »

Hey i watched the race on TDN....... those hobby cars are tuned up real special and I have raced with those guys last year and had the paint pulled off when they went by... not rough just fast...... I will tell you it was not all that horsepower but those cars handle and those guys drive them for all they are worth...... Rowdy i agree i like the hoosiers but economically the track did the right thing by mandating the pull offs... are they the best tire HELL no but for the money they are a good tire. The owners of the three tracks (GTRP,GATOR,105) are trying to have the racer have enough money to race week in and week out and let them run where ever they want to run. Stewart looks a lot better this year now that he is in a metric chassis car that is more consistant lap in and lap out. i think from what i saw that cosistancy is why he WON even when him and Ernest were duking it out he just stayed cool and did not overheat the right rear tire as Ernest did.
I am steady sending things home to rebuild the rear end in my car and due to work schedule will if i am lucky maybe make just a couple of races this year. I hope that when i do get to race of course putting some special slippery stuff in the rearend that i am much faster than last year. I hope to see yall real soon and maybe even give the front runners headaces also.......
Hey after long discussion with my 16 year old which that truck would have been his project can't use it thanks anyway.
Chuck

Chuck 88 SS
racin747

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 11:41:12 am »

hey randy dont get me wrong i know keith and britt are some dam good drivers i just cant belive we have rules and no one seems to atleast check them it shouldnt cost us when its so obvious there runnin that good.....i went to alot of trouble installing aplug in my oilpan never seen em check one yet.....just sayin
Slickyone

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2010, 03:56:22 pm »

Maybe we should put hobby stock tires on and run in there class one night and see what happens, or pull offs on jr. mini and let Randy drive it and show us how to win. my reply earlier was simple the tires are different maybe that was some of the reason they ran good.
Lee and Brit,Randy are good drivers no doubt !!!
bigdog50

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 12:30:18 am »

I know one thing i finished 6th friday lol Grin Grin BUT THATS OK  Grin Grin AND GTRP IS TECHING more this year than the last year and i'm like randy seals put the money up to see inside of the motor.I remember when randy finished 1st @ i finished 2nd @ 105 last year and we both had to pull the head and the 3rd place car went to the trailer,and one year i pulled the head off my car 3 times at 105 and didn't get a damn dime for that @ i was legal every time,randy put money up on my motor at gtrp one nite and it was legal i think it cost him and someone else 200.00 Grin Grin so if you haven't ever pull a motor apart after a race it's a pain and hot and late and no money to boot lol try it once,then you would LOVE for someone to put money up the next time i bet p.s. my car is going on a crash diet lol my car weighed 3540 friday i need a new car NOT I'LL BE BACK IN A MONTH LOL got to regroup the ole car lol Huh Huh Shocked Shocked Grin Grin Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: