Golden Triangle Speedway
April 16, 2014, 10:46:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How can they compete?  (Read 5895 times)
dirtbag

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2010, 04:57:08 pm »

Tires do matter ! Put the ss back on the tires that they ran when the class was called Modstock and watch how much faster they will be.  The hobbys are flying but if someone is tired of getting there a@@ handed to them every week put up the duckies and take a look for yourself.   
mikec

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2010, 05:13:30 pm »

o but tires do matter but a good handling car goes along ways big motor and no handing you wll most of the time be in the back or wrecked
thewayitis

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2010, 05:37:47 pm »

Racin747, calm down, i wasnt speaking of you when i was talking about some of the drivers last year being rough.  Accidents can happen, you dont have to explain.
double bb

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2010, 06:33:46 pm »

I just want to see some good old fashion racin , no cheating . Just run by the rules and put on a good show for the fans . Are did you forget about the fans ,Thats were the money comes from that you are racing for .
Those folks just want to see there car finish the race . Most of the time they dont even know who is in the car they just pick a number and thats there car for that race.
So dont let it go from a good thing to a bad deal just because you think you need to be the fastes car on the track .
Just go out there and be the best driver for that night , and maybe some one else will be in that spot next week .
                                     JUSSAYIN................
randy seals

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2010, 10:44:01 pm »

There is no way that the top four cars in hobby stock are any where close to being legal, and they know it.  If the track wont do any thing about it what can you say . They should change the name of that class to run what you brung !!!!
I dont want to hear all that noise about tires, If you got motor It dont matter .   Lets run by the rules and let the driving ability be the desiding factor. Not how much money you have in your pocket, or how well you know how to hide your parts.
The fun of watching a good race is just that watching a good race.

put your money where your mouth is queerbait Tongue
dirtbag

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2010, 01:09:03 am »

Easy tough guy !
randy seals

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2010, 02:27:00 am »

not a tough guy, not tough at all, actually just a big wimp. tired of seeing people that probably don't own a racecar and if they did, wouldn't know how to make it run in the front of the 4banger class make stupid accusations like that. I myself just like keith lee, keith wunchel, brit seamen have been racing these type cars for ten years or more. I would expect to have figured a few things out by now. I work on my car daily. It should be in the front, if it's not, then it's my own fault not the other "cheaters" that finish in front of me.
bigdog50

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2010, 03:56:23 am »

About the tires lol last year by some reason i out ran john horch, randy seals and all the other cars that run 105 @ run up front everyweek on the last race of the year so this year it seem i can't keep up or i'm off a cylinder or two lol and hell yes i have checked and like randy said some drives and crews do there homework and actualy work on there car during the week so just because somebody wins a bunch of races (and people@drivers have said the same thing about me and have teched me for years i'm not moving up until they change the DAMN tire rule in ss) don't mean there cheaters and i know this is not nascar but is jj,jg no driving dale jr oh did i heart anyone fillings lol ts kevin harvic etc are they cheaters NO AND THEY RUN UP FRONT lol and gtrp is teching this year better than any other year so do like i'm doing buy some DAMN tires and work on your damn car and STOP CRYING AND racin747 don't worry thewayitis is probly talking about ME lol i don't care somebody rubbs or banks off me WILL get the same thing LOL i'll be back in a month or so with flying colors or i HOPE SO LOL i hope i didn't affend too many people but thats my take and i do have two of my street tires left to sale NO TIRES TO RACE ON RANDY LOL SEE YOU LATER keith (big dog) wuenschel lol
JUSTME00

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2010, 04:14:28 am »

HELL WE NEED TO GET TOGETHER RANDY AND BIGDOG.. MY CAR WAS JUNK LAST WEEKEND.. I FELT LIKE I WAS IN THE WAY..
maddog

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2010, 05:05:38 am »

Grin Grin Grin ya'll make me laugh....if you have not raced in this class you have no idea what it takes to run UP FRONT, kieth, bubba, lee jr, brit, are all friends of mine and to come on this website and call them cheaters is chicken....!!!!! i have raced with them all and it takes alot of time and money to be competetive!!!! I have and can run with these guys, but i dont whine if they beat me, i work on my stuff................. i dont hide behind a screenname. come to my pit and call me a cheater and you will wish that all you had to do was race me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Madison racing#3
Racer_88

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2010, 08:23:48 am »

Dang....I have been reading all the mud slinging..... a litle history about me i started at Forest hill in SS that was nothing more than a pure stock by the rules there and stayed with the class for 18 years now. Raced at Thunder valley whne they gave us a choice of Hoosier or EC1-2-3 just had to be 13-1/2" laying the tire on the ground and measuring to the top.... Those hoosiers were 15" wide and the owner said that they are in the rules if i didnt like getting my butt kicked go buy them (answer to tires do matter) i have raced the DOT and i mean real DOt class tire and still got my butt kicked.... Then some seasoning came along and lot and i do lots of work in the shop...... Hell i worked 50 hours at work and then another 40 in the shop during the week. (answer to figure it out) then the racers started talking about me and a close friend.... even Ernest was like what the hell did yall do. Again i have raced a little with these guys and if you really watch them they drive those cars for everything they are worth.... That Keith really drives his for everything it is worth and then adds a couple of others cars worth... Go look at how many times that car has been bent.... My hat is off to any racer that works on his/her car and shows up with im here to race attitude and goes home at the end of the night with the satisfaction he/she did there best with what they have to work with........ so I say dont Bitch get even and do the time and home work and show up each week with hifgher expectation than the week before.

And the name is
Chuck Davis 88SS

Chuck 88 SS
bigdog50

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2010, 12:38:16 pm »

LOL  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Wink Wink Huh :'(
racin747

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2010, 07:41:44 pm »

ya im done talking ill be there next week and hope i can run good i know it takes expierence to win so just start getting my laps in....hope alot of cars are there itll be fun see yall there.
Philthy Phil
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2010, 04:14:21 am »

Just got back from AZ and thought I would throw something out there.

I've read a few things that have been said about the SS class, and they are all valid ideas.

In my opinion, the SS class needs a new weight rule. Realisticly, it needs to be a minimum of 3,000lbs.

The tires Glen Johnson has for sale, and the tires I get from Arkansas are actually pretty impressive for a pull off. With shipping I pay 61 dollars a tire and they arrive here in three days. They come grooved and are soft with at least 75% of the tread still on it. The tires from Arkansas and Glen's Tires are absolutely not junk.

Anyway, about the weight. I don't know why the weight rule is 3,300lbs for SS. My guess is so that the pull off tires can get traction or bite.

If we change the minimum weight to 3,000 pounds for SS, you can still accomplish your weight percentages or set up, you just have to work at it. The cars will be much lighter and more responsive to your set up charcateristics.

Now I know we have already invested money in ballast or some have built the car to weigh in that range of 3,300lbs.

I just think changing the weight rule to 3,000lbs is a valid idea that should be considered.

What do yall think?

-Phil
Philthy Phil
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2010, 04:17:56 am »

Hey JUD your car looks really good. Can't wait to see ya out there so I can put you in the wall, lol j/k.

I might make it this friday hopefully!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: