Golden Triangle Speedway
April 17, 2014, 03:29:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Racing Friday night Results 04/16/10  (Read 2593 times)
mlp911

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2010, 12:41:50 am »

opinion
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2010, 01:15:00 am »

I own a pure stock and I promise you the economy has very litte to do with that car count....

I'm curious as to what you think it may be.  Care to share?

JJ
Racer_88

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2010, 01:19:16 am »

Sounds as though i missed a very interesting night of racing..... Ok so is the 87 car Randy Seals? Is it the new car as of last year? Yep like i have said in the past those hobby guys can drive and use every bit of the race car they have...... Thanks Jud for the info...... Sure am missing being there.........

Chuck 88 SS
haulsas

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2010, 02:27:25 am »

My pure stock is setting in the shop where it has been since September. I have been WFO at work with pipeline tie-ins since about mid February of last year and just havent felt like messing with it. I never knew there was a recession,seems like a boom to me.busy enough at work and dont feel like doing jack when I get home. Sort've enjoyed setting in the stands and watching for a while. Does itch a little when your watching them and you know all you need to do is couple weekends of work and it would all be back together. Johnathon, if ya'll are looking for ideas to bring cars in, maybe offer a 400 or 500 to win, maybe that would bring them over. Dont know, just an idea...or a full body car, with a few other rules, and call it a run what you brung Pure Stock nite...Put it on a night that pure stock is supposed to be off so the guys/girls can put stuff on and have time to take it off too....
haulsas

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2010, 02:47:54 am »

You could pick a rule from the other classes that isnt allowed in pure stock, this would minimize cars from other classes getting in on it. You could use the gutting rule for one...any carb, any intake, any exhaust, keep the 15 lb vacum rule in place..,make it on a non points night so it wont effect anyone....just an idea
JUSTME00

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2010, 03:08:12 am »

CHUCK I DIDN'T DO WELL AT ALL.. SPUNOUT ON MY OWN IN THE HEAT BUT MANAGED A 3RD... I WAS IN THE WAY IN THE FEATURE.. I SURE HAVE SOME WORK TO DO B4 I GO BACK...

PATRICK LANGLEY
31 RACER

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2010, 04:34:43 am »

Why would Glen tell a HOBBY STOCK that they could not run with the STREET STOCK,the hobby stock has a (LESS motor) in it put the same tires on and race soooooooo
Why would they tell BUBBA he couldnt run any more.
GTRP please let us knowwww
I THINK GTRP is scared of BUBBA SEALS (wink wink)
CAGE RATTLER

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2010, 08:12:03 am »

Hobby stock engine going around the 91 and 71  Shocked that is crazy!!! They were on the same tires too...
racer25tx

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2010, 02:26:20 pm »

Randy, What rules was he talking about? I looked at the Hobby, Street and general rules and the only thing I could come up with was posted in the general rules:

Drivers must be registered in each class that the driver participates. This is a driver registration, not a car registration. If a driver participates in multiple classes at GTRP, the driver must be registered in all classes with a valid and completed registration form accompanied by the appropriate driver registration fee for each class. The crossover classes are: Hobby Stock and Street Stock; Modified and Limited Modified. If you run a Crate Late Model as a visiting class, a driver from Hobby Stock, Street Stock, Modified and Limited Modified can drive in this class. If you run a Jr. Mini car or a Pure Stock you cannot race in any other class.

I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but it seems to me that this would allow you to run in either class. Maybe someone could provide some clarification.

randy seals

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2010, 02:58:43 pm »

I found the rule that covers my situation :'(

GTRP reserves the right to change the race program and/or race procedures at any time for the improvement of the racing event. No rules have ever been written that cover every possible situation. In those particular events, the track manager will make the decision to cover the situation. GTRP reserves the right to amend any rule at any time in the interest of safety or to rewrite the rule for clarification.

mlp911

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2010, 03:13:27 pm »

you guys gripping about these hobbys being able to run with or outrun street stocks are stuck on the thought that they shouldnt be able to. a good hobby motor should make around 400 hp, not sure if your ss motor is gonna make a whole lot more than that. the 2 barrel carb is a great equalizer. your only gonna get so much hp out of 500 cfm. look at nascar with the restrictor plate, same thing. it kills the hp, but the good drivers use what they have and get to the front. back when i had a hobby i ran with a few fast ss on a playday and could run with them. if his car weighed the same, same tires, and 2barrel carb, the less hp can actually help not spin those crappy ass tires. i dont have a dog in this fight but just hate to see stupid rules. if the track thinks a car is illegal all they have to do is tech the car. dont punish a driver for being good....
JUSTME00

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2010, 04:16:50 pm »

VERY WELL PUT.. I AGREE WITH YOU 100%.
bigdog50

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2010, 10:36:46 pm »

I think this is funny, last year i finished 3rd with street tires on a tacky track and a lot of gear and well groved tires and started in the back so let someone run if they have those sorry pull off on they are hard as a brick lol as for randy he has good equipment and can drive on a slick track ,i was at the races and what i seen was ss blowing off thoes tires and the 19 being smooth and the the car handles great so let that be a lesson to ss that slower can be faster lol Grin Grin Grin AND i did talked to my friend stuart 71s and he said he seen randy on the bottom and he didn't won't to pinch him off on the last lap and take a chance and tearing his or randys car up on the last lap for 50 or so dollars and drivers don't think about that at the end of a race and tore each other car up for nothing thats my opinion and two cents Way to go seals lol and i might add your car looked good patrick Grin Grin Grin Grin
bigdog50

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2010, 11:16:25 pm »

Ok i just looked at ron skinner photos and for years that i raced at gtrp i still don't know where the finish line is and if you look close 71s black camaro nose is ahead of the 19 so the flagman or the people in the booth want see that not to take away from randy JUST A THOUGHT LOL OR A OPINION THATS HOW CLOSE IT WAS (YOU MAKE THE CALL )LOL WE NEED A REPLAY LOL WHAT DO YOU THINK LETS Take a poll or will OBAMA LETS US LOL
randy seals

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2010, 12:24:35 am »

« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 12:31:23 am by randy seals » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: