Golden Triangle Speedway
September 22, 2014, 12:06:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Could Some Classes of Cars be consolidated???  (Read 3398 times)
KristyTex

« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2010, 10:07:08 pm »

I remember when I raced in 1989 they took the top 5 out of the 2 heat the rest ran the consolation then they took the top 5 out of that and they would reverse how you finished. Finish 5th you start on pole and I believe the 5 out of the consey started behind them. I am sure you remember them days Aubrey Back at good ole Eagle Speedway (Former H&B in Silsbee). In Pure Stock we had 32 or 33 cars registered that year. 

Kristy Bishop Lovell
aubrey cain

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2010, 04:00:31 am »

Hi Kristy!  I remember when you were racing at Eagle/Silsbee Speedway. I remember having to start no better then 10th if you won the feature the week before too. I bet racing was easier for you then trying to keep Randy in line these days.  Grin 
KristyTex

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2010, 06:36:34 am »

You sure hit that nail on the head Aubrey Smiley
Mike Murray comes by pretty regular...........I think he said you are living in Silsbee now?
KristyTex

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2010, 06:57:49 am »

3 - Fred Lovell - Nederland (Houston), TX
Late Model - Jackson International Speedway - 197?
This car was sponsored by Johnny-on-the-Spot portable toilets.

aubrey cain

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2010, 01:20:07 pm »

Kristy..........yes, I have been living in Silsbee for 5 years now.
racegirl

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2010, 10:50:43 pm »

Anthony - my step-father was "Big" John Ferguson and my mother has a painting of Teddy's old # 3 with your name on it that your daughter, Rosemary painted , that i am trying to get from her ...lol I will try to post a pic or bring u one. Also, my father is Fred Pfleider and he painted the old "Shithouse" Racing Team car that Fred Lovell drove and then fielded his own car & team back in the OLD days. I think a Local Dirt Hall of Fame would be a great idea as the drivers change so much throughout the years and each one brings something to the sport it would be good for the new ones to not forgot the ones that came before them. I appreciate what Glen is trying to accomplish with the track to bring it back to the glory days.  Hope to see you the next time I am at the races as would love to remienense aabout the good ole times.

Lynette (The EX 50/50 Girl)
Anthony Fasulo

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2010, 10:56:33 pm »

Lynette:  Big John was somebody I always looked up to.  I was a kid back then about junior high age.  There are so many neat stories.  One that comes to mind is back when Teddy lived off Blanchette St., and Big John and Helen lived right down the road.  They worked on the car at Teddy's shop, and I remember how messy and cluttered up things could get in there.  Teddy always said "ain't no time to clean up...need to work on the car"  Big John had lost his wallet once, and it was never found.  One year when Teddy went on vacation, my dad, Tony, Big John, and myself went over to that shop over a weekend, and cleaned things up, organized stuff, and threw out a bunch of junk.  While doing this, a drain pan filled with used oil was emptied along a fence line(like evrybody used to do), and out tumbled Big John's wallet that had been lost.  Big John used to always wear coveralls, which didn't fit tight, and the wallet must have fallen out of his pocket, nad found it's way into that drain pan.  Of course, Big John's response was "Well don't that blow your dress up!", which was something he said often while chuckling as he said it.  Speaking of Big John, has anybody had any contact with "Red" McMillan, who I think was John's nephew?

As for a dirt track hall of fame, that would be something neat.  If nothing else, maybe somebody could put some type of a booklet with photos and bibliographies.  I'm sure there is plenty of photos and people who could  submit adequete information.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: