Golden Triangle Speedway
October 22, 2014, 09:22:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: pure stock race  (Read 4857 times)
jb88

« on: August 15, 2010, 02:48:10 am »

glad we a  have week off! there are at least 4 cars i no will need that much time to be repaired  because of intentional hitting  by people who no better; who have been racing for years  and on the other hand young kids thrown in the mix who dont no when he is being lapped to hold his line. i think  if you are that young and have never been in a race car you should start in jr min class not start in the middle of year in a pure stock... and if so come out and run at end of the nite get  a little seat time. im 40yrs old started racing last year. i Know when you are learning it takes time... thats why they have fun days to get to know your car- i know we need cars in our class but  if one comes in and takes out  3 or 4  what then??? just puts a bad taste in my mouth... maybe im wrong about it all...  maybe thats just racing...  maybe im in a sport im learning i cant afford anymore!!! deer season coming up, i will have a lot of time to think about next year. is it really worth it going out on friday nite and get the crap beat out of you,   work all week  put it back together  do it again???  i may be    INSANE!!!!  Shocked
CAGE RATTLER

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 04:31:01 am »

JB88, ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE BLUE 66??? THAT CAR REALLY SCREWED UP A LOT OF STUFF WHEN YALL WERE LAPPING HIM HUH?BETTER PUT HIM IN A YARD CART!
haulsas

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 07:50:45 am »

I started racing in 2005, had a 74 nova I bought that had already lived it's dirt track life, which was why I got it so cheap. Hell, it even had a 305  in it. At any rate, there was this racer named Ketih Lee Jr.   We met in the corner coming of turn 4 and he was headed for the checker on the last race of the season.  I knocked his axle and rearend out from under his car and I was a lap car.  He laughed about it, and said it was just racing. That was in the pits at his trailer where nobody knew what he could have said. The point in all of this is, he knew he was dealing with someone that didnt mean to tear up his car,and that knew very little about racing. He took that chance to be hard on me and let it go, all he said was "Its just racing and laughed",,,he had nothing to lose by rasing hell with me,,,...He was the lead car about to win a race and I as a lap car blasted his win coming out of turn 4 headed for the checker, and he just let it go...this is all for fun.. I have never won a race. The best I have ever done is 2nd place, but, I have fun everytime I go out there. Quit trying to win and try to have fun......you will love it alot more...

Pure Stock 66
  Kyle Daniel
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 03:37:06 pm by haulsas » Logged
Racer_88

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 08:56:21 am »

Yep hey JB88 yep you have to be insane to race for a hobby.... I know that i am....... Best damm drug or alcohol i have ever had.... Kyle as a racer that is stilll trying to be most competetitive find 1 line and stick too it.... Work on the handleing with a junk motor thne once you are real secure with the handling put some ponies under the hood. I have been that leader and taken out by lap car (included rear end, front end and nasty wall ride with oil pan and crank) and actually i told the lapper to go on it was a racing thing because i did not wont to let him know he turned my night upside down,,,, This happened at thunder valley in Pitckin La. hold that 1 line and then all the leaders and fast guys will get around without issue.......good luck

Chuck 88 SS
jb88

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 01:11:19 pm »

HAULSAS   iunderstand what you are saying. just coming from my end just a little tired of all the work from flipping two times. completly rebuilding another car and every week repairing something. i know thats  racing . but dang it  i go back every week and watch the race over and over to see what i did wrong . trying to learn from my mistakes. im really wanting to get better . one problem  im not racing alone cant control  other people . you know when you work so hard on something and have it distroyed im sorry not were you are yet . still  upsets me . not sure if i want to even get under car and fix it... have 2 weeks to think about it . could be like other people fix it and go out and take it out on all the people who tore my car up . but that would make me just as sorry as them. AND THATS NOT ME you know most of the time i dont say anything .i have made some bad moves .and tore your car up . and the first thing i did was come to you and apoligize and said if you need something, and i have it, its yours you have known me way before i started racing. you know what kind of person i am.  it takes alot to upset me . just tired....  and  about winning well...  how many people out there are trying to see how far back in the pack they can finish . did that really come out of your mouth? "stop trying to win every time".  YOU JACK WAGON  Huh Huh Huh  still love ya man  im just sayn how i feel
haulsas

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 03:08:31 pm »

Please dont misunderstand me, I am there to win a race just like everyone else. If I am starting behind you or anyone I AM GOING TO DO MY BEST TO GET BY YOU, but I am not going to bank my car off yours or pass when I know I am going to make contact. Its not that important. I have watched LOTS of racing and done a little of it too. I do know the one problem in the pure stock class is the inability to use the dang brake, One of your rolls could have been prevented by someone hitting the brake. Hit the brake and let them go,,,,your all going to meet up at the next corner and make a move then, or the straight away...I know you have never retaliated or hit on purpose,,I remember the night you opened my car up like a can of cheap sardines,,,I remember passing the flag stand dragging the door and and fender laughing at all the people in the grandstands who were pointing as I went by... I consider being able to drive my car on the trailer and unload it without a frontend loader a very successful night of racing. If you need some help let me know, I'll come help you...
Anthony Fasulo

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 04:31:54 pm »

Guys...I feel your pain.  About this time of the year, it is hotter than the lower region of hell, and it's hard to get motivated to keep working on your car...especially when the results have been less than you desire.  It is hard to campaign a racecar week after week with little or no help.  Most racers are a unique brand of people, irregardless of the level.  If somebody offers to help you out, let them...that's part of the commaraderee of it all.  You ain't got that many secrets about your car that if you let a competitor help you, he's not gonna find out anything to beat you on the track.  There are alot of people walking around the pits and sitting in the stands that would love to help crew on a car...they might even be willing to contribute a few bucks to the cause if they are able to.  Put the word out that you need some help.  If people offer to help that you don't know, keep a watchful eye on them, and be sure they do things the way you want them done.  Somebody doesn't have to be smart enough or talented enough to be a NASCAR crew chief to be a big help...just be sure you tactfully set boundries from the get go as to what you allow them to do.  Once you get comfortable and confident with them, you can let them do more and take on more responsibility.  Working on your car goes alot faster with somebody to help; even if they are just a "gopher", and it's more enjoyable when you got somebody to B.S. with while you work.  If you are worn out with the racecar, take a few weeks off, take the wife or girlfriend for a night out, or do something else you enjoy and give yourself a chance to recharge your batteries.  Unless you're in the heat of a points battle, there's no reason why you can't take a night off now and then.  I'd come help you if I could, but my plate is so full right now, it needs "sideboards".
haulsas

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 04:58:18 pm »

We have a break in the schedule next week, that'll give some time to get it straightened out...Me and JB88 rode the school bus together, and grew up just a short walk through the woods from each other.... hes got some of my parts on his car and I have some from him on mine...Racing is important, and so are friends......
agnasty92

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 05:29:31 pm »

jb88 my offer still stands to help you out on your car if you need it my number is 409-673-9603 if you or anyone reading this needs help i am here. i already put that a arm i got from you on my car and im ready to go for friday and im pretty bored not haven something to work on when i get home in the evenings witch isnt normal for me haha  Grin just give me a call if you need help id be glad to help.

jacob 409-673-9603
jb88

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2010, 05:45:52 pm »

THANKS YOU GUYS MAINLY NEED THE BOOST OF ENCOURAGEMENT YALL GAVE ME THAT VERY APPRECIATED BUT COULD USE SOME HELP IN THE NEXT 2 WEEKS ITS HARD UNDER A CAR  AND NEED A TOOL  AND HAVE TO CRAWL OUT AND GET  BUT I CAN GET IT DONE  THANKS  HAULSAS DO YOU HAVE ANOTHER TRANY  I HAVE 1  IF NEED BE  SEE YA
haulsas

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2010, 07:01:56 pm »

I'm gonna rebuild this one. Thanks for the offer..Let me know when your gonnna mess with it and I'll come buy and help/hand tools, whatever you need.....
jb88

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2010, 09:42:59 pm »

allwrighthen
Wolf

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2010, 09:55:05 pm »

Aweee...JB88  just go to the deer lease & run !!!! Stumble !!!! or even flip !! Scream a lil & then we'll see ya back in a couple of weeks. How many times have you stopped racing, since you started?
I know it's hard to have a kid beat ya, but get use to it. Theres one really whoopin on ya out there.
jb88

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2010, 12:44:27 am »

AINT NO KID BEAT ME HE HIT ME BROKE MY AXLE ON THE LAST LAP AND STILL BEAT HIM GOT PASSED BY 2 REALY GOOD DRIVERS BUT YOUNG BOY NEVER DID EVEN IF HE PASSED ME WITH A BROKE AXLE HE WOULD HAVE HAD TO PASS ME 2 TIMES AND DONT THINK HE COULD HAVE IF WE HAD 10 LAP TO GO I WOULD BEAT HIM WITH 1 AXLE  WAIT HE MITE HIT ME AGAIN DONT KNOW WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPEND
jb88

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010, 01:23:20 am »

AND ANOTHER THING MR WOLF .  WHEN  YOU SUPORT A TRACK  THATS WHAT YOU DO GO AS MUCH AS YOU CAN. I HAVE MISSED ONE WEEK DUE TO A TOTALED CAR WHEN I FLIPPED .  WIFE GOT ME ANOTHER CAR THE NEXT DAY PUT IT TOGETHER AND WAS OUT THE NEXT WEEK THATS WHAT YOU DO IF YOU WANT TO RACE   Sad Sad  YOU JACK WAGON  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: