Golden Triangle Speedway
August 01, 2014, 11:47:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: pure stock race  (Read 4628 times)
bigdog50

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2010, 02:42:19 am »

Man jb88 or haulass what did i mis in yalls race friday Huh.Hey jb88 thats why i took time off this year it's hotter than hell out side plus after you work all day in the heat also it gets to you sometimes.Some drivers need to look at the payout sheet when they get there money AT SOME POINT ON THAT SHEET THE BREAK DOWN IS 10.00 OR LESS  Shocked Shocked Huh Huh Grin :'( FOR ONE SPOT BUT TWO CARS GOT TORE UP FOR 10.00 OR SO I LEARNED THAT ALONG TIME AGO ???but i fill your pain jb88 atleast your trying to be there everyweek i know of cars sitting at home ready to go and won't support the track but they will be the first to bitch about what goes on at the track so keep up the good work jb88  (i wont make the races this friday my son ask me if i would skip a race to take him to the movies so thats where i will be )see yall the next friday kw50 Grin
Wolf

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010, 01:48:30 pm »

AINT NO KID BEAT ME

JB88 I was talking about the 22x !@#$%!@#$% hehehe
Wolf

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2010, 01:49:21 pm »

JB88 you Jack Wagon......Smiley)
jb88

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2010, 04:56:53 pm »

MR WOLF 22X HAS BEEN DOING THIS FOR 2  1/2 YEARS  I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR 1 1/2 YEARS  I DONT GET UPSET ABOUT 22X MATTER OF FACT HIS DAD BUILT MY MOTOR AND WE ARE FRIENDS SOMETIMES HE GETS BY ME AND SOMETIMES I GET BY HIM  GO BACK  LOOK AT LAST YEARS RACES  SEE IF WE HAVE GOTTEN BETTER  I  PASSED HIM IN THE HEAT  AND PICKED UP A WIN  BUT IN THE END OF THE NITE HE GOT ME  BUT THATS RACING  AND HES NOT A 15 YR OLD KID  AND ONCE AGAIN YOU ARE A BIG JACK WAGON  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
Wolf

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2010, 07:23:52 pm »

I know that you Jack Wagon.
dirtbag

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2010, 07:55:36 pm »

I thought pure stock was a beginner class. 
honda90bass

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2010, 10:20:55 pm »

jb88 why dont we take a stroll to mamby pamby land you jack wagon!  Cheesy

jacob

Harris Racing
Wolf

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2010, 12:09:06 am »

He's to big to stroll, he has to roll !! LOL
agnasty92

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2010, 02:10:18 am »

iv only been racing 3 weeks now and i try to stay out of everyones way and climb up positions at the same time. sometimes i make contact with other cars not on purpose but simply because i havent learnd how to hold my line just yet. ill go into the corners and slide up every time. iv told some of the hobby guys if they think i do something wrong feel free to mention it to me in the pits and tell me how to fix it. thats the only way i know to learn is trial and error i mean we all make mistakes at some point some are bigger than others but it would probably be best for the kid if someone would sit down with him and calmly tell him "hey i dont like how you drive and here is what you need to do to better yourself and not wreck your car and my car" thats just the way i look at it.

jacob 409-673-9603
haulsas

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2010, 02:16:48 am »

I had a 305 for the first 1/2 season I raced. I started in the middle of the year. I knew I couldn't win, had no chance at it. I just wanted to drive. When they posted me on the board, if I was to far forward, or they inverted the field I would go to the back. We were starting 20+ cars nearly every friday then. I learned alot by just hanging back, believe it or not. Because of the law of attrition(meaning idiots that are to stupid to let out of the gas), I usually finished in the top 10....because there probably wasn't but about 11 left Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Racer_88

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2010, 02:26:00 am »

Agnasty........ Invest in a video camera and have someone video and watch that 100 times if you have to, to understand what you were thinking and the way the car reacted or felt at any given time of the race.

My first 12 races i never saw a checker because of the desire to move up while learning to drive. Best thisng to do is sometimes start in the back and just finish without passing a single car. A good friend threatehed to beat me to death if i did anything different than that.... I sure learned a lot. and saw my first checkered flag
read everything there is about racing circle track regardless of the cars it is applied to or the type of surface then you have the knowledge to understand the things that your brain is trying to process while being a rookie.
Lastly you might talk to glenn about having him coach you after the races or on a Sunday or Monday at the track. or maybe invest in a coach for hire that would sure shorten your learning curve and maybe save you a few dollars in repairs.

Chuck 88 SS
agnasty92

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2010, 02:32:03 am »

i already have my girlfriend video me from the grand stands and i have a incar camera pointed at me so i can watch my steering from in the car and see what the car does. but that coaching thing is a good idea. does glenn let people come practice on a sunday or monday? iv heard he wouldnt

jacob 409-673-9603
haulsas

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2010, 02:33:09 am »

You may or may not have tried this. Find someone you trust and let them hot lap your car. Someone that knows what they are doing and wont go out and tear it up trying to show how good they are, and how bad you are....It may not be as much your fault as you think...
Racer_88

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2010, 02:34:51 am »

I am not sure if Glenn would do that or not but i am sure that a simple phone call to him would solve that mystery......

Stick with it and hold your line that helps a lot......... good luck

Chuck 88 SS
harleyrking1

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2010, 03:30:32 pm »

Jay, hang in there, I know exactly how you feel.
CC
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: