Golden Triangle Speedway
October 02, 2014, 10:19:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Random Tech  (Read 3805 times)
haulsas

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 02:06:16 am »

I agree 100%, there is no reason why someone would refuse if they were legal. I also agree all that would happen would be they would change it and come back the next week for more points and money...There are only a few races left, so expelling them for the rest of the season should teach them a lesson. From what I heard about it they lost points for the season. I hate to see stuff like that happen, but I really think teching and putting people accountable for what they try will help grow the classes.
haulsas

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 02:09:04 am »

What would have been funny was the track to have claimed that motor, that would have got some fur flying....
st.stock38

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 02:21:17 am »

Wish another track would follow suite! not just the roll and go! and it's not just one class either!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 02:24:43 am by st.stock38 » Logged
agnasty92

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 02:22:43 am »

i was talking to a guy the other night and he said up north they could claim a motor and bet like a thousand on a motor and the tech guys would tear it down at the end of the night and if it was illegal you bought the motor for a grand. if it was legal then you had to put the motor back together. he said alot of people got alot of cheap motors at first but then people stopped cheating because they didnt want to loose there motors. gtrp should do this i know quite a few people id claim haha

jacob 409-673-9603
BrownBrothersRacing

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2010, 05:11:10 pm »

I agree with all of you...i think they should do a suspention and take all of the points away! I am not defending myself on this one b/c the guys in the tech pad know why we didnt tech. If you have been paying attention even a lil bit this year then you would notice that I won a single race so far this year and a couple top fives that is it. The only reason that I was on top in points is b/c I was at GTRP every week with bells on and just love the sport win or lose. Just lucky i guess.  And as far as us cheating of course i am going to say that we were not. Only the guys that are in our race shop day after day will know the truth. For everyone else you just flat out dont know...bottom line...now you can speculate all you want. That is what is great about the USA! Unless our financials get back in the Black the 1B will not be back on the track for sometime. Dont know what I did to most of you that always want to comment negitively about me but i officially apoligize for everything to everyone.
Just remember that racing is suppost to be fun...all the commenting isnt much fun when your on the other end. Good luck to all the racers this year and stay safe

GB

Brown Brothers Racing
          GB 1B
haulsas

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2010, 05:34:54 pm »

Don't worry about it, its happened before and it will happen again. Its almost a certainty that something will happen friday with someone different  and all the love will be sent their way. It always happens, no matter what. It sorta like a tide, it was just your turn. I remember my turn, I was glad to see someone else in the cross hairs to get the lime light off me....
st.stock38

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2010, 07:40:40 pm »

Like they say it is what it is, if it's fair for one to be teched why should someone else be different.  whether you are there or not !
nobodyjm

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2010, 08:18:56 pm »

i think the teching is an awesome thing, wether they wanted to tear their car down or not is up to them, i know i would really hate to pull a head off a hot motor for any amount of money. as far as legal, i think if a car is teched illigal then let them run but no points or money till it is legal,........not sure about refuse to tear down. it is not proven legal or illegal.
Ace

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2010, 09:24:16 pm »

Ok. Say your not cheating Grant. What is the logical reason for refusing teardown? Gaskets. . . Track offered to pay for. Money? If 100 dollars of materials to put motor back together is to much then your priorities need to be elsewhere. . . The only excuse is you didn't want to do it or your cheating and neither are a good excuse. So what's your reason for refusing. Your cousin did not have a problem with it.
st.stock38

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2010, 10:16:18 pm »

So then on will he be labeled a cheater? maybe banned also for next season too?  there is no conseqences for not doing what is asked?
dbrown

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2010, 10:48:36 pm »

ace wyble, this david brown , that engine is a jeffs performance magnum race, if it would have been 200, 300, 400 dollars lets take down, not 25 dollars, not a trophy & jacket thats my reason, and im sticking to it!
pbrown

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2010, 01:07:34 am »

i have to confess if the 11 car had finished 10th yall would be on my butt this week calling me a cheater. the comp in this class is stiff. all the cars are fast. there are two races out there for grant and johnny. one against everyone and one against each other for weekly bragging rights. neither of them are going to let the other get better or faster parts than the other. that being said i know he was legal and ill tell ya what else i know it was about 110 degrees in that tech barn. i sweated about 10 pounds off my fat butt while i was in there.
Ace

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2010, 01:14:37 am »

stick to it then, that is fine. Your engine is at the shop being rebuilt? it didnt blow friday night did it? and not put back together bc you didnt tear down. Or being made legal. Either way, its a done deal. If thats your answer then stay with it, but anyone thats been around racing knows that refusing a tech is fishy.
double bb

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2010, 05:00:48 am »

Being caught with a motor infraction is one thing , loose your point for the year and possible that you may be suspended .
Not choosing to tear your motor down is not admission of gilt , but there has to be penalties for that .
loose your money for the night and forfitting your points for the year . I s kind of stiff but if that is the rules for all then let er rip.
haulsas

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2010, 12:51:37 pm »

I looked in the rules and couldn't find anything for refusal to tear down. On this website, nor any other tracks. I may have missed it, but where I looked it wasnt there. I bet it will appear soon, along with the penalty Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: