Golden Triangle Speedway
September 21, 2014, 03:57:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Random Tech  (Read 3783 times)
thomas64

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2010, 01:34:01 pm »

Not defending, but i know of alot of drivers that would not tear there motor down for just gasket money. When you finish top 2 its still barely worth the money or effort to put the motor back together to be there the next week. But randomly because your up in points? I think tech in the area needs to stiffen up, but hes been across he tech pad other times. Good luck, hope to see you back at the track soon.
redroosterracing

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2010, 01:52:00 pm »

I have seen many racers , that know they are teching the top 5 or so, drop out of the top 5 or act like they have a problem, to not make the top 5 and be teched. Geeze its not the end of time or the first time. Im sure thr Brown crew weighed their options before they did what they did. SOOOOO, let them and the track officials deal with it.  IT IS WHAT IT IS!!!!!   and NO, i dont know the Browns, but believe me its not the first and wont be the last time you see something fishy.

The closer to the front you get, the faster the cars are....
bigdog50

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2010, 07:52:42 pm »

What was tech looking for (where is the scope too look in spark plug holes ,exhaust ports,take carb off and look down intake runners ect:maybe they wanted too look at the valves and (head casting the back side )i'm with thomas i wouldn't want to tare mine down for 25.00 either so where did the other drivers finish if they tore down then i guess i would but it would take me all nite lol and call work and tell them i will be late for sat work lol Huh Huh Grin
Jwyble18

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2010, 10:37:38 pm »

They took the top 4 in points and no matter where you finished you had to goto tech. They made us pull the passenger side head off and they checked it thoroughly...they offered to pay for head gaskets and sealant! They are just trying to keep people honest and make it fair for all the racers! If you are going to buy a race car and get into racing with rules, then you should be prepared to get your stuff checked whether you want to or not...if money and time is your excuse then you need to re-figure your finances and find a cheaper hobby! Don't gripe and complain when you have people trying to keep you honest...I applaud Glen for his hard work and the Tech man for finally getting a hold of this matter!
Brian88

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2010, 10:43:30 pm »

Your exactly right Wyble!!!
pbrown

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2010, 10:56:45 pm »

i havent seen one post on this topic where one of the browns were griping or complainlng. did  i miss something? ace asked why he didnt tear it down and he told him . thats  all.
Jwyble18

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2010, 11:45:56 pm »

I wasn't pointing fingers saying it was them gripping on the internet, I've heard a bunch of other people throughout the pit and on the internet! It was a general point! I'm not one to start drama or point fingers, me and the Browns are on good terms and are nice to one another...that's their prerogative to tear down or not! I'm just making a general statement!
billy5

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2010, 03:14:41 am »

is the random points teching going to be reflected at the end of the year banquet with greater points battle prizes?
Wolf

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2010, 03:30:49 pm »

I for one am glad for the teching their are doing. "Being Legal" has been a battle for awhile. No matter the class. If you choose to not have your car torn down in the dirt & grit, that's your choice.
Live & learn  then, turn left !!!
thomas64

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2010, 09:59:55 pm »

Im all about tearing down the top 2. Even a random car now and again. But just because your in the top 5 in points....Points pay nothing. Its just a show of support for a track.
curtis

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2010, 10:07:45 pm »

yep, tech is good. cheating bad. FUN is a must!!
TurboTyler
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2010, 02:20:01 pm »

you know what they say "if you aint cheating you aint trying" Grin
nobodyjm

« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2010, 03:34:42 pm »

cheating just means that you have to go outside the rules to get something done,  because you dont know how to do it within the rules! i have alot of respect for a person who is legal,.... no matter where they finish or are in points.     JUST RACE FOR THE FUN!!!!
Rowdy51

« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2010, 04:25:28 pm »

also another saying if you want to keep up you got to cheat with the cheaters

StreetStock 51
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: