Golden Triangle Speedway
July 29, 2014, 04:45:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty time... Hobby and Street Stocks  (Read 2173 times)
GTRP
Administrator

« on: August 23, 2010, 03:04:10 pm »

Calling all Hobby Stocks:

Randy Lovell HS 83 is in the hot spot this week.  Time for a bounty of $100.00 to see if you can upend his winning streak!
$100 to the person how dethrones him, or if he wins, $100.00 to Randy.

Ok Street Stocks going to give you another week.  Ernest was hot Friday night and took home the $100.00 
This week we are going to up the pot to $200.00.  Same rules as last week. 

Just a note:  Both Randy and Ernest have to complete the feature race in order for the bounty money to be paid out. 

Happy Racing
Taz 3 pure stock

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 08:36:05 pm »

could you maybe put them in the back so they will have to work for it. If they are good sportman they will not care. Show the fans something. Come from the back and win. now that will be a race..Just a suggestion!!!!!

I like to make candles. I do own a candle business. I do like to watch and race dirt track cars. I have 1 horse (Stardust), 4 Poms (Candy,Buttercup, Cricket, Hershey). My little girl is Brandi Dale. Dale is named after Dale Earnheart.
double bb

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 04:57:17 am »

I am sure glad you put that little clause in there about them having to FINISH THE RACE.
I would hate to see someone take them out just to doit.
Put them in the back and make it a twnety five lap feature then you would get to see some driving .
if you just put them in the back on a twenty lap race they will get hung up to long in traffic to catch back up to the front runners. Both classes are exciting to watch , the fans realy like to watch them run !
Most of the time they run flag to flag with no cautions, and the fans love to see that !
Racer_88

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 08:04:32 am »

Taz you speack of the day when the points arranged where you started in the feature. I also wish we raced that way again.... The higher in points you were the farther back you started and you also got points for passing. This was a time wwhen at the end of the year at the banquets the promoters also participated in contengency programs and kept up with these so at the banquet you got some very cool rewards based on contengency from major vendors. Passing points and the starting in the back made very good racing and the guys racing for points at the end of the year showed up every weekend and maybe they did not win but they passed 10-15 cars so their points were as much as if they had started on the pole and not passed anyone and won.... Dont think those days are ever coming back though.

Keep watching it is always a good day when you get to see racing....

Chuck 88 SS
mlp911

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 05:31:28 pm »

they did this at silsbee a long time ago. i had never won a race before but i started the season wanting to run for points so i was there every week. i lead the points for a while, swapped the points lead with Albert Wright and Terry Powell all season. bad thing was you start in the back of 20 cars every week it gets pretty tough on equipment. got tore up almost every night. before it was over all 3 of us quit coming every week. i sold my car and built one for a different class. dont think any of us 3 that were in top of points wound up winning it because of that system. dont think you should punish someone for being fast. you either settle for what you have or step up your game to get better. i like the invert draw, maybe there should be a higher number in the draw so everyonce in awhile more cars are inverted. i know it can get old seeing the same people win but i still dont think you can punish guys for doing theyre homework
harleyrking1

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 06:02:53 pm »

I agree, if you work hard and run fast, why should you be punished and forced to the rear !
Sounds like a system our goverent currently uses
Rowdy51

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 08:21:39 pm »

Im sure fans would not want to see them same exact cars run away with it every week it gets real old seeing them same replay from the week before. "oh gee look who won again what is that 2 months in a row"

StreetStock 51
dirtbag

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 09:46:09 pm »

Maybe some cars need to get better instead of asking for a hand out of putting the faster cars to the rear. 
jb88

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 10:07:05 pm »

WHAT I THINK IS THE FUNNIEST THING IS RACING IN WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE A BEGINNERS CLASS  WITCH I AM . AND RUNNING WITH PEOPLE THATS BEEN IN THIS CLASS FOR 4 TO 6 YRS.  WHEN ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO MOVE UP  NOT MAD BY NO MEANS JUST SAYN  . IM NOT NEAR  READY TO MOVE UP . I HAVE A LOT 2 LEARN BEFORE I WOULD MOVE UP AND GET IN ALL THE HOBBY STOCKS WAY . I WOULD HAVE TO WATCH 4 YELLOW FLAG WITH BLUE STRIPE ON IT FOR SURE . I KNOW MY PLACE AINT SCARED 2 SAY IT . IF I FINISED IN THE TOP 3  NEXT YEAR MITE THINK ABOUT IT . BUT THAT IS A DIFRENT WORLD JUST 1 CLASS UP
Wolf

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 10:36:38 pm »

Just because you finish in the top 3 or even the top 5...that don't mean your ready to move up into the next class. It just means your a dedicated racer & your there & work hard to finish the race every night.
KristyTex

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 10:52:55 pm »

If you put a limit on how many years you could drive in a class there would be alot less cars at the track. The class has to do with your pocket book and the desire of the class you like to run in.
hotwheels

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 11:20:22 pm »

Maybe some need just bring their cars out and stop worring about what everyone else....
go fast

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2010, 11:29:17 pm »

When you put the faster cars in the back it just makes it more fun for the spectators ist not punishment because do you think we would have a place to race with out the fans
Johnny Arthur
Rowdy51

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2010, 11:34:29 pm »

I dont think its punishment and basicly you put the fastest car on the pole every week no matter what that to me seems like in my opinion thats kind of handing the fastest car the win from the start. if there so fast no matter where they start they should be able to drive there way up to the front. ive been a spectator for years and raced myself. From a spectator point of view its boring to see the same cars win every week from the pole position. its more fun to see them work for it. No racetrack will survive with out putting on a good showing for the fans. put on a good showing will make them want to come back. The same replay week after week they will lose intrest.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 11:40:00 pm by Rowdy51 » Logged

StreetStock 51
dirtbag

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2010, 11:41:15 pm »

Don't really think it would matter where you start them. You would get the same results. 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: