Golden Triangle Speedway
April 23, 2014, 06:48:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 28 pure stock  (Read 3167 times)
blkflag
« on: September 26, 2010, 03:44:50 am »

It sure sounded like 28 was running more than a.450lift cam sounded like he borrowed some of his kin folks cam.A pure stock dang sure isnt suppose to sound like a street stock.We will see next week when he gets protested there is enough people going in its only going to cost us $20.00 apiece you better go back to your old cam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mlp911

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 02:27:50 pm »

ive been building engines for a long time and i still cant tell how much lift a cam has by the way it sounds. you must be one heck of an engine builder.lol... you can hear the duration in a cam and i dont think there is a duration rule in the class other than vacuum. wasnt at the track and have nothing to do with the 28 cars but that sure was a silly post...
jb88

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 02:59:49 pm »

THAT FUNNY.WE WERE SIDE BY SIDE AND THE 28 DIDNT WALK OFF AND LEAVE THE 88 AND MY MOTOR IS 4 YRS OLD AND DONT GET ANY PURESTOCK THAN MINE. DONT YOU THINK SOME ONE WHO OWNS A MUFFLER SHOP COULD MAKE HIS CAR SOUND HOWEVER HE WANTS.. WE TOOK OUR X PIPES OFF OF BOTH OUR CARS AND THEY BOTH SOUND DIFFERENT .JUST ASSUME.YOU NOW WHAT THAT DOES..WELL I AINT GONA SAY WHAT IT SPELLS BUT I WILL CALL YOU A JACKWAGON................. Angry Angry Angry Angry
haulsas

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 03:52:04 pm »

I have a custom ground cam in the engine I pulled to put the one I have now in. At about 650 rpm that motor sounds like it should be in a Street stock or something other than a pure. I wondered if maybe they ground the lift wrong. So, I checked the lift and its exactly 450 lift. You should study up a little on the all the things that makes that rat tat tat sound. Like Peavey said there is no duration rule in Pure Stock only lift and vacum. If you protest him what will happen is. First they will check the vacum and if it they dont find 15 # then they will pull a valve cover, losen a push rod and check the lift. From what I know of Mark Harris your gonna find exactly 450 lift, then he will take your money buy his crew breakfast after the protest is done and over with...
Wolf

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 06:18:13 pm »

That's the same car, same eng & same tires that his son was running...if you wanna protest someone & put your money to good use...protest the 357 car !!! He's the one who's had his eng out since tech tore down the class. A double point night is the right night to do it too...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 06:20:31 pm by Wolf » Logged
racer25tx

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 11:03:38 pm »

ABSOLUTELY!!! Protest that bad boy!!! And then walk away scratching your @$$ wondering why you just lost your money!!! Grin Grin Grin 357 motor hasn't been out all year. They had an oil leak, but welded the pan on the car. Do it though...Maybe Big 'N and Eddie will buy me some breakfast!!!
haulsas

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 12:49:15 am »

I was setting beside the 357 in the staging lanes and he has extra windshield wipers too..Thats just dispicable to cheat like that...
haulsas

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 12:55:07 am »

Ronnie Mekalip waves at you when he passes you too. He should be disqaulified for that interruption..
bigdog50

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 02:45:34 am »

Now what going on in pure stock now lol Grin back when i had two exhaust systems and it made my motors sound different and  makes jackwagons think u are running a different motors lol but if u want too lose your money things are fishy put your money where your mouth is lol but back in the day when i raced thunderbomber now pure stock i got tore down a lot  Grin Shocked Huh and thats not fun hot, late ,and legal.lol Grin ;)one time i found a 104plus octane bottle and taped it too my deck lid (and dad said u can't do that and i said i'm just trying too get extra money tonite so some ONE jackwagon put up money too check MY FUEL WHAT A DUMB ASS LMAO ) I HAD 87 OCATANE LOL AND pick up 75 more dollars lol for some one thinking i was running octane boost lol that just show u how people think at the track u jackwagon lol PUT U MONEY WHERE YOUR MONEY IS LOL oh by the way i blowed my hobby sky hi lol crank cam two pistons  RODSand whatever else  :'( :'( Shocked Grin Grin Grin two years wasn't bad i don't guess see yall friday with BACKUP LOL Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 02:50:33 am by bigdog50 » Logged
Wolf

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 05:24:24 pm »

Just pondering...they gonna pick on my favorite car...I'll pick on a leader too.
haulsas

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 01:44:22 am »

Who is your favorite car Wolf
HarrisRacing28

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 03:51:38 pm »

haha if you're feelin froggy...jump Wink
haulsas

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 09:45:07 pm »

Are ya'll gonna put a 28 on the frog?
Wolf

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 12:25:59 am »

RIBBITT.....BUD...WEIS...ER !!!!!!!!
blkflag
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2010, 06:52:55 am »

what happened to him this week end 10-1-10 looked like he changed something ran very poorly and all over the track . i guess yall in vidor dont how to take a little trash talk.By the way ive got an old toilet that yaw can use for your potted plants in your front yard
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: