Golden Triangle Speedway
October 24, 2014, 06:39:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 171 speedway in leesville , la  (Read 3652 times)
triplerracing98

« on: November 06, 2010, 02:28:11 am »

171 will be reopening in 2011 website & rules should be out in a couple of weeks  Cheesy
JUSTME00

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 02:54:40 am »

NOW THAT IS SOME GOOD NEWS.. I HOPE THE STREET STOCKS HAVE SOME RULES COMPARING TO GTRP...  WHO BOUGHT IT?
triplerracing98

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 03:21:29 am »

A man from leesville bought it, John higginbotham will be running the track. He said the rule will be almost the same as Gtrp rules. That will give y'all another option for Saturday nights.
Rowdy51

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 03:32:27 am »

I hope they re open that is a fun track to be at. (last time i went anyways)

StreetStock 51
Racer_88

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 02:11:04 pm »

TripleR I hope that you are affiliated with the track and this is a absolute..... and not some hearsay and wishful thinking. I have a lot of friends that are in La. and really will be getting back into racing due to the local of the track........ I loved when i raced there the track was very fast.

John if your out there We all hope to see you again in 2011.

Chuck
Davis
88motorsports

Chuck 88 SS
triplerracing98

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 02:51:46 pm »

Racer 88, John is looking for some input on the SS class. If you dont have his number call me at 13372073462 Donny L.
JUSTME00

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 03:20:44 pm »

CHUCK I HEAR YA.. I RACED THERE A FEW TIMES WITH MY MODIFIED... I LOVED THE TRACK.. WE NEED TO GET WITH HIM ON SOME STREET STOCK RULES... I JUST HOPE THEY DONT OPEN THE RULES UP LIKE MANY DID...
redroosterracing

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 09:50:50 pm »

Bro, we will just have to clean the tadpoles out the Stroker motors and get a jack that we can remove the handles on (bring back the old days)   lmao

The closer to the front you get, the faster the cars are....
Racer_88

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2010, 10:12:42 pm »

TripleR.... I will Call John...... As the Texas tracks have adopted the same rule book to allow these guys to run where ever they chose or alternate i say 171 follow suit. 171 is within driving distance of a lot of texas owners also......

Rooster i take a lot offense to that ...... I was Tech there for the first 2 years of there racing when the Hines' had ownership and i teched per the rule book.... Infact i don't remember who it was that ran a 24 modified i busted him one night for his rear axle being 1/4" to far forward..... then to stop a lot of bitching in the mods when John-O was killing everyone and they just started allowing the grimlin roof i heard so much belly aching and tecked him pretty hard...... There was a latemodel #4 i busted him with a roller cam.. Now what ever happened after that i cant answer for and when Mike Hale and  were killing everyone there we were not running any stroker motors just hard ole cars on a rail.....

I do know you are just yanking chain but as far as Mike and I cheating no way.......

Chuck 88 SS
JUSTME00

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2010, 10:39:40 pm »

CHUCK THE 24 WAS CHRIS DUHON AND THE LATEMODEL WAS FROM BATON ROUGE AREA.. U TECHED AT THE NEW 171 OR THE OLD?

I THINK ROOSTER WAS MEANING IF THEY GO TO MANY'S RULES
redroosterracing

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 09:10:42 pm »

yes... if they go to the Many rules... didnt mean to offend you.... and the jack handle was from back in the Forest Hill days

The closer to the front you get, the faster the cars are....
JUSTME00

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2010, 09:26:57 pm »

I WAS TOLD A ROBERT WHITE BOUGHT THE 171 SPEEDWAY...  THE RULES ARE GONNA BE THE SAME AS GTRP...  RULES AND WEBSITE IN JANUARY.. TIME WILL TELL I GUESS
Racer_88

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 03:32:49 am »

Rooster yeah your right if they run froma Many rule book ........ It s bring all you have and hopefully you have brung enough....
I teched at the new 171 when Mike Hines opened it....... Even DQed Scotty Taylor in Supers for passing his trailer before tech..... It was very clear in the rules that was a huge nono....... Rooster whatcha mean forrest hill days,,,, They never fought there HAHHAHAHA

I really like it if they have adopted the rules from the Texas tracks then everyone has that option........

Thanks Patrick i did not remember Duhons name but you should have seen his face when i busted him for his rear end location... That too was plain black and white in the rules......

Chuck 88 SS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: