Golden Triangle Speedway
April 24, 2014, 12:43:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rules for Pure, Hobby, Street posted  (Read 3460 times)
31 RACER

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 09:48:53 pm »

we dont race hobby but i saw where gator was making the same statment about the limiteds that GTRP has made with you guys so im sure it is coming to the limiteds but if it does i guess we will something next year.
00wallcrawler

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2010, 04:42:05 pm »

Like I said the promoters are thinking more than one year ahead and in the coming years when new racers come in and have to buy parts it is easier to get a Holley. It is also easier to tech a two barrel. If you don't try to curtail the cost of a class it will disappear. The more you spend the more you think you deserve to win.Let me give you race track 101. The national average for pit passes per car is three to four we will be generous and say GTRP gets four (which almost never happens). When GTRP gets a full field of mods (which almost never happens) the purse is about 3000 dollars and the back gate only brings in 2400 dollars GTRP starts in the hole 600 on the mods. That's hoping to get a full field when you get less it is actually worse because the big money is at the top not the back. How long can GTRP afford to run a low count of any class.
TurboTyler
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2010, 05:42:23 pm »

My name is tyler king and who ever is telling glen that im bitching about the rules you give me a call 409540.2912. This forum is about opinion not to go cry to the owner. And if i would had been talking about the rules i would had done it on this account. Not my fathers. So give me a call so i can see whose the "tattle tell". Have a nice day
TurboTyler
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2010, 06:11:13 pm »

and just a reminder people. this is a forum. you express your opinions. NOT WHAT U WANT TO HAPPEN. my father is just making a point. he doesnt want the rules changed back to both carbs, because face it, you cant fight city hall(city hall= glen, for the slow people). im still expecting a phone call from who ever. and for those special people too im glad u know im racing the limited next year. because im not. why would i be complaining about a class im not even gonna be competeing in. we have chose to not race the limited next year. were gonna go full time in the mini sprint chasing points.
have a nice day
31 RACER

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2010, 09:28:25 pm »

If the cry baby has a problem tell the to call me Gary King. If I had a problem with glen I would have called glen
Call me anytime you want
Grow a set and call me 409 460 4230
Bunch of freaking wimps
Glen if you called Tyler you need to call me.
Oh by the way the person that keeps glen in the loop on who is complaining i have a box of diapers and am willing to change you diaper and give you bottle to go with it.
randy seals

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2010, 09:00:16 pm »

I listen to the tdn show last night .  glenn said there are people buying 2,000$ quadrajets and they can't tech them Huh Wow 2,000$, that's the first I heard of that one. Making people add 50lbs in front of the motor plate if they run a quadrajet is your way of forcing people to go to a two barrel. even at battleground there are alot of people that like the two barrel already. I know there is also alot of people at gtrp that run two barrels too. Not because they have too but because they like them over the qjet. They choose to run a holley, I choose to run a quadrajet. Paid 185$ a peice from John Mcvinney in conroe. Even had them on the dyno, best two carbs out several that I had and borrowed that were 600-700$. You made referance to this post talking about someone talking about genious track owners making dumb rules. well you asked for it. doesn't keith lee, the brown bros, jonno, hebert run holley carbs, I may be wrong??? So why would you penalize people with qjets when there is no obvious on track performance advantage. I think making sombody put an extra 50lbs on there car is rediculous, but in front of the motor plate is really genious. You say you can't tech them, but what you mean to say is you can't tech them as easy as a holley so you just change the rules. If the bottom butterflys are the same size as stock then it's legal, take you 2 minutes to pull the carb off. you can do all you want to any carb, fatten it up, put more fuel pressure to it, but if the smallest point where the butterflys rest isn't bigger then you didn't do anything. You actually made it worse because now your air fuel mix is off and it will slow you down. glenn you obviously don't know about qjets, maybe you've never ran one, or had one apart, but they are very simple basic carbs, nothing to it. I spend lots of time and money on dynos gaining information about all kinds of stuff that you are guessing about and then making decisions on.So now if I want to come to your track and race I have to buy a new carb which will probably be at least 500$ for carb and spacer. Or I add 50lbs to my motor. thanks for helpin the racers out. Every time a track tries to save me money, I end up spending more. Just like buster said about the 15" tires being extinct, hasn't happened yet, and neither are quadrajets. This is the problem with tracks coming up with these type of rules. No offense glenn but you don't know near as much as I do or most of the hobby drivers about the hobby rules. We know them inside and out. Not your fault, it's alot of info to keep up with for all the classes. tracks need to start picking say 5 or maybe 10 drivers in a class and let them decide what to do about situations like this. I thought about calling you to kinda explain my reasoning but just like last night when you were on tdn show, you let it be known that this is your track, which it is, and it will be run how you want to run it. Your words were "IF you don't like it, Don't come!" Your myway or the highway business practice may not be the greatest way to get cars to show up. You talked about if somone was selling bubble gum and had ten different people telling them how to run a business it would probably fail. Maybe so, but I hav'nt been to any other business anywhere, besides a dirt track, that telling people "if you don't like it, don't come" is an acceptable way to promote a business. I'm not trying to run your business, whisper in your ear, or change your rules. just letting you know why people get upset when tracks make the decisions they do and negative things are said.

merry christmas, happy new year and good luck

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/texasdirtne....embed= download
billy5

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2010, 01:58:17 am »

how many burger lovers would go somewhere else if burgerkings motto was[[ YOU WILL HAVE YOUR WHOPPER THE WAY WE TELL YOU]]
HarrisRacing28

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2010, 02:02:41 am »

my car useually weighed about 130-150 lbs. over last year, i had at least 50lbs. of unneeded weight on frontend. but i guess we will see what combo dominats this season. i tried a 2barrel and it was like draging anchor, but maybe my carb was junk i dont know.i know of 44 kevin kelly and 33 masion baker tried 2barrel in heats and wouldnt run near as fast as they were capable.but, im not very educated on carbs i'v only raced 3 years.

Ben Harris #28H    HS
st.stock38

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2010, 04:09:01 pm »

what would a track with no cars be?
JSanford

« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2010, 05:27:32 pm »

what would a car with no track be?
TurboTyler
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2010, 10:01:47 pm »

okay this subject is over. People are gonna buy 1000$ 4 barrels and when they change the rules to 2 barrels only they are gonna go out and buy a 1000$ willys. Discussion over.
redroosterracing

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2010, 02:41:30 am »

AMEN TURBO,  the people that run in the front will always run in the front. Kinda like years ago when we went to Asphalt take offs, there was soo much crying it was like a nursrey. But the ones cryin went right back to the front... Either they figured it out, bought new asphalt tires, bigger motors, cheater trannies, cheater carbs, $4500 acid ported heads or whatever BUT THEY STILL WENT TO THE FRONT. So, go to your people and learn how to make it work and bring your car to GTRP!!!!!!!!!   

The closer to the front you get, the faster the cars are....
st.stock38

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2010, 02:45:26 am »

what would a car with no track be?
Going to one of the other open tracks~!
HarrisRacing28

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2010, 03:40:07 am »

my car still aint skined, i just need to hang that ALUMINUM body before sat.  Shocked Shocked Shocked j/k might not have time to paint it might have to support the ductape numbers
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 03:58:23 am by HarrisRacing28 » Logged
agnasty92

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2010, 04:39:46 am »

geez i prolly shoulda read the part about the weights and wat not a long time ago.... were can i get good priced weights?? all i can find are a dollar a pound... and im about 300 pounds under weight and suggestions??

jacob 409-673-9603
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: