Golden Triangle Speedway
October 01, 2014, 04:10:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Howdy- Question about some RC racing.  (Read 1759 times)
txaggie08

« on: January 20, 2011, 07:18:21 am »

I race fifth scale HPI bajas. We turn about 45-55mph top speed, and usually run dirt on a 1/5 mile or smaller track.

Several of us where wondering if the go kart track would permit us to run? I know there are already 5-10 local racers, and dozens of guys in houston that would migrate to 90 for a race series. I'm sure if we open competitive racing up, or even a place to run, more folks will come out.....

Here's some examples of what I'm talking about setup for the dirt.....

BTW, these are far and away faster than the 1/4 scale sprints are, some of these motors are pushing out 6-9hp in a 25-30# car and topping out near 60 on dirt.
redroosterracing

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 12:27:10 am »

ID GO WATCH THAT!!!!!!!!  I used to race RC stadium trucks. Sounds like something to give a try to me.  DIVERSITY!!!!!!

The closer to the front you get, the faster the cars are....
txaggie08

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 12:55:16 am »

just for scale reference, that car is 36" at the chassis, the body is probably 42-44" long.

Rooster, we'll let you drive one and you'll find a new obsession Wink.

some east coast mods running:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/euWgFU8dHls
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 02:51:26 am by txaggie08 » Logged
vwracer48

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 05:25:20 am »

Cory, I finally got registered. I hope to talk to the owner to see if we can come out and at least show them what we run. Maybe we can mix with them as another class type thing, in between their runs?

Here is a video of a huge get together up in NY. ( I hope this works )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGzz73wirL0&playnext=1&list=PL308B0B422AD277A1&index=27
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 05:37:07 am by vwracer48 » Logged
Racer_88

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 07:00:39 pm »

TXAggie...... Now that is too funny the drivers of these drive just like the modified drivers... hahahahahaha

Chuck 88 SS
txaggie08

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 09:36:01 pm »

Guess I haven't spent enough time around the dirt tracks to get the joke Huh

I wanna see a real mod do a barrel roll and drive away LOL!
flyin fatboy

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 10:18:16 pm »

I wanna see a real mod do a barrel roll and drive away LOL!

it has happened!!!!!!!
txaggie08

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 11:00:29 pm »

seen videos of a sprint doing it, I bet whoever did it with a mod needed clean drawers and a REALL stiff drink LOL!
redroosterracing

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 11:43:48 pm »

wow, them lil boogers are flying... do they have just a normal suspension, or do they get as advanced as a real modified?.   I can remember trying differnt spring rates, different weight shock oils and even experimenting with the internal baffles in the shocks....lol... brings back memories....

The closer to the front you get, the faster the cars are....
txaggie08

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 02:44:46 am »

You have control on camber,toe, and anti squat in the back. Caster, camber, and toe in the front. Spring rates are fully adjustable, as is oil weight, and the piston resistance in the shock, plus ride height. You could lock the diff, and it's oil filled so it can be tightened/stiffened with heavier resistance oil as well. Suspension is full independent on all four corners with 1 shock per corner. I'm sure arms that account for lead or offset could be made as well.
vwracer48

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 02:45:51 am »

wow, them lil boogers are flying... do they have just a normal suspension, or do they get as advanced as a real modified?.   I can remember trying differnt spring rates, different weight shock oils and even experimenting with the internal baffles in the shocks....lol... brings back memories....

They are very tunable, such as; shock oil viscosity, shock piston valving, spring rates can be changed, spring preload, caster,camber,toe-in/out,,,we are still learning on how to tune them. The bad thing is you don't have the feel of the g-forces, forward bite and other feelings you get when you're inside of a car, so that is one of the things that make it so tuff. You can tell by lap times though! Hey, speaking of lap times- do yall run transponders for timing?

Hey Cory we were typing at the same time,,,LOL.
vwracer48

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 02:48:05 am »

seen videos of a sprint doing it, I bet whoever did it with a mod needed clean drawers and a REALL stiff drink LOL!

In a sprint car it's not if you'll flip it's when!

When a mod flips it's big deal and usually very ugly!

Keith
bodydropped

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 02:52:42 am »

tomorrow is the first playday for the karts at the track, i would say you should come out and look at the track
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 03:45:30 am by bodydropped » Logged
JUSTME00

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2011, 02:55:49 am »

OMG THAT IS TO COOL! I COULD SELL MY DUALLY AND TRAILER AND GO TO THE RACES IN MY 94 HONDA CIVIC GETTING 41MPG. NOW THAT IS A COST SAVING RACING WEEKEND! WHERE DO WE GET THEM?
vwracer48

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2011, 03:02:22 am »

OMG THAT IS TO COOL! I COULD SELL MY DUALLY AND TRAILER AND GO TO THE RACES IN MY 94 HONDA CIVIC GETTING 41MPG. NOW THAT IS A COST SAVING RACING WEEKEND! WHERE DO WE GET THEM?
  Talk with us and we will set you up with one....I'll give you some transmitter time AKA seat time,,LOL

Now you're thinking..LOL.. Roll Eyes

I talked to Glen today and he seemed ok with the idea, but not tomorrow since there will be a bunch of people there. I think he wanted to shoot for next Saturday if everything goes as planned.
What time are yall gonna finish up, we will be coming back from Houston in the afternoon.

Keith
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 03:07:05 am by vwracer48 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: