Golden Triangle Speedway
September 02, 2014, 11:39:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *** INTEREST IN A NEW LIMITED CLASS ***  (Read 12337 times)
DryHumor

« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2011, 01:34:54 pm »

lol.... we run the same 4 shocks all the time. No need for 7-9 shocks. Again, the preception of "what you needd to win" is blurred. You have not seen us change shocks on a limited at the race track.....EVER. It does not happen unless we bend 1.

2nd thought......Shocks are cheaper than tires. You are noding your head "NO" but they are.

Example: You buy 1 tire for $100 and run it 3-5 nights....then spend another $100 for a new one. If you only get 5 nights you spent $20 a night on one corner of the car (Keep in mind you have 4 corners so your looking at $80 total). Buy a shock for $130....run it all season. Average for us is aproximately 50 nights. That averages out to about $2.60 a night per corner or $10.40 per car. $80 a night versus $10.40.....I will take the $10.40 MYSELF.

As I stated. If your worried about what you need. We can help any one out that asks.

Earl
racinjason75
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2011, 03:13:33 pm »

lol.... we run the same 4 shocks all the time. No need for 7-9 shocks. Again, the preception of "what you needd to win" is blurred. You have not seen us change shocks on a limited at the race track.....EVER. It does not happen unless we bend 1.

2nd thought......Shocks are cheaper than tires. You are noding your head "NO" but they are.

Example: You buy 1 tire for $100 and run it 3-5 nights....then spend another $100 for a new one. If you only get 5 nights you spent $20 a night on one corner of the car (Keep in mind you have 4 corners so your looking at $80 total). Buy a shock for $130....run it all season. Average for us is aproximately 50 nights. That averages out to about $2.60 a night per corner or $10.40 per car. $80 a night versus $10.40.....I will take the $10.40 MYSELF.

As I stated. If your worried about what you need. We can help any one out that asks.

Earl

lol.   you made me feel like i was doing story problems in the 6th grade....  hahaa!

i always thought shocks were super important... and can really fine tune the car....  special valving  and dynos etc.  that average guys cant afford,    i  am just throwing out here things discussed... that guys are afraid to say online.. to get feed back... 

i do appreciate your responses...  yall coming to beaumont tonight ?
DryHumor

« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2011, 03:37:51 pm »

I will be there to help a couple of guys on our stuff. Howard doesn't want to run for cut purses so he will not be in attendance.

Earl
DryHumor

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2011, 04:00:32 pm »

i always thought shocks were super important... and can really fine tune the car....  special valving  and dynos etc.  that average guys cant afford,    i  am just throwing out here things discussed... that guys are afraid to say online.. to get feed back...  racinjason75

Shocks are the single most important thing on the race car. All of the DYNO work and R&D is already being done by the shock builders. ALL of the builders I know actually drive race cars, ie Swenson, Davidson (41 Shocks)and will be glad to put the average racer on the right stuff to start with. No need for testing, Dynoing, or guess work. If you have the extra money and want to play....thats up to you but its not esential anymore.

Example.... You call Watson, Day, Smiley's or whoever you use for parts (all great people). You order your spec shock and they ship it to you. Weather it be a Pro, Qa1, Afco, or Bilstien....does not matter. They are mass produced and they only spot check 1 in 100 or so. By going to a custom builder you get the particular shock you ask for but you are 100% sure it is what you ordered. Custom guys charge $10 or so more than catalog price from Vendors. Money well spent. Beats having to order 2 spec shocks because it may not be what it is supposed to be when you get it. Makes the $10 more expensive shock, less expensive when you get down to it.

Racing is a battle of economics. You try and get the best result for $$ spent. The more rules you put in place to make it less expensive, the more costly it gets to the racer that wants to win. You will never eliminate this.

Earl

racinjason75
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2011, 01:57:59 am »

earl. 

i was wanting to hear from the people that  say the limited class is out of hand... say its out of hand.  lotta guys are chosing to talk behind the scenes, which is fine...and  kick the thoughts around on  either correcting it,  or  making another class that is both fairly economical and a place where new guys or not so good guys could build a car and race.. and have fun.

it  could be as simple as the class being bombers with bodies... lol. 

anyway.   we will keep talkin for a lil while.  i posted on  gtrps post how i thought the limited class should be now...   not just me of course,  Smiley
gettinready13

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2011, 02:01:08 am »

Im waiting to see how this turns out  if it happens i will be looking for a new/old  limited roller
racinjason75
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2011, 02:29:28 am »

Im waiting to see how this turns out  if it happens i will be looking for a new/old  limited roller

what would like to see happen?  please give your input... and either way.. GET YOUR ROLLER NOW Smiley
gettinready13

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2011, 03:30:58 am »

Want a beginer class     Have motor out of my hobby i never ran  would like to be able to drop it in somethin and run  not gunna waste my time getting in 1 when the same guys win every week   Would like to be out there racing with other guys tht are beginers in the class that havent been doing it for 20 30 years.   Would love to see this happen.  But if it never does.  At least i will have some other toys to waste my money on
DryHumor

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2011, 01:05:10 pm »

ok...good luck.
strocker ace

« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2011, 02:59:03 am »

dryHumor  i agree with you on the shocks  i have a buddy thats got a car  and he is getting some shocks that is  made for his car  shocks do make a differents   the shockes he is getting the people said that if  he is not in the winners circle in 3 races let them no an they will put him there.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               one fast car but a bad driver
Philthy Phil
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2011, 03:41:29 am »

Racing is a battle of economics. You try and get the best result for $$ spent. The more rules you put in place to make it less expensive, the more costly it gets to the racer that wants to win. You will never eliminate this.

Earl

That's Brilliance In a hand basket right there. I could not Agree more! Thanks for the wisdom.
mlp911

« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2011, 08:47:57 pm »

been reading this so im gonna throw out my 2 cents worth. if your gonna try to start a new class, why pull the cars out of other classes and hurting them? why not get some of these old cars rusting in the weeds to come out. my idea is to have a class with a hobby stock style motor. everyone on a stock holley 500 on gas or alcohol. maybe allow alm intake cause everyones got one laying around. any type direct drive tranny, cause you can buy these used fairly cheap. block mounted fuel pumps. no pumps behind the motor......now for the cars. any limited, superstock, modified, old street stock with the seat too far back or any old car that dont fit in any of the rules now. everyone on g60s/kk704. can be leaf or coils, coils must sit on top of rearend. 3 link style rear suspension with solid pullbar, no spring type pullbar,  or stock metric style suspension but allow trailing arms to be replaced by rods and heim joints for some adjustability. any steel rearend. no quickchanges. any, and i mean any type body. if you want your car to be a latemodel, modified, or something that looks like it came out of a mad max movie then so be it. put a 2500 minimum and 3000 maximum weight limit cause you dont want a 2300 pound car being hit by a 3500 pound car. limit the shocks to a welded bearing steel or stock mount shock...... my thinking is to make the cars easy to tech. everything on here can be checked with a flashlight except the motor.
mudracer80

« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2011, 09:10:40 pm »

You might be on to something!!!!

I like your logic, there are already two modified classes, why make another one.  You can buy old limited latemodel, super stock, stock car, old modified, clip cars, sportsman and pro stock chassis for a few hundred bucks (sometimes cheaper) because no one has a use for them…. They are literally just scrap metal because there is no longer a place for them.   

To add to that, why not allow double humps and other type heads….. how many different classes around here need to chase around sets of 487’s and 993’s.  You can buy a set of double hump heads from IMCA guys for cheaper than you can buy a used set of 487x’s
mlp911

« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2011, 09:18:30 pm »

thats pretty much what im talking about. there are thousands of dollars worth of old parts out there that are sitting on shelves collecting dust.
Brian88

« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2011, 09:23:05 pm »

That sounds very Logical MLP911!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: