Golden Triangle Speedway
December 21, 2014, 05:54:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *** INTEREST IN A NEW LIMITED CLASS ***  (Read 14060 times)
DryHumor

« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2011, 06:56:24 pm »

ding ding ding MLP911....we have a winner.    Grin
31 RACER

« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2011, 06:59:52 pm »

NOS now that would be funny right there , a 2 second shot would give that little motor of mine more than it could handle ...but i like your thought process Brian
DryHumor

« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2011, 07:14:50 pm »

31T and anyone else who has a problem with experienced drivers racing with you....Limited Modifieds were NEVER meant to be a Hobby Class....Just an Affordable Modified class. Howard helped Jody Peel develop this class along with Patrick Vilareal in its existance. Howard has been driving a Limited since the class started and you CHOOSE to race against him since you bought a car recently (in the last 5-6 years). Now you want to remove him from the class for what....If you remove Howard, Johno, and Hebert out of the Limiteds because "they dropped down" are you going to win every week. Probably not. If you ran 3rd or 4th every week you'd have a ligitiment arguement, but you do not. Then you would have to POLOTIC to get Wyble, Holden, and so on removed so it would be FAIR for you. That my friend is chicken poo.They have a sheltered class you CAN race in already if you choose (so you don't have to race the better racers). Its called Pure Stock, Stinger, and Ecos.

Personally, I like you Tyler and Gary whom ever this is, but sometimes you guys ought to think about things before you type. I doesn't sound like you guys want to race.....Hell....I can give you guys a few trophys if you need some.

Earl
Andy406

« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2011, 07:26:07 pm »

Remember the "econo latemodels" that ran at 105 speedway the last couple yrs it was open? Basically a limited mod chassis with a late model body, they were using 305 motors, g60's. Very affordable and something diff for the fans to look at. Just something to think about. Also for those that may not want "mod drivers" to run limited then your just hurting the car count minus how ever many may have shown up that night. And we all know that if there are no cars, eventually there will be no class or track to worry about...
agnasty92

« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2011, 07:34:48 pm »

we need a class where the car parts aint higher than a giraffes a$$ cost wise but still fast and getcha a lil sideways in the corners.

jacob 409-673-9603
DryHumor

« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2011, 08:52:58 pm »

As for starting at the rear each night  lol.....lets say you "middle of the pack, less experienced guys" got together and put up say...$20 a piece, guys like Howard would probably volunteer to start scratch.

Anyhow....you guys keep making up excuses, and you will NEVER get to be like the Johno's, Howard's, or any of the others that kill the fun for you.

Micheal Tanner told me this weekend and I quote "The big dogs kicked the little dogs off the porch". I guess in a way its true. But if your not a "Big dog" you might want to go play with some dogs your size next time. It definately takes all sized "dogs" to make it interesting....None are less important than the others. But you "little dogs" might just grow up to be "Big Dogs" if you will try and learn from the "Big Dogs" presently instead of running to your mommy with your tails between your legs. We were all "Little dogs" at some point. Some grew up....

Imagine the idea of you actually getting your way----- Howard Willis, Johno Whitington, Craig Reyon, Robert Metz, Corey Babbitt, Joe Mayhew, Phil Dixon, Ronny Smith, Brad Ball, Robbie Starnes, Chad Fitzgerald, Shane Hebert, and so on could not compete in a limited....because you can't win when they are at the track. Would you really feel like you accomplished anything. Maybe we should sell the modified.....Would that make it any better for you if Howard just ran a limited? Always an option.

Good Luck,

Earl
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 08:56:44 pm by DryHumor » Logged
aubrey cain

« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2011, 09:22:33 pm »

In my opinion, for what ever it's worth. The idea of starting another class is going to hurt the other classes. Because there are only so many racers as it is. Why divide the classes even more. When you race with the best drivers it makes you a better driver too. Your only as good as the people you race against. No matter how good your car is you still have to have a good driver to win. I have seen people buy the winning car from someone and they still can't win. Some people race for 20 years and still can't drive. Those are the ones that think everybody else must be cheating. I just wish I was healthy enough to still race, it's been a long time since I banged fenders with Howard. LOL Also, if you want a cheap class to race, I saw on Leesville's web site that they are racing Hot Wheels every other weekend. If you don't have a car, I will give you one!  hahahahaha
31 RACER

« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2011, 10:19:42 pm »

Sorry there Earl wasn't trying ruffle any feathers
We have been reading stuff that isnt ever gonna come to pass so i just put something else out there
Really wasnt try to stir anything
We are gonna show up and play with who evers there because it doesnt matter to us we have always tried to hang with the big dogs

But I get what your saying just tell Howard not to suck the paint off the car when he passes Tyler
I'll come see you next week if you come out if not give me a call 4097283102
See ya
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 02:41:24 am by 31 RACER » Logged
gettinready13

« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2011, 04:00:35 am »

After watching most classes tonight  looks like we need a demo derby class
Crashtest

« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2011, 06:50:14 am »

I second that on the demolition derby. 

And I would really like to watch Aurbrey race again. 

Every car has a lot of speed in it. The trick is getting the speed out of it.  "A.J. Foyt"
DryHumor

« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2011, 09:03:17 am »

no feathers ruffled here. We are good. I just dont understand how it is everyone elses fault some guys dont do well. It takes ALOT of dedication to compete at the level we do, and to have someone say its not fair because he is more experienced is hog wash. Thats all. No doubt something needs to be done to cut costs. The main problem is that the rules in place are not enforced, so they create new rules to circumvent the existing ones. It's just easier that way.

I AGREE 100% with the new carb rule for 2012. I agree the 500 tire encourages HP. Switch to the G-60 and that will cut costs on everything else. DOT tires are not the answer. When was the last time you threw a bald DOT tire away?....Does not happen, usually get sidewall cut off. Open body rule would be kinda neat...something different. Using older cars...great idea, but hard to mandate and enforce. Spec shocks...alot of out of control cars.....expensive to repair torn up racecars. Well thats all I have for today.

Earl
redroosterracing

« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2011, 10:25:43 pm »

CONGRATS TO THE JACK WOODS  for finishing 3rd in Limited feature!!!!! You keep doin that a one day you might be a BIG DOG and grow out of that puppy status. Just glad u weren't shoved on the infield this time, :-)

The closer to the front you get, the faster the cars are....
strocker ace

« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2011, 10:39:19 pm »

rooster saved on tare offs last night wife said no more puppy food i am going to get purina dog food now  and a doggie bone what happened to you and bro
redroosterracing

« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2011, 10:45:47 pm »

Not sure, waiting for someone to tell me what the saw. All I see is a tore up racecar. But wait...... That's racing.  Lol.  Beat y'all to it!!!!!!

The closer to the front you get, the faster the cars are....
strocker ace

« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2011, 10:49:08 pm »

well  put in the redneck wind tunnel  and work your magic
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: