Golden Triangle Speedway
July 24, 2014, 07:18:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *** INTEREST IN A NEW LIMITED CLASS ***  (Read 11712 times)
racinjason75
« on: June 17, 2011, 04:47:25 pm »

been talking and hearing thoughts on constructing a new "LMITED"  class.  it was predicited and now came true, the old limiteds have became the local modified class...  and the local modifieds are in jeopardy.

if the limited class could get back to the visions of its originalty, how many guys would be interested?  I am thinking it would only take 20 committed driver/owners to discuss with local tracks.

please post comments ~ views ~ pros ~ cons~

i will post again with the thoughts being discussed now...

email or facebook me if need be.

racinjasonfoux@yahoo.com

good luck
mudracer80

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 06:29:53 pm »

They are trying it in Lufkin, they have 7-9 that show up pretty regular. I think that it could be done with more success somewere other then Lufkin though.
racinjason75
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 08:58:51 pm »

interesting... we  have some pretty good ideas.  for keeping cost down, cars competitive,  and the "big boys"  out of the class...  and of course, the limited cars now can race in the reconstructed class...  with  minor adjustments Smiley
TRASH

Dennis Guillory

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 10:19:10 pm »

Thay should bring back the superstock there are plenty chassis around
racinjason75
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 10:24:38 pm »

we want to run the limiteds.  easier to work on.  and a ton of these cars around.  plenty that are fast.  just not fast enough or rich enough to run with the hot shoes in the class now.

simple. fun. competitive. affordable. 

the big motor non teched high dollar shock guys can have this class...  and the same 3 or 4 guys can still win.

Grin
pigracer

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 10:36:33 pm »

There are 3 cars from Liberty that run at Lufkin. If you want to check out the rules they use give Paul Vanderpool a call 936-334-4052
TRASH

Dennis Guillory

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 03:31:36 am »

It does not made how many classes there are.there will be front runners and back markers in any class. Most people I know do not see any differnts in one mod from another.Any car class with a chassis builder will become to expensive for the avarage joe and than you will have big money running up front again.I belive a class that lets poeple be crative (not cookie cuter cars)would draw more people on both sides of stands.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
Brian88

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 05:35:54 pm »

NO INTEREST! Thanks for asking though Jason! Grin
RR 188

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 02:20:18 am »

No thanks we like the limiteds just the way they are. We dont have the backing that most guys do but we have fun doing what we do. The limiteds and mods are on diffrent than the hobbies and street stocks. In my opinion those two class should be combined to help out the car count there. The mod guys with the big money will continue to run the big shows and the ones that dont can move down to limiteds. And as far as driving against the hot shoes we would rather run against guys that make you earn . In my opinion it makes you better.
racinjason75
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 07:57:45 am »

realize.  this limited class is no longer limited.  when it was first created, there were cars.. everywhere.  just like IMCA when it was here.

initial objectives:  motor cost, shock cost.  both are very "unlimited" with the lack of tech, bryzenski and forman heads and intakes... and the 900  to 1500 shock packages.  never was the intentions for this beginner class.

we are wanting:  1. to put cars back on street tires.
                        2. to incorporate the crate motors.
                        3. offer spec shock choice < afco/pro/bilstein >
                        4. back to affordable pump gas
                        5. spec 4412 unaltered carb

this is  just a start of the discussion.  it sure was nice when you build a brand new limited for $7500.oo to $10,000.oo  and now this will purchase  your motor. 

the limited class as it is now will continue.  that way big motors and big dogs can play.

No thanks we like the limiteds just the way they are. We dont have the backing that most guys do but we have fun doing what we do. The limiteds and mods are on diffrent than the hobbies and street stocks. In my opinion those two class should be combined to help out the car count there. The mod guys with the big money will continue to run the big shows and the ones that dont can move down to limiteds. And as far as driving against the hot shoes we would rather run against guys that make you earn . In my opinion it makes you better.

make you earn it?  i see no competition for  johno/howard/hebert/babbitt   most of the times... these cats are going to just out drive everyone to the front..

and when big dogs get busted  cheating for big motors and other things....  i dont see that making anyone better.

thanks for comments
31 RACER

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2011, 02:56:31 pm »

Why the crate motor, now i would have to buy a new motor, that isnt cheaper.
pump gas, DOT tires with road hazzard warranty wouldnt be to bad.
No hot shoe, so does that mean if you move up to the NOW limiteds and NOW modifieds you cant move into this class?
Why just the 2 barrel some of us have 4 barrels now, save money on  buying a another part we dont like
Let them run the 2 or 4 which ever they want
IMPO
Gary King
redroosterracing

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2011, 07:32:31 pm »

racin, I dont have a horse in this race, but i see where yall are goin. Its hard to police without good quality teching and punishment. But in the same, $$$$$$$ money ALways comes out in front. I know guys in Leesville running WALL TO WALL motors in SS. REALLY??? for $400 1st place..... but thats EVERYWHERE   I WISH!!!!!!!!!! they put claims on the motors, not protests, where you could go buy the 1ST place cars engine... p.s.  i know what i have, in money wise, and i know where i expect to finsh.

The closer to the front you get, the faster the cars are....
Huff83

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2011, 11:20:14 pm »

Sounds good to me,I'm interested.And I think you are just the man to head it up. Grin
Brian88

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2011, 01:22:16 pm »

One last comment for you Jason. Have you priced a 15in street tire lately? $20-$50 more than the tires we currently run. Just face it Racing is a costly sport. People are competetive and will spend whatever it takes to win or at least attempt to win. Starting another class will only kill the class. Its not gonna bring people out of the woodwork to race this new class. I suggest just working to improve the current classes we have. The car counts seem to be mediocre and at times are real good!  I also do not think you need to break the bank to be competetive in the Limited class. Hopefully soon I will prove my theory. I honestly think insuring that your equipment is tuned and set up correctly will make you more competetive JMO!!!!
TRASH

Dennis Guillory

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2011, 01:39:25 pm »

IF u  want to stop the hot shoe from beating everone add weight like some classes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: