Golden Triangle Speedway
October 31, 2014, 08:12:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *** INTEREST IN A NEW LIMITED CLASS ***  (Read 13471 times)
mudracer80

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2011, 02:59:13 pm »

thats doesnt make any since at all. add wieght for what being a better driver?

no doubt Limiteds arent cheap, but there not as expensive as some folks seem to think. I dont know how people come up with the #'s when they start talking about how much a limited cost. 

DryHumor

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 03:59:38 pm »

LOl. Good luck with that one Jason. Seriously. I think what we need is ANOTHER class to split up cars. If you want CHEAP...there is a stinger class just formed, or an eco stock. Sounds right up your ally since you do not want a RACE CAR.

If you really believe that you can not be competitive without spending a ton of money, I would strongly suggest re-evaluating YOUR racing program. Maybe put a "Big DOG" behind the wheel of your alleged "Low budget" car and I bet you would be suprised at the results. Just saying.

When was the last time Howard or Johno was DQ'd for thier so called "Big Motor".....It has NEVER happened. Johno and Howard both haved raced other racers cars and won in them too. I think your BIG MOTOR theory is propaganda.

Earl
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 05:49:54 pm by DryHumor » Logged
aubrey cain

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011, 05:17:19 pm »

Earl, I agree 100% with you! If you want to race, there are plenty of classes to race in now.  If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch!
TRASH

Dennis Guillory

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2011, 05:37:43 pm »

mudracer it does not make sence but I have too add 25#
mudracer80

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2011, 06:13:48 pm »

Trash, is something on your car outside of the rules?  if not then thats dumb.

Some of those big motors people think they see from the stands, have nothing to do with the motor. If you work on your car and make it faster through the center of the turn, it amazing how much speed you can carry down the straight away. Wink 

Brian88

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2011, 07:16:07 pm »

I think your right Mud!  Grin
31 RACER

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2011, 03:04:06 am »

Earl
Some of the big shoes have been busted for illegal stuff a CARB for 5k and another up north Texas for rods so there is a few things out there but i dont think we need another class.
The track just needs to do checking because it isnt done around here.
racinjason75
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2011, 03:40:33 pm »

Why the crate motor, now i would have to buy a new motor, that isnt cheaper.
pump gas, DOT tires with road hazzard warranty wouldnt be to bad.
No hot shoe, so does that mean if you move up to the NOW limiteds and NOW modifieds you cant move into this class?
Why just the 2 barrel some of us have 4 barrels now, save money on  buying a another part we dont like
Let them run the 2 or 4 which ever they want
IMPO
Gary King

thanks for post.   again these are just thoughts.

1. crate motors cost less than the 2 stroke kart motor i am wanting.  they are less than 3 grand.   keep motor you have, and run it on big race
    nights with the limiteds. i know people that have more money in heads than a complete crate engine.  others rotating assembly, again, cost
    more than entire motor.

2. Tires will put the class back on an even playing field... cost will be looked at more.. as far as maybe running spec.  racing tire...

3. I think limiteds  are going to 2 barrels next year.  anyway.

4.  no hot shoe..   thoughts are maybe if you run USMTS  you cant run this class... if you have 10 open modified features you cant run.  but a regular ol  shoe should be able to run both classes if they want to.

5. also having a class  for juniors to move up to instead of pure stock if the would like to should also make this class... enticing.

thanks for your input mr. king Smiley
racinjason75
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2011, 03:47:55 pm »

One last comment for you Jason. Have you priced a 15in street tire lately? $20-$50 more than the tires we currently run. Just face it Racing is a costly sport. People are competetive and will spend whatever it takes to win or at least attempt to win. Starting another class will only kill the class. Its not gonna bring people out of the woodwork to race this new class. I suggest just working to improve the current classes we have. The car counts seem to be mediocre and at times are real good!  I also do not think you need to break the bank to be competetive in the Limited class. Hopefully soon I will prove my theory. I honestly think insuring that your equipment is tuned and set up correctly will make you more competetive JMO!!!!

brian.

the tires thoughts would consider prices. i know we got "deals" on tires when it was  street tires.  but a good racing tire would not be out of the question.  was looking at street tires for two reasons.

1. maybe have a transitional period to run this class. if you run your open limited motor, the street tires would tune out the horsepower
   advantage over the crate motor. 

2. dont remember the 2nd one  lol

there is no fixing the  limited class as it is now... it  has gotten wat to out  of hand...  it id the  new mod class... just like the ump stuff destroyed the imca classes round here.

i agree working on your car is the 2nd best thing to buying the best parts.
racinjason75
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2011, 03:50:21 pm »

thats doesnt make any since at all. add wieght for what being a better driver?

no doubt Limiteds arent cheap, but there not as expensive as some folks seem to think. I dont know how people come up with the #'s when they start talking about how much a limited cost. 

20,000  plus to  get in a complete brand new limited...  kinda of costly for  most folks.  was not the intention of the class.. they were suppose to be "bomber modifieds" or bombers with bodies   or somthing to that effect...
racinjason75
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2011, 04:01:51 pm »

LOl. Good luck with that one Jason. Seriously. I think what we need is ANOTHER class to split up cars. If you want CHEAP...there is a stinger class just formed, or an eco stock. Sounds right up your ally since you do not want a RACE CAR.

If you really believe that you can not be competitive without spending a ton of money, I would strongly suggest re-evaluating YOUR racing program. Maybe put a "Big DOG" behind the wheel of your alleged "Low budget" car and I bet you would be suprised at the results. Just saying.

When was the last time Howard or Johno was DQ'd for thier so called "Big Motor".....It has NEVER happened. Johno and Howard both haved raced other racers cars and won in them too. I think your BIG MOTOR theory is propaganda.

Earl

dayum earl.  this was not all about me Smiley    you know this class was suppose to be a starter, low budget class.  and i did enjoy gettin beat by ol howard or finishing in front of him  when we  first started...

im not saying howard is cheating... i give him all the credit in the world... i have no doubt if i squeezed him in my car... he could/would win.... if i put him in a wheel barrow... he will prolly win.

i do know of a lot of races in the past where we ran 2nd in beaumont  to guys...   only to have them dqed the following night at other tracks. was hebert not busted a couple of times with the 383 trying to make those express cars look fast Wink  was not johno dqed for a illegal carb?

im certain there are  a few cars that need some looking at...  but never get checked. 

<i did not say  howard or johno was dqed for big motors>  they will be fast in anything....   i would really be disappointed to find out howard cheats....i alwys think he is just too damn good...lol.  he dont need too

but there are cars running to hard lol

racinjason75
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2011, 04:05:59 pm »

Earl, I agree 100% with you! If you want to race, there are plenty of classes to race in now.  If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch!

mr cain.  i agree too.  but we had our own porch built...  and those damn big dogs came and ran us all off.  they should have stayed on THEIR OWN  porch....

but it started out as greed...  coming to the "big money races" and then after seeing howeasy  it is to drive  this car after their own mod...  it became a weekly thing... and then without tech?  they started spending more money... and well, the rest is history Smiley
racinjason75
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2011, 04:08:08 pm »

Trash, is something on your car outside of the rules?  if not then thats dumb.

Some of those big motors people think they see from the stands, have nothing to do with the motor. If you work on your car and make it faster through the center of the turn, it amazing how much speed you can carry down the straight away. Wink 

but from the pits.... you can "hear"  it... and on the track... it can be seen Smiley   i agree that corner speed equals straight away speed...  but you can tell whn it i motor Smiley
mudracer80

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2011, 06:03:15 pm »

Dont get me wrong, I dont disagree with the idea you have going with a original limited modified.... but there are already 2 other modified classes, how many diffrent kinds of modifieds do you think the fans want to see?

These kinds of classes have been tried before,  105 speedway tried a top less modified that never panned out, Lufkin is getting about 7 a night but there not to good at making rule books.

My opinion is if you’re going to try and start a class, go back and try to revive the Econo Late models from 105.  They were the closest to actually working out then any of the other attempts.   They give the fans something to look at that’s different, you can use a limited mod chassis and I know for a fact that there were a couple of them winning races that were built from the ground up for 4500.00

If your dead set on a modified class, another option would be a 3 link full modified chassis, you can find old 3 link mods for sale all over the internet for less than 1000.00 a lot of times.  Make them run a pure stock/hobby stock motor and G60’s or asphalt pull-offs…. The heck with dot’s (expensive and hard on axles)
Then you have a real tunable racecar that’s affordable.

All that said I have to agree with the others, with car count and economy down trying start another class won’t be easy or any good for local racing at this time.  Like the thought thou.
racinjason75
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2011, 09:09:03 pm »

Dont get me wrong, I dont disagree with the idea you have going with a original limited modified.... but there are already 2 other modified classes, how many diffrent kinds of modifieds do you think the fans want to see?

These kinds of classes have been tried before,  105 speedway tried a top less modified that never panned out, Lufkin is getting about 7 a night but there not to good at making rule books.

My opinion is if you’re going to try and start a class, go back and try to revive the Econo Late models from 105.  They were the closest to actually working out then any of the other attempts.   They give the fans something to look at that’s different, you can use a limited mod chassis and I know for a fact that there were a couple of them winning races that were built from the ground up for 4500.00

If your dead set on a modified class, another option would be a 3 link full modified chassis, you can find old 3 link mods for sale all over the internet for less than 1000.00 a lot of times.  Make them run a pure stock/hobby stock motor and G60’s or asphalt pull-offs…. The heck with dot’s (expensive and hard on axles)
Then you have a real tunable racecar that’s affordable.

All that said I have to agree with the others, with car count and economy down trying start another class won’t be easy or any good for local racing at this time.  Like the thought thou.

thank you for input.  good thoughts.  what are your dislikes of crate motors?   not a fan of the pulloffs...  i do like g 60s.  have not heard  many good things about the  lufkin class..   
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: