Golden Triangle Speedway
August 20, 2014, 08:23:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *** INTEREST IN A NEW LIMITED CLASS ***  (Read 12114 times)
mudracer80

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2011, 09:42:04 pm »

I’m on the fence about crate motors, for a while I thought they were a great Idea. My thinking is they put everyone on an even playing field.  All that leaves is setup and driving to determine who’s the fastest every weekend.  Sounds great, but trying to start a new class and asking people to invest a bunch of money on something they aren’t sure is going to take off wont work.  If you leave it a pure or hobby type motor then people are more comfortable knowing that if it didn’t work out they have a legal motor for another type car.   

Other down falls to Crate motors is there are a lot of low budget racers that save quite a bit of money building their own motors, it is also a hassle getting them resealed after something like a head gasket blowing or oil pump pick up breaking off…. all the little stuff that can go wrong in race engines.

The Lufkin Econo-Stock or topless modified class isn’t bad, they are pretty much what you’re looking to do with some minor changes. The problem with it in Lufkin is there rules on their website aren’t the ones that they are running on the track, everything is word of mouth and that is a recipe for disaster.

A couple good things to pull over from Lufkin is the G60 tires, there 90 bucks a piece and don’t burn up near as fast as the 500h, easier on axles and more controllable the DOTs meaning less chaos.  Auto parts (autozone, o’riellys, napa, car quest) bought shocks.  Put even more clarification such as No bilistien shocks period because they can be bought at local parts houses.

Do your research and get any and all interested drivers opinions.  Get phone #’s of those interested have meetings really hammer out the details with all who are interested and who knows….. It could happen.
racinjason75
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2011, 12:16:09 am »

thats what we are working on here mudracer.  determining the interest by this open discussion. your input is appreciated.  Smiley

ideas are being written down so if said meeting happens, we already have something to  work with. 
SUPERMAN

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2011, 03:03:14 am »

NOW NOW EVERYONE LETS ALL CALM DOWN, YALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENED LAST TIME A TOPIC ON HERE GOT THIS MUCH ATTENTION...LOL I KNOW YALL KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT Grin Grin Grin

"We're not out to let back or do anything slouchy. If we've got to turn em' sideways to make a move, we'll do it."   'Kyle Busch'
racinjason75
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2011, 04:57:31 am »

i thought we was calm... lol  Roll Eyes
RatFink

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2011, 01:14:55 pm »

Jason,

I saw someone post further back in this topic about looking at older mod chassis with a spec motor. Have you put any thought into something similar to the old Silsbee B-mod class? We thought it was a great idea at the time for the guys that couldn't run the front in the mod class, but the mind set has always been to never take a step back into a slower class for most drivers. I think something like that could be a good thing being that someone could scoop up a decent roller that is a few seasons old for pretty cheap.
DryHumor

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2011, 01:45:53 pm »

Jason, I appologize for sounding so abrassive. I just get tired of seeing all the trash talking and bashing about how nobody else can win because Howard and Johno out spending everyone. They both work thier asses off and are damned good at what they do and the cost of thier equipment has nothing to do with it.They have done more with less for a very long time, and some guys finally recognized this and made it possible for them to get in good equipment. I take this to heart because we work so hard at being faster every week. As far as the DQ's for Johno and Hebert...I can't speak on thier behalf as to why they had what they had. However, I can tell you that Howard has never been DQ'd for a "BIG" motor or any part on a motor before, and he will not start now. The only DQ's he has gotten was for a heim in a LR shock (we bent ours on Friday night -one with bushings no heim- and had to borrow one Sat. and didn't catch the heim before installing it (my fault)at BG last year. Beadlock on LR at GTRP (Crew member changed flat during race and put wrong wheel on) I wasn't there lol.

As for street tires on limiteds. The only reason they got off of them to start with was because of the axles breaking. Fortunately they changed the rule before a very heavy tire, wheel, brake, and axle assembly got up in the crowd. It was a good change and needed to happen. I don't think the street tire is the answer in this case either. Seriously consider going to the G-60. They are fairly cheap and hard enough that you will not wear them out. Plus they can be bought used around here pretty cheap.

Earl
TRASH

Dennis Guillory

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2011, 01:51:37 pm »

OK here more info  for the right price you can get most any shock revalved and also get you can get crate motor built and sealed with your spec or just get the seals and put on your own motor. there are other ways to limit engines and car if someone is willing too stand behind what is mandated. As for modified chassis may be cheap to buy used thay geat expense to fix after damaged something to consider.
mudracer80

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2011, 04:01:02 pm »

shock claim and engine claim

Brian88

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2011, 04:55:55 pm »

Just quit racing! Your NEVER gonna alleviate someone spending mega bucks! If there was a new limited class to.come along like the old one things will still evolve into what we have today!! If you wanna race cheap run a Stinger, Econo, or Pure Stock! The Limited class is not the class for Limited funds. Its called Evolution!!! Grin
mudracer80

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2011, 05:33:48 pm »

He speaks the truth.

Fun to talk about but very doubtfull that it will be anything more then that.

Remember just becasue someone spends 20,000 on a limited doesnt mean that everyone has to.  You can be competitive with under half that, like brian88 I plan on proving it......  once I get the bugs worked out.
racinjason75
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2011, 12:11:39 am »

claims apparently do not work.  what would be good is for the track to either  tech more, and keep notes on cars, or  tracks do their own claims on suspected cars. say drivers will not fight each other.   

if the track would claim shocks/motors  <like imca used to do... not sure if they still do> that would be a plus.

many other places have   these kind of rules with 40+ cars a night.  and it sucks to see our area struggle.

the "haters" like this 88 dude, do not seem to understand and is missing the whole concept. i think he hit his head a lil harder than he thinks on his concrete... i may  need to go inspect his foundation... 

there needs to be a starter class that is affordable.  not the bomber things that suck tro work on.  not sure what is so hard to understand brian..
racinjason75
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2011, 12:17:34 am »

Jason, I appologize for sounding so abrassive. I just get tired of seeing all the trash talking and bashing about how nobody else can win because Howard and Johno out spending everyone. They both work thier asses off and are damned good at what they do and the cost of thier equipment has nothing to do with it.They have done more with less for a very long time, and some guys finally recognized this and made it possible for them to get in good equipment. I take this to heart because we work so hard at being faster every week. As far as the DQ's for Johno and Hebert...I can't speak on thier behalf as to why they had what they had. However, I can tell you that Howard has never been DQ'd for a "BIG" motor or any part on a motor before, and he will not start now. The only DQ's he has gotten was for a heim in a LR shock (we bent ours on Friday night -one with bushings no heim- and had to borrow one Sat. and didn't catch the heim before installing it (my fault)at BG last year. Beadlock on LR at GTRP (Crew member changed flat during race and put wrong wheel on) I wasn't there lol.

As for street tires on limiteds. The only reason they got off of them to start with was because of the axles breaking. Fortunately they changed the rule before a very heavy tire, wheel, brake, and axle assembly got up in the crowd. It was a good change and needed to happen. I don't think the street tire is the answer in this case either. Seriously consider going to the G-60. They are fairly cheap and hard enough that you will not wear them out. Plus they can be bought used around here pretty cheap.

Earl

earl. 

im the first to give all the props to jonho and howard... the talent they have is amazing... the effort and knowledge put into their programs is also. i know jonhos dq was a messup from the engine builder...i have never known johno to cheat... he does not have too.... nor does howard~

i was glad when we changed off the  street tires, although, if guys would run  decent air pressure, and disc brakes, the axle breaking  problem was almost non existing...  plus we were getting our hoosier radials at $50.oo   bucks a pop.. if you bought atleast 10  i think the g60 probably is the best choice   for a tire.
Brian88

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2011, 01:02:00 pm »

LMAO!  Grin Grin Grin
DryHumor

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2011, 01:59:41 pm »

We are in business to sell shocks, cars, brakes, and parts. The shocks on our cars are for sale anytime. We will sell them for catalog price...example Day, Smileys or whoever. No claim needed.

Earl
racinjason75
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2011, 03:03:05 am »

ok ok ok....  regroup Smiley

i hear ya earl.   i dont know if  those chris swinson  high dollar shocks are all that... i would like to see a spec shock of choice afco/bilstein/pro
again this is just up for discussion....  this put your shocks at around $65 bucks each....  not 7 or 9 shocks for $1500 to $1800 !

i will post a new thought tomorrow,  and would appeciate your input... ran it pass howard....  see what his thoghts are Smiley

c ya!

<  brian.  stop. laughing. >
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: