Golden Triangle Speedway
November 23, 2014, 03:12:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *** INTEREST IN A NEW LIMITED CLASS ***  (Read 13758 times)
CAGE RATTLER

« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2011, 11:11:36 pm »

GOOD RUN THERE JACKSON WOOD LOL!
strocker ace

« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2011, 11:55:37 pm »

thats cage finally found the gas  i think they are finally starting to drop or getting bigger dont no witch
racinjason75
« Reply #92 on: July 03, 2011, 04:36:33 am »

man.  have i been missing it.  Roll Eyes 

looks like the limited class just needs to return to limited with a better tech procedure and maybe the claims back in.  bottom line.  this class has gotten out of hand.  no where near where it was meant to be.   

not sure if people notice, but there are not very many modifieds at the racetrack. 

i still think that if the rules were  amended, and this class became affordable again, the car count would come back up....  like it was in the  early 2000's  and everyone  really would have a chance at running well....

**  that list of drivers from dryhumor....  looks like a collection of dqeds in previous races  Wink Grin Shocked  lol.**

guess  what i am saying is,  who cares if this class of limiteds went away only to be replaced by more cars in a better structured class...

DID YALL HEAR?  NASCAR SUCKS
DryHumor

« Reply #93 on: July 05, 2011, 02:20:34 pm »

yep...they are all cheaters.
bomber#62

« Reply #94 on: July 05, 2011, 03:41:38 pm »

ok first of all we are NOT trying to take away from ANY OTHER CLASS!! When my dad tried to get the "texas thundermods" going in cleveland a couple years back it was because he wanted to race a limited but didn't have the $$$$$ to compete with the front runners.  He wanted to go back to the old limiteds from back in the day... Every year the rules keep changing in the class he is running in and it just gets to dang expensive when you support yourself and you work on your car yourself!! I think getting this class going is a good idea. it's not going to take away from any other class, that's not what we are trying to do. We drive two and a half hrs every other weekend to race in this class!!!! We now actually have four limited stock cars and we would love to have some of you to come race with us! it's not about the money, it's about being able to race and still have fun, because a lot of people are making racing not a fun sport anymore!!!
racinjason75
« Reply #95 on: July 06, 2011, 03:50:30 am »

no feathers ruffled here. We are good. I just dont understand how it is everyone elses fault some guys dont do well. It takes ALOT of dedication to compete at the level we do, and to have someone say its not fair because he is more experienced is hog wash. Thats all. No doubt something needs to be done to cut costs. The main problem is that the rules in place are not enforced, so they create new rules to circumvent the existing ones. It's just easier that way.

I AGREE 100% with the new carb rule for 2012. I agree the 500 tire encourages HP. Switch to the G-60 and that will cut costs on everything else. DOT tires are not the answer. When was the last time you threw a bald DOT tire away?....Does not happen, usually get sidewall cut off. Open body rule would be kinda neat...something different. Using older cars...great idea, but hard to mandate and enforce. Spec shocks...alot of out of control cars.....expensive to repair torn up racecars. Well thats all I have for today.

Earl

SWEET....   we  finding some common  ground~   Cool    I AGREE WITH ALL YOU JUST POSTED~
billy5

« Reply #96 on: July 07, 2011, 05:24:49 am »

ok first of all we are NOT trying to take away from ANY OTHER CLASS!! When my dad tried to get the "texas thundermods" going in cleveland a couple years back it was because he wanted to race a limited but didn't have the $$$$$ to compete with the front runners.  He wanted to go back to the old limiteds from back in the day... Every year the rules keep changing in the class he is running in and it just gets to dang expensive when you support yourself and you work on your car yourself!! I think getting this class going is a good idea. it's not going to take away from any other class, that's not what we are trying to do. We drive two and a half hrs every other weekend to race in this class!!!! We now actually have four limited stock cars and we would love to have some of you to come race with us! it's not about the money, it's about being able to race and still have fun, because a lot of people are making racing not a fun sport anymore!!!
....nuff said
Elmo

« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2011, 07:42:14 am »

I agree with the intent of this thread.  There is something here I would like to address.  The concept of using a completely stock frame and suspension is nothing new, it was the idea of making it LIGHTER that was new.  Naturally if you make a car a 1000 pounds lighter it only makes sense to allow the single most heaviest item the engine which is 750 pounds to be moved further back in the car.  How does this make it a "modified"?? Modifieds are required to locate engines at 72". You can put any body on this chassis, it can take the form of any racing class. Just think of them as mid engine stock cars.  These car were never intended for big race "teams" to campaign, instead the single racer with no sponsors to enjoy a inexpensive "hobby" race car.  With that being said, I believe there are many racers who want this idea, want this chassis, a light inexpensive race car that uses all "stock" parts, Mid-Engined STOCK CARs.  So now you have several racers wanting something to change so they can enjoy this concept.  

I think it's a great idea, But Lufkin is just way too far.   I like the idea of a parts house shock, Monroe or whatever, just no racing shocks, no Bilsteins. I like the idea of G60's or kk704's, IMCA has a good thing with this tire. I like a crate 602 option, but I think a spec engine that matches it should be the focus.  An engine that emulates the 602, like a 450 lift cam, cast pistons and vortec heads with a vacuum rule, no screw in studs or fancy springs. You can let the open chamber heads stay for now but faze them out later. I like the idea of a vacuum carb rule, meaning no double pumpers, and 4412's, quadrajets, 4150's, 3310's all legal (your bound to have one of these on the shelf!), no mechanical secondaries and all stock pumps, no rebuildable fuel pumps. Weight should be 2400 or even more so your homebuilt chassis or a FatCat can be competetive. You could even call them "Vortecs" to match the crate engine and spec heads for the class.

You could even go as far as mandating a single master cyl pedal like they were in the beginning, and for those that want to argue about safety of a dual master, SPeedway sells an adapter so you can bolt on a cast iron OEM stock master cyl so you can feel safe.  You could even allow  big metric chassis, and let them cut down to 112" or even 108" like the metrics.  I even like the idea of having direct drive, simply because it's cheap now, you can have turbo 350's now without converters or glides. Springs all cost pretty much the same so let racers keep tall rear springs if they want, adjuster on the rear make sense to help dial in the car. Oh, I forgot to mention headers, $300 headers for a limited? There needs to be a rule to address this issue, like mandating block hugger headers with 2.5 inch outlets, they cost like $60 bucks, around the same as the original headers for limiteds. Get rid of the high dollar headers. Grin

Busters Econo's had a great look, but when I priced the body I had estimates as high as $4000, that is way too high.  I say just run a wedge car nose if you want and keep the front tires uncovered, you can have the look of a convertable with a 20 gauge steel roof that must hug the contour of the cage, you could even mandate all steel roofs be painted flat black.  

Anything that won't make them a modified, because I think the "look" of a modified is what's allowing the costs to skyrocket, when they are nothing more than a stock car minus 1000 pound of scrap. Modifieds have Bert tranmission, 4 links, quick change rears, alum heads, run alcohol, with rear mounted pumps, all modified parts.

Good luck with the idea, Just give us time to get the cars out there, don't give up to quick. Grin  just about anything that was changed to make Limiteds faster needs a close look at reversing.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 07:49:40 am by Elmo » Logged
Elmo

« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2011, 08:20:56 am »

Yup!

didn't hear anybody say cheaters here. Wink
racinjason75
« Reply #99 on: July 12, 2011, 03:10:45 am »

SWEET... A  SO OTHERS DO SEE THE PROBLEM...    THANKS FOR  POST ELMO~
TRASH

Dennis Guillory

« Reply #100 on: July 12, 2011, 03:47:43 am »

as long there is larger money too win in a class the hot shoes will be there, cut the pay out and the hot shoe goes away
racinjason75
« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2011, 01:55:39 am »

heck.  i hear  Grin that some hot shoes even think they are too hot to have a legit tech of their cars at beaumont... lol

dont cut  the pay...  reconstruct,  make it closer to even,  take the big motor money out with hard tire and lil carbs... and let the fun begin...

lol Roll Eyes
Elmo

« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2011, 02:30:38 pm »

I can have Three Chassis in the works for the new VORTEC class if I can only find some drivers.....LOL Grin
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: