Golden Triangle Speedway
October 26, 2014, 12:11:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WINGS ON STREET STOCKS?  (Read 7346 times)
JUSTME00

« on: June 24, 2011, 09:17:29 pm »

LETS AIR THIS TOPIC OUT.. I WAS TOLD WE MIGHT BE VOTING ON RUNNING A WING IN THE STREET STOCK CLASS FOR 2012..  LETS HEAR THE PRO'S AMD CONNS ON THE WING.. I REALLY DON'T CARE BUT I'D RATHER SPEND $500 ELSEWHERE ON MY OLE CAR... IF WE NEED TO MAKE A CHANGE TO DISTINGUISH A LOOK FROM HOBBY AND PURE STOCK WHATELSE CAN WE DO AND SAVE SOME OF THAT MONEY???  BUT REMEMBER THE WING IDEA IS THE ONLY CHANGE WE MIGHT BE MAKING..

PATRICK LANGLEY
#00 STREET STOCK
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 02:41:22 pm by JUSTME00 » Logged
TRASH

Dennis Guillory

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 10:05:30 pm »

put a 24" tall spoiler on it or a small  wing on trunk
cheviman99x

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 10:29:05 pm »

in 1998-2000 i remember at silsbee speedway some stree stocks ran wings and some didnt run wings it should be an option if u wanna run it let me find some pictures and ill post some!!!
CAGE RATTLER

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 11:28:19 pm »

I REALLY LIKED THE WAY THE WINGS LOOKED ON THE FULL BODY CARS BACK IN THE DAY BUT IT WILL CHANGE OUR SET UPS AND DRAG DOWN THE HORSEPOWER. WHY NOT JUST RUN ALUMINUM BODIES IT WILL BE MORE SIMPLE TO REPLACE AND LOOK DIFFERENT FROM THE OTHER FULL BODY CLASSES... IM UP FOR WHAT EVER YALL DECIDE. UTTERBACK
Brian88

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 01:53:33 am »

What about the poor guys like Rooster that wrench on his car by himself. It would be almost impossible for him to take the wing off and on just to get the car in the shop! I like the aluminum body idea like Utterback!!  Grin
TRASH

Dennis Guillory

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 02:25:06 am »

way not run any OEM body you could decide what it looks like I know where to get a chevy 2 body or a 68 GTO late model charger would look good to me
Rowdy51

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 03:04:55 am »

if you want to run a wing then go get a sprint car in my opinion. body wise i could careless weither its aluminum or steal the setup will matter no matter what body you run. if things keep changin drasticly in the streetstock class. Then I dont see the point in continuing to build the new streetstock ride i have sittin outside. and i agree I could more than willingly spend 500 very easily on my car than on some dinky wing!

StreetStock 51
OhWonRacin

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 03:29:42 am »

Well, I'm with my brothers, no wing!  I rather spend my money else where.  But the wing would keep the rain out of my car with the cover.  I don't have a shop like those brothers of mine.

How about run bead locks on all 4 wheels?

PS  Judd, do you have any 5x4 3/4 wheels?  i'm looking for a couple maybe a 2" and a 3" offset.  I have some beadlocks if you need them!
ruteman

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 04:25:54 am »

just get a run whate you brong class and quite   :'( tell you the truth i think top cars in all classes are doing somthing illegal i get beat aii the time i just keep trying to do it the right way  if the teck man ant going to do his job  maybe we all need to cheat Grin but if you are going to cheat you cant fell to good about yourself i mean thank about it thats like losing any way couse you cant win leagle it aint no fun like that thats the reason they got classes lets keep it fun you can tell when there cheting and whose doing it watch and lisin to the sound off the motors you cant hide that i dont care if your car ant set up right if it was you still cant win  when they got all that motor  hell lets just put a price on all motors in all classes if you protest you by motor Huh
CAGE RATTLER

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2011, 04:28:32 am »

I THINK I DO DARRYL, FORGIVE ME IF I SPELLED YOUR NAME WRONG Grin CALL ME 409-201-7219 UTTERBACK
CAGE RATTLER

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2011, 04:43:47 am »

RUTEMAN,GO TO LEESVILLE OR MANY LA AND YOU WILL SEE A RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG SS CLASS NOT BEAUMONT. PEOPLE GET WHIPPED IN BMT BY VERY EXPERIENCED SS DRIVERS THAT HAVE BEEN IN THE CLASS FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND THEY ALSO NOW ALL THE TRICKS...ITS NOT CHEATING TILL YOUR CAUGHT Grin MIKE DOES A GOOD JOB. WHAT CLASS DO YOU RUN? UTTERBACK
OhWonRacin

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2011, 04:44:42 am »

Judd I will call u tomorrow!

Thanks bud
ruteman

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2011, 06:16:28 am »

cagerattler.  if you feel good about cheating and saing it aint cheating till you get caught. your more less admit your cheting and then saying mikes doing a good joob. ???thats way they dont wont you in teck becose you can see what they ant doing. they dont even have tools in teck  if he cant find it when your admiting it. that ant to good joob. i dont run your class anyway i was talking about every class and no it ant itspereince when you  have same gear and not in a curve and they go by so fast its like your not moving.an  aditit could see that and your right it takes someone that has been racing a long time to no how to cheat. with out getting busted for cheating . but if you got to cheat .you ant that good any way .but they do it in all classes. when you do what the rules tell you to do to yourcar.and they pull away like that  there cheting keep it liget feel proud about your win and not your cheating win
PeteDuoto12m

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2011, 12:30:51 pm »

I was approached about the wing last Saturday night by Glenn, we ran those back in the day to make the cars look different. I would rather see the bodies and tires change than run a wing. This is the premiere full body class and I think that we need to run racing tires. (That's just my opinion, I'm good with whatever.)
gettinready13

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2011, 01:32:36 pm »

I dont run ss but i would rather see some new body styles out there than the same ole cars with wings
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: