Golden Triangle Speedway
November 25, 2014, 08:35:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WINGS ON STREET STOCKS?  (Read 7683 times)
SUPERMAN

« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2011, 02:01:30 am »

MAN IM GLAD MY SS IS GONE I SPENT ALL THAT MONEY ON THE ADD ON FOR MY CAR BUT ITS ONLY 8FT TALL WOULD HAVE HAD TO SPEND MORE MONEY TO "RAISE THE ROOF" YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN DARRELL....WELL WHO KNOWS ALL OF YALL COULD GET TOGETHER AND GLEN CAN MOVE THE MOTOR HOME OUT AND LET YALL PARK EM' THERE. LOL... AND NOT TO MENTION ALL THAT EXTRA FUEL WITH THE WING DRAG......FROM KINDER TO BMT.....LOL  Grin Grin Grin Grin

"We're not out to let back or do anything slouchy. If we've got to turn em' sideways to make a move, we'll do it."   'Kyle Busch'
GTRP
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2011, 03:23:15 pm »

Question: Wings on Street Stocks
This will be put to a vote on July 1 with the registered street stock racers only to see
if this change will be made. Please call Glen with any questions at (409) 781-2801.

At this time no other changes are being considered.

Glen
st.stock38

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2011, 08:48:52 pm »

thats normal some people are hard headed, just saying!
Rowdy51

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2011, 10:56:16 pm »

will it be mandontory to put a dinky wing on a streetstock if this is voted for ?

StreetStock 51
bigdog50

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2011, 11:39:00 pm »

Anything to cost more money and more changes that stuff gets old if ur a racer thats been in the sport for awhile thats one reason i got out lol like the carb rule for next year leave the rules like they are for a few years and stop costing racer MORE MONEY lol
Rowdy51

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2011, 11:54:50 pm »

well if we add a wing or we allowed to run the wesmar 360 sprint engine as well ? with the economy racers cant afford to go and blow if that was the case id have my car half way ready already

StreetStock 51
strocker ace

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2011, 03:33:04 am »

OK I DONT RUN IN SS NO MORE BUT THE YOUNG FELLOW THAT DOES IS DOING GOOD SO WHY CHANGE THE CLASS WITH A WING  JUST PUT THE SS ON SOME GOOD TIRES AND CHANGE THE BODYS SO THEY DONT LOOK LIKE THE HOBBY STOCK I READ IN OTHER POST THAT THE DRIVERS ARE WILLING TO CHANGE THE BODYS TO LOOK LIKE LATE MODELS THAT WOULD BE GOOD NEW TIRES  NEW LOOK ON THE CAR AND NOT SPENDING 500 DOLLARS ON A WING THAT WILL NOT SLOW THE CARS DOWN JUST MY THOUGHTS NEW TIRES NEW BODYS DIFFERENT LOOK MAYBE A 4 BARREL LET THEM FLY NEW DRIVERS FASTER CARS
st.stock38

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2011, 04:53:35 am »

Anything to cost more money and more changes that stuff gets old if ur a racer thats been in the sport for awhile thats one reason i got out lol like the carb rule for next year leave the rules like they are for a few years and stop costing racer MORE MONEY lol
Same with seat locations. we can't race gtrp cause of seat location in our car, that was built long before someone come up with a wild hair up their backside and decided to outlaw exsisting st.stocks. woh now they want to fix the low car count miracuously by putting wings on them hmm. i say dump the dumb tires and seat rules and let them be!  and the attitude of my way or no way promoting!  heck use to there was meeting with drivers to discuss rule and ideas not just cramming it down our throats politics! sorry for the rant !
TRASH

Dennis Guillory

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2011, 05:04:40 am »

Friday yaw will get to decide about the wing there has not been a rule change yet.If you rant no one will listen but make suggtions and you may see some change for the better.
SUPERMAN

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2011, 03:16:37 am »

HEY STROKER THAT 6 CAR ALREADY LOOKS LIKE A LATE MODEL THATS Y YOU DONT MIND THE LATE MODEL LOOK HUH?LOL  Grin Grin Grin

"We're not out to let back or do anything slouchy. If we've got to turn em' sideways to make a move, we'll do it."   'Kyle Busch'
SUPERMAN

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2011, 03:31:21 am »

MAN IT SOUNDS LIKE THE BIG MONEY IS TAKING OVER AND THE WORKING MAN IS ON THE WAY OUT... ATLEAST IN THE SS CLASS.......HAVE FUN .... AND NO YOU WILL HAVE TO RUN A WING IF IT GETS VOTED IN BECAUSE IT WOULD BE AN ADVANTAGE IF YOU DIDNT (WEIGHT ADVANTAGE) BUT IF I WAS STILL IN, I WOULD HAVE TO PUT A SLIDER ON MINE BECAUSE YOU KNOW I WOULD HAVE MINE (TOO FAR BACK) Wink Wink......WHOS GONNA BE OPERATING THE TEMPLATE MACHINE TO MAKE SURE ALL WINGS ARE THE SAME.. MIKE, MAYBE YOUR GONNA GET A RAISE ;SOUNDS LIKE YOUR GONNA BE BUSY. LOL  Shocked Shocked
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 03:34:29 am by SUPERMAN » Logged

strocker ace

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2011, 06:59:01 am »

superman your mad cause you could'nt catch it lmao, and it dont matter to me what they look like i have got  my hands full with this new car different animal maybe you need to move on up and we both can be in the back getting lapped and getting spun out as they go by, see ya in the back oh bring alot of tear offs you will need them in the back lol.
TRASH

Dennis Guillory

« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2011, 12:28:02 pm »

Why would any body run SS if they donot have the cash to back it Sounds like some of yaw needs to invest in a pure stock.SS was never mint to be cheap. There is no reason to get made over talk about tring to improve a class.Wing may not be the answer but  it is a start of a lot descsion about improvments.
DRTRK23

« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2011, 12:35:26 pm »

ALUMINUM BODIES AND 3310 CARBS WOULD BE A BETTER CHANGE THAN WINGS. Basically a wing is just for looks and drag on these cars. The suspension and weight does not allow the desired effect like a sprint car. Allow the bodies for a different look if you want but the wings are a silly idea.
mikec

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2011, 01:28:29 pm »

Remember the late modelstock o wait because they are no more because they went crazy on there rules
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: