Golden Triangle Speedway
October 31, 2014, 09:42:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad Luck 2009 Now 2011???  (Read 1908 times)
Iced Out Kustomz

« on: July 02, 2011, 02:31:32 pm »

I made my first race with my brand new ps last night and i litterally pulled on the track and my tranny went out where you exit the track... on the first lap... during hot laps... first night out... i know the seal blew out on the oil pan on the trans and thats what made me lose drive. but i hope it is just the seal and i didnt mess up the whole tranny.  Undecided Undecided Undecided

-Jarrett 4098935407
Crashtest

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 04:47:58 pm »

Ya, I seen you pull on and pull back off.  I do hope it is nothing major. 

Every car has a lot of speed in it. The trick is getting the speed out of it.  "A.J. Foyt"
Iced Out Kustomz

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 09:56:51 pm »

yea the tranny just stopped pulling and it started smoking alot... so im hoping the trannys not messed up. i know the trans oil pan blew out the seal so im hoping it just lost the fluid and thats why it stopped pulling... i hope nothing inside the trans is messed up. but i took the pan off this morning (sun) and tried to find a gasket and a filter for the powerglide... advanced here in lumberton could order the gasket but could not order the filter... oreillys here in lumberton could order both but with the holiday on mon they couldnt get them till tues maybe wed... i have the cover off now and im anxious to see if the tranny will still pull once i put more tranny in it... so does anyone know where i can get a powerglide trans filter and gasket today??? or even mon morning??? thanks for all the help.

and crashtest... is that bill smiths old car???

-Jarrett 4098935407
Iced Out Kustomz

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 10:02:22 pm »

o one more thing when your looking at the bottom of the tranny on the passenger side there is a circle that will come off it has 3 bolts around it and then one in the middle of it. what is that??? i think its leaking trans fluid also... can i buy a filter for that or do i have to build one?

-Jarrett 4098935407
Crashtest

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 08:13:28 am »

If you are talking about the side and not the bottom that is the servo.  It has an O ring and a gasket.  I only know this because mine was leaking too.   

Every car has a lot of speed in it. The trick is getting the speed out of it.  "A.J. Foyt"
Crashtest

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 05:30:53 pm »

Ya, it's Bills old car.  Good luck on finding that gasket/filter before Tuesday! 

Iced Out Kustomz

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 09:42:25 pm »

yea seals has it but i wasnt able to get it today... i will have to get it wed...

-Jarrett 4098935407
Iced Out Kustomz

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 12:25:56 pm »

the title is correct!!!  Embarrassed i changed the tranny pan gasket, the filter, the servo gasket and o ring... but still have something leaking i believe its either my fill tube or maybe the tranny could be cracked... but now i have got to drop the pan again and loose all the fluid again lol. when i started the car is when it started leaking real bad but it does leak steady even when car is off... but just to see if the car would still pull i put it in gear and the tranny did get into gear and the drive shaft was spinning but the car was not moving.......... this means i have something wrong with my rear end.... DANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i most likely wont be out there this fri...

-Jarrett 4098935407
Crashtest

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 04:01:36 pm »

This might be a shot in the dark but check you cooler lines.  My tranny was leaking real bad and all it was was the tranny cooler line was lose. 

Don't lose hope!  It just seems like what I have dealt with through this season you have dealt with in one week. 

I will be out of town for a couple of weeks but when I get back if you are still having trouble bring it by my house and we can go through it together.  My neighbor races SS and I am sure he will come by and help.

Robbie

Iced Out Kustomz

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 06:08:58 pm »

i think i have changed every gasket on this damn tranny and its still leaking... as far as the rear end we took off the cover and metal shavings dropped out... but only thing that was wrong that i can see is that the weld that we welded the spider gears to the carrier broke apart so i went to gary and i bought a mini spool so im going to put it in today and maybe thats all thats wrong with the rear end... hope so atleast... but as far as the tranny goes im bout to throw this one away and start over!!!

-Jarrett 4098935407
bigdog50

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 10:21:02 pm »

Good maintance and know how and do it right the first time  and don't buy somebodys old wore out  parts they don't want there is a reason behind that lol Shocked Shocked all this leads to finishing on the track everyweek oh i forgot and having a little luck on the track also lol
Iced Out Kustomz

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2011, 08:02:56 pm »

only thing used on the whole car is the tranny lol everything in the rear end was new... i put that spool in and went to start my car to see if it would go and the starter made all kind of noises............................................................................. its a brand new starter too. anyone want a free car?Huh matter of fact ill pay you to take this headache!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Angry Angry Angry

-Jarrett 4098935407
bigdog50

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 10:31:17 pm »

No but HELL NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! LMAO Grin Angry
cheviman99x

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2011, 11:20:22 pm »

is it really free lol
aubrey cain

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2011, 12:57:27 am »

When can I pick it up?     Hang in there Jarrett, you will get the bugs worked out.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: