Golden Triangle Speedway
October 01, 2014, 06:10:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012 Rules for Street Stock  (Read 9296 times)
RatFink

« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2011, 03:11:10 pm »

I just wanted to take a moment to say THANKS to the folks who have kept this thread going. It has been a comical read and also an eye opener that my SS not needing much work at all to be race ready for 2012 season is probably best left sitting on jack stands right where it is. Last that I remember this was supposed to be an enjoyable hobby and it's obviously not the world of outlaws, so why not just have fun with it?  Huh

racinnut

Trade show special!!!

« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2011, 06:02:29 pm »

I agree, Ratfink    Im done talking about this, keep us posted with the changes. I cannot make the meeting, i work shift work in Hackberry,La at the new LNG terminal.   Happy NEW YEARS to ALL!!!!!!!

If you cheating and aint winning, then they're cheating better.
st.stock38

« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2012, 04:42:52 am »

WELL HERE IT IS. I DID HAVE A RACE CAR  AND DONT NOW BECAUSE A BUNCH OF RACERS COMPLAINING ABOUT A SEAT LOCATION,(SO I WAS TOLD) SO COMPLAINING WORKS . AND YES YOU CAN SAY, WELL WHY DIDNT YOU JUST MOVE IT?, WELL IT WAS THE PRINCIPAL BEHIND IT. THERE WERE CARS IN THE SAME CLASS WITH SEAT LOCATIONS JUST AS FAR BACK AS MINE ... "I" CHECKED THE LOCATION. THIS WHOLE CAR WAS BUILT FOR THAT SEAT LOCATION WHERE IT WAS, EVERYTHING WOULD HAVE HAD TO BEEN RELOCATED IN THE  CAR FOR A GUY MY HEIGHT AND SIZE. BUT LIKE I SAID IT WAS THE PRINCIPAL. YES I WAS PLANNING ON RACING AN0THER CAR . WAS LOOKING INTO GETTING THE OLD 1B CAR, WHEN ALL OF A SUDDEN I GOT TOLD IT WASNT FOR SALE ANYMORE....BUT HEY THATS LIFE. SO HAD TO MOVE ON TO LOOK ELSEWHERE, AND THAT TAKES TIME AND PATIENTS MAKING SURE YOU GET SOMETHING NICE FOR THE INVESTMENT.   I HAVE TO WORK FOR MY THINGS IM NOT SPOILED AND SAY I WANT IT MOMMY AND DADDY, AND I GET IT.   NOT EVERYBODY GETS THEIR PLAY TOYS HANDED TO THEM, AND YEAH THERE ARE THOSE OF YOU OUT THERE THAT NEVER HAVE HAD TO WORK FOR A THING; YOU JUST GET TO BRING YOUR HELMET TO THE TRACK AND NEVER GET YOUR GIRLY HANDS DIRTY! YOU CANT GRIP A STEERING WHEEL WITH THOSE CREAMY LOTION HANDS! TRUST ME WE'VE ALL SEEN YALL RACE.  I ALSO ASKED IF I COULD KEEP MY CAR AND RACE THE 2011 SEASON, I WOULD PAY MY ENTRY, GET NOTHING IN RETURN, (MONEY OR POINTS) JUST TO RACE, BECAUSE ITS ENJOYABLE. I WAS TOLD NO, I  WOULDNT BE ABLE TO RACE. (SIGNED) ANDY GUILLORY ,ANY QUESTIONS CALL   670-8410.... CLOCK WATCHER  WHERE DID YOU COME FROM AND WHAT DO YOU DRIVE. WOULD LOVE TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU KNOW ABOUT RACING? BET IT AINT MUCH WHAT YOU THINK RACINNUT?
We are in the same location as you superman, we have a car that was deemed illegal by one track owner, and has raced at gtrp proir to his  dumb rule was imposed, for what ever reason i don't understand. you can build offset cages, strip fire walls floor pans or just put weight anywhere you want it but?  don't move that seat back boys.   it's my rule.  hell my car was built in 2001 long before he thought this junk rule up!
OhWonRacin

« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2012, 02:44:30 pm »

So the track owner is going to have two SS racing?  This thread is going to break Superman's record thread!  this is going to be a interesting 2012!!!!!!!!
TRASH

Dennis Guillory

« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2012, 04:18:13 pm »

will we see all of yall at meeting
bigdog50

« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2012, 09:17:21 pm »

Can anybody give me Mike Champion cell # or somebody have him call me at (409) 659 2103 thanks keith w.
SUPERMAN

« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2012, 09:47:52 pm »

281-808-9492 THATS HIS NUM FROM A CPLE OF POST BACK
HEY SEVENCAR I WILL TRY TO CALL YOU THIS EVENING,,, GOT BUSY
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 09:53:04 pm by SUPERMAN » Logged

"We're not out to let back or do anything slouchy. If we've got to turn em' sideways to make a move, we'll do it."   'Kyle Busch'
tech

« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2012, 02:36:39 am »

Hey Superman.This is mike as long as you keep your stuff you put on here clean.It will not get deleated .As far as rules go everybody that showed up voted on them.So i think that anybody that gets on here and says something about the rules.They should have been at the meeting this evening then they could complain. So if your not good enough to come to the meeting the you should not say anything bad about them. If you would have liked to get something changed then you should have showed up. And that goes for streetstock38. Allways complaining about a seat rule.Maybe its because your scared to come race at GTRP. Just my opinion that is you got yours i got mine Seat set back isnt going to make you faster. So lets just go raceing and have a good time. Oh by the way the track owner doesnt own two streetstock cars both of his sons own one each.Iwent with him to buy it and his son gave him the money so when you say something i think you should get your facts straight.Just my opinion though. I hope everybody has a wonderful 2012 and 2013 season since the rules will stay the same for 2 years
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 03:50:55 am by tech » Logged
st.stock38

« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2012, 03:56:25 am »

Hey Superman.This is mike as long as you keep your stuff you put on here clean.It will not get deleated .As far as rules go everybody that showed up voted on them.So i think that anybody that gets on here and says something about the rules.They should have been at the meeting this evening then they could complain. So if your not good enough to come to the meeting the you should not say anything bad about them. If you would have liked to get something changed then you should have showed up. And that goes for streetstock38. Allways complaining about a seat rule.Maybe its because your scared to come race at GTRP. Just my opinion that is you got yours i got mine Seat set back isnt going to make you faster. So lets just go raceing and have a good time. Oh by the way the track owner doesnt own two streetstock cars both of his sons own one each.Iwent with him to buy it and his son gave him the money so when you say something i think you should get your facts straight.Just my opinion though. I hope everybody has a wonderful 2012 and 2013 season since the rules will stay the same for 2 years
 I tried to understand why Mr.Johnson wanted that rule in the st. stock class anyway? i agree it don't make you faster!
st.stock38

« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2012, 03:59:01 am »

What was the meeting about? was any of the ss driver informed?
GTRP
Administrator

« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2012, 04:02:15 am »

I would like to thank the 12 cars represented at the street stock meeting tonight and for taking their time to sit down and discuss the  rules.  They voted on changes which will be posted Thursday afternoon.  These rules will be in effect for the race season of 2012 and 2013.  

gtrp
Glen
781 2801
mikec

« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2012, 01:26:53 pm »

My no is 979-864-7389
SUPERMAN

« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2012, 10:11:35 pm »

ITS GONNA BE A GREAT YEAR OF RACING....LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THE 12 CARS HASH IT OUT IN THE SS CLASS...BET IT WILL BE INTENSE WITH THE NEW SS ROOKIES AND ALL THE HORSEPOWER...CANT WAIT!! SIGNED: SUPERMAN

"We're not out to let back or do anything slouchy. If we've got to turn em' sideways to make a move, we'll do it."   'Kyle Busch'
redroosterracing

« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2012, 11:40:38 pm »

Superman, don't say that H word, it makes me nervous!

The closer to the front you get, the faster the cars are....
CAGE RATTLER

« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2012, 12:39:27 am »

I SAW THE C91 CAR FOR SALE FOR 8500 BUCKS FOR JUST A ROLLER Shocked Shocked Shocked  Shocked IM TO POOR FOR THIS CLASS BUT I HOPE ALL GOES WELL FOR YOU SS GUYS IM GOING TO MISS IT. SUPERMAN GET YOUR CAR BACK AND PUT THAT ALUMNIUM HEADED 406 IN IT  Grin ALL THEY WOULD NOTICE IS YOUR SEAT LOCATION LOL. JUD UTTERBACK
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: