Golden Triangle Speedway
October 23, 2014, 06:27:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Class Idea  (Read 532 times)
purestock19t

« on: May 13, 2012, 02:38:39 pm »

Well i've been inspired by this class in Iowa that a friend of mine's dad races. It's called open class. These cars can use any motor that will fit into the car, and the weight rule is light. This class can run big blocks and small blocks. It's a class that there would be no complaining and would be plain out fun. Anyone else think it would be fun to build any motor you want and run it? Just a suggestion!
racinnut

Trade show special!!!

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 05:08:21 pm »

They've had a few open classes up in north La, and you would be surprised at the racers who dont compete in it. Most would rather have rules and stretch them. Example: running acid ported heads in a pure stock or anything you could out class ($$$$$$) the budget racer in your class.  If the rules are open, then they might not be competitive. Alot of the northern states tracks, do Alot more indepth teching and/or claiming than here in the south.  but, it would be good for the spectator.    Can you imagine the engine combos and cars you would see?   Even them, TOO for back seats, could come out and play.   lmao

If you cheating and aint winning, then they're cheating better.
Crashtest

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 06:20:48 pm »

It's a good idea purestock; I call that drive what you bring.  But I also agree with racinnut also. 

Maybe we could come up with some ideas and present them to glen for an intermission race in the 2013 schedule.  I beleive intermissions are for us drivers to prep the cars for the feature. But when intermission comes around everyone runs to the restroom and snack bar.  The spectators should not want to get up from there seats until the night is over.  IMO. 

Maybe: 
A Kart Race, I don't know if they can race on our track but maybe Racinjason can get some of the veteran kart racers together to put on a intermission show to help with publicity on the kart track.

Bike races for the kids, when I was younger I wouldn't miss a bike race at Silsbee. And if I had to go so did my parents.

Line up a Stinger, Jr Mini, Pure Stock, Hobby Stock, Street Stock, Limited Modified, Modified on the track and do a quick walk through on the difference in the cars.  Nothing to indebth but an explanation an the cars.  You would be amazed at how many spectators don't know the deference in the classes or the cars. 

Just a few ideas. 

Robbie. 

Every car has a lot of speed in it. The trick is getting the speed out of it.  "A.J. Foyt"
purestock19t

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 12:36:04 am »

I couldn't agree more with you Robbie. I loved those fan activities that Silsbee had and the stands were almost always full! We should have a big meeting one week before the races and throw some suggestions and ideas out there. We'll get some ideas from regular and new spectators and the drivers. Maybe some of us regular fans and drivers can do our part in helping with the events and such.
bodydropped

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 01:05:19 am »

as a kart racer, i highly doubt we could race on the big truck due to being rough from all ruts from the cars, we have to run on a smooth track if not it will beat the floor pans and bodys off the karts. i raced at silsbee back in the day and the track would be so rough for the karts that we would be air born on the straights and in the turns
Crashtest

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 01:41:20 am »

That's what I thought, just wasn't 100% sure.  I know when they had them carts by the entrance that one race I heard about them for weeks from my kids.   I knew what they had, where they were set up, how many carts were there and I didn't even step foot on the spectator side that night. 
Good job guys. 

Robbie. 

Every car has a lot of speed in it. The trick is getting the speed out of it.  "A.J. Foyt"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: