Golden Triangle Speedway
July 24, 2014, 09:38:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pure stock  (Read 4536 times)
GTRP
Administrator

« on: May 19, 2012, 07:26:12 am »

At the meeting to night pure stock drivers vote to run Bead lock on right rear for safety REASONS . No other track with in 100 miles of hear ,Bgs Willis.or 105 let's pure stocks run them.     Glen  GTRP
cheviman99x

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 11:56:53 am »

wow seriously  why dont you just give the pure stocks headers,quick steer,and a holley 4412  and have urself one full hobby class. if i was a brand new fan coming to the races and didnt know between the classes hobby stock and pure stock look to much alike - i love the word PURE STOCK - its not an entry level class at all  go back to bomber days where u knock out the windows put a cage in it run stock rims stock everything and let it be alot cheaper than it really is for a so called entry level class  but this is - JMO
st.stock38

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 12:42:41 pm »

Is it optional or mandatory?
GTRP
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 01:58:58 pm »

Optional  w or w/out
st.stock38

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 02:22:34 pm »

Don't see a problem then it's just a prefrence at best.
billy5

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 04:05:26 pm »

class combining soon i bet,,,,,call them purehobby stocks.....1 big feature,instead of 2 smaller ones..better for fans,but bad for purestock cars...if a beadlock makes it safer.....do you still have to have a roll cage?
10man

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 04:50:00 pm »

Beadlock is cheap but them automatic transmissions are high dollar.
BlueRacer

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 05:12:52 pm »

We believe, that the meeting last night was not a good decision, since the drivers didn't have mechanical representation on their side who could've explained that the bead locks are not going to make up the difference in the hp.
The meeting wasn't suppost to be about running bead locks or not but, about letting other cars from other tracks, come and GTRP bending the rules for them.
The driver last night knew b4 he came out that he couldn't run bead locks.
HAD WE KNOWN, that GTRP wasn't going to hold to their word, I WOULD'VE PROTESTED the car and saved everyone problems. All the track officials would have had to say is "that decision would fall upon the drivers under the visiable protest rule" and I  WOULD have taken care of it.
We will NOT be back next. If you run PS and want to talk to John about this...call...409-790-4646.

Good Luck PS
Susan Brown
Owner 22x
dirtworks52

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 05:41:47 pm »

Wish I could have run a beadlock when I was racing.  Could keep that side together no matter what pressure I ran in it....   good idea.....
haulsas

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 06:16:49 pm »

If someone doesnt have enough sense to look the rules up before they  drive over here pulling a race car knowing they have never raced here before, then maybe they need to pull it back home without racing a few time and the idea of finding out the rules before you come over here will catch on. That car had more issues than the beadlock, it had an open hood scoop, along with a three sided spoiler on the rear. Couldn't see under it but the outer appearance was a fully Hobby Stock. From what I was told Glen and Johno made it right after the race about the points and the money, but it shouldn't have happened. He should have been made to run with the Hobbies, and there wouldnt have been any issues. They just made a bad call but they tried to straighten it out afterward. Beadlocks are a bad idea if you want to keep the Pure Stock class around. I dont have a dog in this fight, so take what I said or not, just remember they provide a race track for us to go and watch and you to race. Sometimes things get started and after it is looked at from a distance it wasnt a good idea, this maybe one of them. Thanks for all the changes at the track, your doing a good job Glen and Johno.
purestock25

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 08:35:01 pm »

Meeting??? Where was there a meeting??? I stayed there until they paid the purse, and got my 50 bucks and left. Nobody said anything about a rules meeting. So, what, there were 4 or 5 people there deciding on rules changes??? Beadlock on the pure stocks, REALLY? Hell, everyone I spoke to last night was bitching about the 5x running a beadlock, and now it's allowed? Why not go ahead and allow the spoilers, hood scoops, 180 compression and racing shocks...Oh, wait, we do have a class that allows all that! It's called HOBBY STOCK! The 5x should've been allowed to run with the HOBBY STOCK class, which is the class that most closely fit his car!

I think that the track should definitely allow an out of town car a week to make minor changes, as long as they aren't things that will make your car outclass the field. The hood scoop would've been ok...or the spoiler...but when you add it all together, then we have a problem. I guess we should allow Pete Duoto to come race in the pure stocks with us, just once, then allow him a week to make adjustments! This class is dead! Between all the bull crap with the rules changes, and the rough driving, I think I'm going to put that 383 together and go play in Evadale.

They're worried about pissing an out of towner off, and just killing the class. First the carb deal, then the transmission deal, now this...I agree with cheviman, it's just a slow hobby class. 
racinnut

Trade show special!!!

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 02:38:11 am »

Im sorry to see that much talk about that 5x car, i stuck around and heard Glenn and JohnO made it right. Rules are rules, true ... but really do you think that beadlock. hood scoop and wing made THAT big a difference? Cmon now, if you do, you need your head checked. That man drove a better race than yall and beat yall. but rules are rules.   I saw that stinger running a flag on the back right of her car and it caused her to lift the left rear off the ground, giving her more side bite........lol   Cmon guys!!!!!!  a guarantee if he comes back, he will have it right and still be faster.  Like Bobby Bates, that everyone said was illegal, but couldnt find anything........he just does his homework..........anyway, the track owner owns that car now so..........

If you cheating and aint winning, then they're cheating better.
GTRP
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 03:34:25 am »

Owner's son Chris own's the (711)  and son JJ & wife Katie own's (712)    Thank you Glen
JUSTME00

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2012, 06:39:13 am »

WELL SAID RACINUT...  I AM SURE HE WILL REMOVE THE HOOD SCOOP AND WING AND GO BACK AS SOON AS HE CAN...  WE REALLY LIKE GOING THERE TO RACE BUT HE RACES IN LEESVILLE ON SAT. NIGHT (PURESTOCK) THAT WAS WHY HE HAD THE BEADLOCK.

PATRICK LANGLEY
#00 STREET STOCK
st.stock38

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2012, 12:11:51 pm »

I feel for ya mr. johnson!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: