Golden Triangle Speedway
December 20, 2014, 05:03:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pure stock  (Read 5040 times)
haulsas

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2012, 02:44:47 pm »

From what I can tell by the number of classes at Leesville they have 5 classes and beaumont has 6. i read there rules,( by the way looking up this info only took about 5 minutes of my time), it seems they dont have a Hobby Stock class. They have Modified,Super,Street,Pure and Stinger. Were as Beaumont has 6 classes, Modified, Limited, Street, Hobby, Pure, and Stinger.
Here are the differences
Leesville allows

Racing Springs
Racing Shocks
Beadlocks
Hood scoop
Spoiler
Quick Steer
Forgot to look at Exhaust..Bet I could wrote it down too....lol,,,,
Compression can be 175
3200 pounds on weight
 Now Beaumont Allows
 weight 3500
160 on compression
and none of the other stuff

so I guess those of you who posted the cars were just alike and the beadlock and spoiler had nothing to do with it, the guy just ran a better race are an exactly right, what a joke, oh one more thing
When a driver is worried about getting popped for cheating or having some thing illegal if they arent to stupid they do a thing called Dogging back
For those you that dont know what that means, you get out front and stay there, dont leave the second place car by a mile, you just listen and when you can hear them coming pull away, dont let them catch you cause they may knock off your spoiler or pop your beadlock off the rim......lol........Its easy to identify stuff like this when someone takes off at the begining of the race and leaves the entire field 2 turns and half of the straight away, and the some how one car catches back up and stays about 2 lenghts behind you for 6 or 7 laps...that is called Dogging...
     So other than the list above the cars were identical,
st.stock38

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2012, 04:44:42 pm »

Looks to me like instead of all the bickering and whining, the drivers and owners would be happy that the track is trying to work to get other cars to come instead of locking out the new cars. The track has to turn a profit to keep the doors open, 8 cars just don't cut it.  And the people that really think leesville is all that. Well maybe you should go try it out and see if the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.
BlueRacer

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2012, 07:10:58 pm »

The 5x knew when he came thru the gate that his beadlock wasn't legal. He was offered by several people, several tires and refused the help.

The POINT here isn't that he wasn't legal to run our class or not.....it is the fact that 2 PS drivers were told that IF HE GOT ON THE TRACK W/O CHANGING THE TIRE THAT HE WOULD BE DQ'D WHEN HE CAME ACROSS THE SCALES.

Had the drivers been told that if they didn't want him in the race, they'd have to protest it and then the track would do something about it. BUT, THAT WASN'T THE CASE.

That was what raised the tempers, of which, we weren't involved in.  THEN, a meeting was called. I heard Glenn paid the man out of his pocket and advanced the local drivers so the points and pay was as if the 5x had been DQ'd.

THEN, the meeting somehow turned into a vote "for" or "against" beadlocks.?? When it should've been about the track not inforcing the rules to protect the boys who have been running and supporting this track for years. The way we saw it, the meeting was a way of distracting the ones who were mad to calm them down into thinking that they were getting something out of it.

Had the hood scoop and the spoiler been the only things that weren't legal...they can't be replaced at the track, yes give the man a free ride and change it b4 he comes back. But, again, that wasn't the issue.

You get a group of PS drivers in a meeting that don't understand the mechanics of rpm's w/o having a mechanic there that is willing to explain that this is what they want you to vote for but, that alone isn't going to help your horsepower against a Pure/Hobby stock car from Leesville.

Changing the rules after the season starts is in our opinion, not right. The local boys work for months getting their cars set up to the rules and then things change because the track doesn't want to make an outta towner mad. Yes, we need our car count up and if things weren't so bad maybe we'd have more cars.

Thank you Haulsas for posting the rules. I think all the upset drivers are over it now and this is all we have to say about it too. Stick to the rules and inforce them. That should be the way local or long distance.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 04:39:28 pm by BlueRacer » Logged
Crashtest

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2012, 08:23:37 pm »

What I agree with is if you are going to run at an out of town track you usually look at the rules a couple of times to make sure you are legal. I did it all last year and I still do it this year when we run other tracks.  Even if we have been there before or are we are just there to watch I will look at the rules of the class to get a better understanding of each different class or see what has changed. 

Their Rules and Our Rules are way off; but he isn't quite up there with the HS.  I don't like changing anything when I go to another track to race but he might be better off throwing on some headers and running with the HS.   Or leave his car alone and just go for the seat time. 

Chevyman; the beadlock, spoiler, and hood scoop won't make much of a difference.  I raced against beadlocks when I didn't have one and I held my own.  Now the racing shocks, up to 180PSI compression, and engine set back that will make a big difference.

Some of our PS guys go to Leesville and race but with the GTRP rules they are legal there.  Leesville PS racers aren't legal at Lufkin, 105, BG, GTRP, or Willis.  That is if they build their car to Leesville Rules. 

Some of our SS racers aren't legal in there SS class they have to run in there Super Stock Class.  If he would have read the rules he would have know what class to run in.   

Good Luck PS

ROBBIE.

Every car has a lot of speed in it. The trick is getting the speed out of it.  "A.J. Foyt"
JacobH626

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2012, 11:47:33 pm »

well said robbie
haulsas

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2012, 02:14:06 am »

That was a good post,,,,,Now lets drop this krap and get ready for some more racing, thats what its all about anyway...
cheviman99x

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2012, 02:22:24 am »

i never said anything about spoiler hood scoops what i said was if your going to give them a beadlock why dont you just give them everything a hobby has and combine them then u would have you a full field full body cars - i know that hood scoop will not make you faster i know a beadlock will not make u faster but spoiler if you actually build yourself a nice spoiler it CAN YES I SAID CAN  MAKE YOU FASTER THAN A GUY WITH OUT A SPOILER IF YOU DO IT CORRECTLY.

THE PURE STOCK CLASS IS BECOMING A BIG TIME JOKE!!! IT SAYS ITS AN ENTRY LEVEL CLASS WELL IT NEEDS TO BE AN ENTRY LEVEL CLASS I DONT CARE IF THE BEADLOCK IS OPTIONAL OR NOT THE 2 CLASSES  LOOK 2 MUCH ALIKE NOW THEY NEED TO BE SPREAD OUT BUT THIS IS ALL JMO

AND ANOTHER NOTE - WAS AT GTRPS DRIVERS MEETING FRIDAY NIGHT FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS YEAR AND YET WHAT DO I SEE GLEN UP ON THE STAND SAYING  THAT HIS TRACK AND OTHER TRACKS ARENT PARTNERING YUP MY POINT IS WHY THE HELL YOU HIRE A PROMOTER IF YOUR GOING TO HAVE YOUR NOSE IN EVERYTHING  EITHER LET THE PROMOTER DO HIS JOB OR YOU DO IT ALL
Crashtest

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2012, 02:33:34 am »

I do appologize chevymann I quoted the wrong comment; that comment was made by racinnut: Again I appologize the quote I was referring to is below.   

Im sorry to see that much talk about that 5x car, i stuck around and heard Glenn and JohnO made it right. Rules are rules, true ... but really do you think that beadlock. hood scoop and wing made THAT big a difference? Cmon now, if you do, you need your head checked. That man drove a better race than yall and beat yall. but rules are rules.   I saw that stinger running a flag on the back right of her car and it caused her to lift the left rear off the ground, giving her more side bite........lol   Cmon guys!!!!!!  a guarantee if he comes back, he will have it right and still be faster.  Like Bobby Bates, that everyone said was illegal, but couldnt find anything........he just does his homework..........anyway, the track owner owns that car now so..........

Robbie. 

Every car has a lot of speed in it. The trick is getting the speed out of it.  "A.J. Foyt"
Crashtest

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2012, 02:57:12 am »

Now on to your recent comment Chevyman.  If your calling pure stock a joke your calling the many guys and girls who pour their heart/time/money/blood into this sport to keep it alive a joke. AND our PS may look like the HS cars but they are NOT HS Cars.  What just because the Limiteds Look like the Modifieds we need to combine the two classes?  If it wasn't for the 10" tires some of the SS would look just like the HS cars so maybe we just need to run 2 classes?  Modifieds and Semi Stock?   

Building a RACECAR and maintaining a RACECAR along with entry fees, fuel, travel expenses, all this adds up.   I don't care what class you run in.  There is no longer an entry level class out there by way of money.  You spend money in every class and it's up to you how much you pour into the Hobby. 

Glen owns the track and has to love the sport.   If his heart wasn't in racing WHY buy a race track?   So yes why wouldn't you see him during the drivers meeting?  Been to other drivers meetings and the owner is usually present up front.  They usually always say a few words.       

There is not one class out there that is a joke.  If the drivers/owners take the time and money to build the cars and race them they need to be supported. 

Robbie.

jb88

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2012, 04:14:00 am »

THIS  AINT  FUN NO MORE .. I HAVE NEVER WORKED SO HARD FOR SOMETHNG AND BE SO DISCOURAGED.......       IM SORRY FOR SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT A OUT OF TOWN  CAR  .. NEXT TIME I WILL RACE AND LET WHATEVER HAPPENS  JUST GO WITH IT ,,, TUCK MY TAIL AND TAKE IT LIKE A MAN ... I KEEP FORGETTING .WHO I AM  AND WHO IM  SUPPOSE  TO BE  ... AS FOR OUR PS  CLASS CAR COUNT  I CANT  DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT . IF ITS NOT HERE NEXT YEAR  I WILL  MISS IT .. I DONT KNOW WHAT DO ABOUT IT..  I WENT TO 105 SAT NIGHT AND THEY HAD 15 PS CARS ..I TALKED TO A WOMAN  AND HER SON  WHO WERE RACING.. I ASK WERE  THEY  WERE FROM I WAS SHOCKED WHEN  THEY  SAID LUMBERTON...I SAID  WHY DONT YALL COME TO GTRP ON FRIDAY NIGHT.. I CANT PUT WHAT THEY SAID ON HERE.  I WILL SAY I STOOD THERE FOR 20MIN TRYING TO DEFEND OUR TRACK  TO NO  AVAIL  ...THEY WONT BE  COMING ...I GUESS  SOME HURTS RUN DEEP .. I TRIED MY BEST...   HOPE ALL THE CRAP  IS OVER  I KNOW  I   HAVE  LEARNED  A LESSON  ... JUST BE GLAD  U GOT A PLACE TO RUN YOUR CAR  ..IF U  WIN  OR GET PASSED  LIKE YOU ARE A DRIVING A STREET SWEEPER ..... I STILL HAD FUN  THIS WEEKEND
GTRP
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2012, 12:58:35 pm »

BEADLOCKS !!!!!!!! Some act like his is the first time it;s been talked about?Huh .  For 3 weeks Glen ,Mike & John O have been ask about BEADLOCKS from 3 or 4 of the 9 racers thier Friday night . 5x car did not get paid !!! I am going to send him a check for his PIT passes out of my pocket. Some said it is for safety others did not give us a reason. So I put it to a vote over half voted fot them. My problem is I let them even vote i was just trying to please them IT didn:t have any thing to do with the 5x car. Beadlocks are optional SO IF EVERYONE NEEDS SOME ONE TO BLAME IT:S ME (GLEN) AS ALWAYS THE SH__ STOPS HERE . JOHN O & MIKE IS DOING A GREAT JOB  AND THANK BOTH OF THEM. But no one has said any thing about us rolling in the track so the racers can save their GAS . Fuel payroll and wear on my equipment is about $170 to $200 dollars....     Hope everyone have a great week Hope to see everyone FRIDAY      THANK YOU  GLEN
bigdog50

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2012, 09:02:12 pm »

Lmao was that the 5x billy from cleveland if thats the car i race it at 105 in hs and ss just saying Grin Grin Huh
Wolf

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2012, 09:09:06 pm »

Thanks for all the changes at the track, your doing a good job Glen and Johno.

it has been said and not overlooked
GTRP
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2012, 10:19:02 pm »

Bigdog  he is from Kinder La
billy5

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2012, 03:55:42 am »

Lmao was that the 5x billy from cleveland if thats the car i race it at 105 in hs and ss just saying Grin Grin ???werent me keith...
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: