Golden Triangle Speedway
April 16, 2014, 04:00:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great Racing by GTRP Racers.  (Read 738 times)
Crashtest

« on: May 20, 2012, 09:02:03 pm »

I watched a Pure Stock beat a good Hobby Stock driver last night with only a straight head start.  Now I wasn't going to watch the PS show last night because I didn't think there was any way anyone would be able to beat this guy because he was fast.  Well they started as we where loading the car and we walk to the fence just to cure any curiosity we had.  GTRPs own JAY BUTTS and his Black Number 7 tearing up 1st place with 4 and 43 not to far behind (4 was the fast one).  Jay  held onto First till they started  coming up to lap traffic; 4 went high and Jay went Low to split the lap traffic going into turn 1.  Exiting turn 2 4 had the lead and Jay had dropped to 2nd.  They continued to dodge lap traffic and Jay continued to fight for his position back.  Jay still had 2nd as they crossed the Checkered.

Tyler Harris; My hats off to you! 

Ernest had Pete fighting hard to hold onto First place. Pete started smoking about the 6 or 7 lap into the race and it just kept getting worse. Near the end you could barley see what was happening on the track.  I am not sure what spot Ernst finished In because I couldnt tell if Pete was Black Flagged for all the smoke or not.  DeWayne and Ron fought over 6th till Dewayne made an outside pass on 27 and moved in behind 94 who he ended up passing on the inside.  He held that position till Pete and Ernest moved up behind him when they went to pass 94 slipped in between them and put Dewayne in the wall and ended up blowing his left Front tire with only 3 laps left.   27 then passed him before he adjusted to the flat. Ron made his move on turn 3 of the last lap and Dewayne tried to hold him off with the flat tire but Ron was able to pull up along side and they passed the flagman Side by side. 

Eddie ran a good heat but last night wasn't his night. He was the 3rd car in a 5 car pile up and it ended his night pretty early. 

Great Job Guys and to the ones I missed, I appologize we were racing also.

Robbie

Every car has a lot of speed in it. The trick is getting the speed out of it.  "A.J. Foyt"
jb88

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 04:29:02 am »

IM  GLAD  YOU WERE THERE..ROOTING  ..  FOR US  .  THAT WAS FUN  HOPE  TO DO IT AGAIN...ALWAYS GOOD TO DRIVE  ON THE TRAILER....WELL  PUSHED  ON  .   I BURNED  MY STARTER   WIRE  OFF  ...  NEVER WENT 20 LAPS  THAT  FAST  IN  THE NEW CAR  ..I ALWAYS HERD THAT LAP CAR  WILL  GET  YOU ..
Crashtest

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 04:31:19 am »

It was a great race Jay! 

Every car has a lot of speed in it. The trick is getting the speed out of it.  "A.J. Foyt"
randy seals

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 04:15:03 pm »

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxjw1_t4pIc
jb88

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 11:40:14 pm »

how do you get video  to play ?  i tried  clicking on it and on  the play video  it wont play   DANG IT
jb88

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 12:55:29 am »

GOT  IT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: