Golden Triangle Speedway
December 21, 2014, 10:28:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Macon is my Home Track what is yours?  (Read 391 times)
LuvRacinRog

« on: May 31, 2012, 04:30:11 pm »

Macon is my Home Track what is yours?

I love Macon Speedway. I won more races at Joe Shaheens Lil Springfield, but I love Macon.  Saw my first race there when I was 4 years old.  Macon is a tight 1/5 of a mile high banked black dirt track in central Illinois.  It is owned by Kenney Wallace, Kenney Schrader, and Tony Stewart, and ran by Bob Sargent.

Besides a great local program they run several NASCAR nights with Nascar drivers appearing to race with the local guys.   They also run the Herald and Review 100 the biggest dirt race in Illinois. It is part of the UMP Summer Nationals Hell Tour for late models and modifieds.

Macon was build as a midget track in 1946. They still run the Wayne Webb Memorial, the night before they run the big race at the Illinois Sate Fair. They have had all the great midget drivers in this race.  I love midgets and I think Macon, Sun Prairie in WI, are two of the best places to see a midget race. 

The racing at Macon is fast and tight. The leader is in lapped traffic in the heat races. If you lift you lose.  You have to run with your right rear sparking the concrete wall to win.   When it was a board fence, I once took out 48 feet of  turn 1 and turn 2.  Worst flip I ever had.

We have 137 drivers stories on our Macon Speedway page.  .  We have a link to the Macon Speedway web site. We have a Track Visit with photos so you can  see how the track looks and is layed out. There is also Racing News for the state of Illinois.  You can see pictures of different nights our reporters have covered Macon, by clicking on the dates.

Check it out by going to www.LuvRacin.com  click on the state of Illinois then on Macon Speedway

Check your track and see what kind of coverage we have there. 

Tell us about your home track.

LuvRacin.com is Your Racing Network

Click on your state for your local

News           and     Results
Photos         and     Features
Tracks         and     Drivers
Classifieds   and     Links

We need help to promote the drivers and racing in general. LuvRacin.com can provide nation wide exposure for your track and your drivers and their sponsors.

If you know someone who is interested in being a Race Reporter  have them contact me. 

LuvRacin.com has over 50,000 pages of racing information with in 3 clicks of the front page.  We want to take you to the races.

LuvRacinRog

st.stock38

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 06:54:18 pm »

Well do back!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: