Golden Triangle Speedway
April 20, 2014, 01:45:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camaro Bodies  (Read 1060 times)
Hobbystock3c

« on: June 21, 2012, 03:48:57 pm »

All things considered and if all rules are met for each class, I believe it would be very beneficial for the track to let them run.  We all know car count is down, a simple "body" rule change just might greatly increase car count and spectator attendence. Your feedback is appreciated.
dtown11blue

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 03:56:47 pm »

Like I asked earlier, whats the advantage if the weight is there? 3400 lbs is 34oo lbs whether its a monte carlo or a station wagon!
Hobbystock3c

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 04:10:43 pm »

If its because of leaf springs, I don't believe that's a real concern.  Let the camaro bodies run in pure stock or hobby classes .
Rowdy51

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 04:22:13 pm »

I would have to agree on this...i know my camaro is far from being a hobby suspension wise but theres still plenty of camaros around that could run hobby

StreetStock 51
Brian88

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 05:09:38 pm »

I agree! There wouldn't be any advantage as long as the other rules are complied with.
purestock25

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 12:23:46 pm »

We used to be able to run them. For some reason they changed the rules. They weren't dominating the class. There were only a couple running them and I think that when a Camaro finally won, Glen told us to retire the car. Wink I don't know what the reasoning was at the time,  but we do need the car count.
ruteman

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 04:41:24 am »

i no at least 3 more  that would run pure stock if camaro's could run pure stock .camaro's to fast or what is the reason they cant run. any one no .do they have the edge. i think if you got it let it race no mater what it is. i got a 72 mavrick grabber i would love to make in to a dirt track car.pure stock has stock 9in rear end. .stock 302  put a little ford on the track then they would cry over a ford i bet the fans would love to see some ford dodge chev or what ever it is. it is pure stock
GTRP
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 12:59:40 pm »

Sorry __ We are not going back and adding camaros to pure stock . No we are not going to let a car run a ford 9" in pure or hobby stock. If you build a car to the rules you can run alot differant tracks,    THANK YOU  GLEN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: