Golden Triangle Speedway
November 25, 2014, 09:43:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Replace Flagman  (Read 2614 times)
stm121184

« on: September 03, 2012, 04:20:25 am »

Ok, I never post, and know next to nothing, just come for the fun and becoming more interested in buying. But this flag guy tonight is horrible. Why didn't he black flag the white limited modified when his whole side was about to fall off... What, two rivets holding it on for two laps before it fell off, flew up, and hit the windshield frame of another cas
r. 3/4 of a lap to throw yellows on multiple occasions, and the dwarf wreck at 1 turn, are you kidding? Guy was looking at it and waited 10 seconds. No way am I even going to look at running if this is how it works now. Absolutely ridiculous.
Huff83

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 06:56:06 pm »

The flagman don't make all the call's.I guess he could throw the caution every time somebody spins out,but the we would have been ther til 4 a.m.
Crashtest

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 10:39:09 pm »

If you were a driver and racing for 1st or 2nd or 3rd or trying to make it back through the pack it's hell if everytime you get a good run going the yellow comes out because someone spun in one of the turns.  I've been in races that we couldn't finish 2 laps without a caution, it is frustrating. 

So if the driver can get going again on his own without bringing out the caution it's a good thing. 

I guess I missed something; because all I can remember from last night is the Awesome Limited Race; one Great Hobby Race; getting to see the Dwarfs run; and that Spectacular Winner Celebration in the ASCS. 

Every car has a lot of speed in it. The trick is getting the speed out of it.  "A.J. Foyt"
dirtworks52

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 10:39:39 pm »

Ok, I never post, and know next to nothing, just come for the fun and becoming more interested in buying. But this flag guy tonight is horrible. Why didn't he black flag the white limited modified when his whole side was about to fall off... What, two rivets holding it on for two laps before it fell off, flew up, and hit the windshield frame of another cas
r. 3/4 of a lap to throw yellows on multiple occasions, and the dwarf wreck at 1 turn, are you kidding? Guy was looking at it and waited 10 seconds. No way am I even going to look at running if this is how it works now. Absolutely ridiculous.
Well put your application in......   and let's see how u do........
Huff83

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 03:16:26 am »

Crashtest,I think I was in those race's that we couldn't get 2 laps in,lol,and I agree with your's and dirtworks52's post.
Crashtest

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 04:01:14 am »

Ya I think you were Huff.   People who know me will tell you that I am missing that brain to mouth filter because I speak my mind.  But when I pull in then gates I am so glad that there are people out there like Glen Johnson who run these home town tracks and give me a place to race my car that it's hard to ruin my day.   Grin

When I come out of turn 4 and see that flag man giving me the green or the green light in turn 1 and 3 I am fighting for the next position and / or trying to hold my current one.   I give the flag man that power; from his position and the additional help he receives form the spotters and counters he has a better view of the big picture than I do with my "tunnel vision". 

It's the same with spectators.  You get tunnel vision also but you have to remember that it isn't just the flagman calling the race.  Yes he waves the flags, but there are others out there helping him.  Them aren't ear muffs he wears.   

Every car has a lot of speed in it. The trick is getting the speed out of it.  "A.J. Foyt"
BlueRacer

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 02:09:03 pm »

We don't have a permanent flagman. They have been letting a couple ppl try out for the position. I do believe the calls come from the ivory tower and Glenn, but don't quote me on that.
Where ever the calls are coming from, they changed the rule a couple months ago about "if you spin another car out, you both go to the back of the pack", due to the fact that so many cautions did put us into a late night. From what Glenn posted on another thread, the neighbors were complaining.
As for the ones who spin out, pull up and stop sideways in the track and set and wait for them to throw the yellow so they can start out closier to the pack, I say use the black flag.

Otherwise, I say "LET EM ROLL"...LOL
racinjason75
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 02:50:23 pm »

i  will  say   this.   i think  flagman did a  great  job.   

untill anyone  complaining has actually  strapped on the head set and climbed up on a flagstand,  i think they should watch their comments...<unless it is a blatant BS call.>

he  flags  each race at  the Kart Track... and is doing well there too.  and the flagman does not make all the calls...

I know this...  its  NOT  the  job I would want on Friday night... with 20 cars on the track  and 200 people behind you   and a ton of bitching  fro, both sides... if one little  mistake is  made....

IMO  the race sunday  was  pretty darn good...  from the drivers, crew and the track officials..

GTRP
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 12:53:53 am »

I must have missed something Huh??  We have tried 4 different flagmen this year I think all have done a great job . You know I have been racing for over 38 years and a lot of flagmen have made calls that i didn't agree with but they didn't change it the way I wanted. If the one that would like to (replace Flagman) is not going to race because of him it's OK  I just hope you find the perfect flagman.
racinjason75
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 01:21:13 am »

38   years ?   they  had  flags  way back   then ?   Roll Eyes
st.stock38

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 01:50:51 am »

Yeah smoke signals!
go fast

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 02:38:04 am »

He raced Chariots with the Romans lol so give him a break lol
JUSTME00

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2012, 03:32:27 am »

I THOUGHT I SAW HIM ON THAT MOVIE BEN HUR