Golden Triangle Speedway
April 17, 2014, 03:28:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Wings on street stocks who would like too see them ?
mandatory - 0 (0%)
optional - 9 (75%)
no wing - 3 (25%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wings  (Read 3501 times)
TRASH

Dennis Guillory

« on: October 03, 2012, 12:40:49 pm »

Talk about wings is back.Who likes them and who dont.
Rowdy51

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 01:10:14 pm »

imo there are some other things could be done to the s/s besides wings, and if they are mandontory mine will just continue to sit on stands. i got plenty of other things the motor can go in

StreetStock 51
bigdog50

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 06:27:45 pm »

If u want too change the looks of street stock let them run a bigger rear spoiler like late models and r a shark fin like nascar the wing would slow the car down and cause drag in turn cause u too spend more money on a motor too pull that wing but the car would turn left lol jmo and put a good dirt tire them and do away with the pull off tires and put a 750 holley instead of a two barrel.What u think lol jmo just saying that would put a difference between ss and hobby and ss could sale there two barrel r keep them for other tracks Shocked Shocked
Crashtest

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 06:28:15 pm »

3C I can tell you that I don,t think it will be any changes in HOBBY or STREET STOCK. It maybe some clarifcation on some items .

At least it's just chatter amongst the racers.  

Every car has a lot of speed in it. The trick is getting the speed out of it.  "A.J. Foyt"
Rowdy51

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 07:20:49 pm »

im for the 4 barrel and real race tires

StreetStock 51
TRASH

Dennis Guillory

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 08:18:36 pm »

bigdog have you drove a full body car with a wing? If set right it will not slow you down. Placement is the key.
Iwonsee

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 08:35:45 pm »

I would love to see the wings, I might even pull the old SS out of the barn if they do allow them.
bigdog50

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 09:31:05 pm »

I would have too say no on that trash ( I was thinking of the down force on the car) jmo I have some tapes with some ss with wings back in the day from big h in houston randy lovell, brad stokes,mike murry,aubry cain,and a few others
TRASH

Dennis Guillory

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 10:02:26 pm »

That just it the down force can be adjusted go too far and you get lift.
Huff83

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 12:48:52 am »

If you put wings on the street stock the average fan could tell the difference in a street stock and a hobby stock.there are some street stocks that already have wing mounts on them.I don't think the pull offs(tires)are going anywhere soon.
GTRP
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 01:21:34 am »

The Take offs are not going away I have talked to 4 track onwers that had them and let the racers talk them into going to something else and the class went to SH_ _ everyone said that was a big mistake .(The STEET STOCK are NOT changing any thing ). The Wings would be cool but it would not happen with out a vote from the registered street stock racers . And it would not happen with out their request.   
Iwonsee

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 02:07:12 am »

Come on guys There is your chance make that request. You will find out who has the Ba--s with a wing, you can run that old Hot Rod in Pretty Deep. I as a fan of all Racing Love a wing.
Crashtest

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 02:45:45 am »

I agree with all sides! 

1.  The registered Racers Should Vote it in.  Now would be the time. 

2.  It changes the driving style of the car, has to.   I think having one of the seasoned drivers on standby would really help your team out in the beginning.  Drivers who have never used them or set them would be "winging it" for the better part of the year. 

3.  They look awesome and make the SS stand out as the premier stock car class.   

4.   Have to add this one with the great economy that we have.  It could possibly cost more to haul your car to the track each night with a wing.  Or it might not fit into your car hauler. 

All that said I keep seeing #3 and i keep smiling. 

Every car has a lot of speed in it. The trick is getting the speed out of it.  "A.J. Foyt"
Rowdy51

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2012, 02:46:39 am »

If you want a wing go buy a sprint car. That'swhat they were made for

StreetStock 51
Crashtest

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2012, 02:51:05 am »

Grin Grin Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: