Golden Triangle Speedway
October 02, 2014, 08:18:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Wings on street stocks who would like too see them ?
mandatory - 0 (0%)
optional - 9 (75%)
no wing - 3 (25%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wings  (Read 4130 times)
TRASH

Dennis Guillory

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2012, 12:42:28 pm »

The old school mods had wings before the sprint. Sprint car came from the old mods. The wins will not produce drag on a trailer if lowered down. May help fuel with your mileage if you get some lift lol.
go fast

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, 06:37:38 pm »

And the guys that work out of there garage at the house would have to get them off to fit in the garage . Im all for trying to make them look diffrent . But there has to be a more cost saving way . Like Body  they have to be changed . (most do ) some dont . A bigger rear spoiler . but cost more money (but not much ). I just dont see the wing as it and its just my oppenion so dont stone me .And trash is right you can adjust it to were it dont have any drag . BUT then it is just up there for looks and at 175 bucks . the money could be used some were else . that might be needed
Johnny Arthur
Crashtest

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2012, 01:19:36 am »

Didn't think about that factor Johnny and it sure would affect me. 

Every car has a lot of speed in it. The trick is getting the speed out of it.  "A.J. Foyt"
Iwonsee

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2012, 02:07:07 am »

I love when the Talk comes back to cost. Guys its the SS Class if You cant buy a $250 wing you don't need to be in this class. Now if you don't like them or don't want them I understand that and respect your thoughts. Then the talk goes back too more engine, Trust me that wing is less $$$ than any real improvement you can do at this point to a SS Engine. I wish each class looked way dif. but they don't the average fan couldnt tell you a Pure from a Hobby or a Limited from a Mod. I would love to see Big E with a BIG 91 on a WING running it deep in the turn. If you Dont like them you are free to say so, but Dont try and turn it into a $$$$ thing.
st.stock38

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2012, 02:30:57 am »

If you want a wing go buy a sprint car. That'swhat they were made for
Do you race now Rowdy or do you have any plans to race in the next three or 4 years? Can't see it costing you much if you have no plans on running?
go fast

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2012, 02:58:43 am »

Have you seen the car counts at most track were do you think the cars are at .Ther in the shops because the economi suck and there is no money to race. ANYTHING to add cost is bad for ANY CLASS .
Johnny Arthur

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2012, 12:09:13 pm »

I love when the Talk comes back to cost. Guys its the SS Class if You cant buy a $250 wing you don't need to be in this class. Now if you don't like them or don't want them I understand that and respect your thoughts. Then the talk goes back too more engine, Trust me that wing is less $$$ than any real improvement you can do at this point to a SS Engine. I wish each class looked way dif. but they don't the average fan couldnt tell you a Pure from a Hobby or a Limited from a Mod. I would love to see Big E with a BIG 91 on a WING running it deep in the turn. If you Dont like them you are free to say so, but Dont try and turn it into a $$$$ thing.
YEP .

haulsas

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2012, 12:48:00 pm »

I like snow cones.....
Rowdy51

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2012, 05:56:43 pm »

streetstock38 I have a car on stands ready to go minus motor and tranny I have my block rotating assembly and alot of other parts. The only reason my car is not running at this moment is because of personal reasons I had to take care of first. if i didnt have somethings come up id have the motor droped into the car more than likley. and no i dont plan on racing in 3 or 4 years I plan on having my car out next year come hell or high water. I did not buy my car just for it to sit on the jack stands. As i tell everybody im coming back into the class with alot better chassis than what i had, and alot stronger motor. so the car has to be right before it hits the track.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 05:59:30 pm by Rowdy51 » Logged

StreetStock 51
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2012, 06:06:39 pm »

I am not a fan if wings on SS cars.  This is just my opinion, in fact, I would probably sell my car if they were required.  There is nothing wrong with the class now, leave it alone.

JJ
RatFink

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2012, 03:23:20 am »

I know this will probably get shot down but....why not make "performance bodies" late model style bodies legal if the big push is to make the class look different from others?Huh Makes hunting stock bodies a painful thing of the past and they (just my opinion) are a much better looking race car! 
David

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2012, 11:28:43 am »

JMO Let the wing be a opption in the rule if you dont like it dont use it JMO If the wing is in the rule  for opption. my car will have one on it  and far as motor. The rule is there for motors Read!!!! . Bodys I agree they are getting hard to find . your looking at $1000 to put a performance body on the car  not including labor.  So as far as spending money it is the racer who decides where too spend his money ,  JMO  David 66 SS
TRASH

Dennis Guillory

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2012, 12:40:04 pm »

there are 27 replays an only 10 votes on the poll. Hope the election has a better turn out.
racinnut

Trade show special!!!

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2012, 11:12:11 pm »

Have you seen the car counts at most track were do you think the cars are at .Ther in the shops because the economi suck and there is no money to race. ANYTHING to add cost is bad for ANY CLASS .
Johnny Arthur
                                            I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you cheating and aint winning, then they're cheating better.
GTRP
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2012, 01:00:12 am »

The Street Stock racers that where at the meeting last year we voted on the rules that we now have and said they where good for 2 years with no changes so NO changes in 2013 . We well talk after next year is over but hope ECONMY gets better for everyone .   THANK YOU  GLEN
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: