Golden Triangle Speedway
April 19, 2014, 08:11:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KART TRACK WINTER SERIES CLASSES  (Read 2923 times)
racinjason75

« on: October 08, 2012, 02:23:05 am »

JUNIOR NOVICE CLASS

5- 7                  250#     AKRA TYPE 196 CLONE     Red Plate, Gear Rule 12/67*, 35" tire circumference, Mandatory Rib Protector
                                                     NO   PREDATOR   212  CLONES  ALLOWED   at    this    TIME

* Fuel tank relocation  recommended *

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JUNIOR  CLASS

JR I   8 - 11                   290#    5 HP Briggs, Blue .500           WKA Restrictor Plate, IKF Motors Allowed But MUST Run WKA Plate, Mandatory Rib Protector
                                       290#     CLONE      BLUE      PLATE      AKRA TYPE 196 cc CLONE

JR II  12 -14                   290#    5 HP Briggs, Blue .500           WKA Restrictor Plate, IKF Motors Allowed But MUST Run WKA Plate, Mandatory Rib Protector
                                        290#     CLONE      BLUE      PLATE      AKRA TYPE 196 cc CLONE

*MAYBE COMBINING THESE FOR THE WINTER SERIES WILL  HELP  KART COUNT.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STOCK FLATHEAD      

15 & UP                 350# Stock 5 HP Briggs,   WKA or IKF Rules Apply.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CLONE

15 & UP                350#  AKRA type Clone, Wienie pipe, shoe clutch, NO CLAIMER Rule

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PREDATOR  CLONE

15 & UP               350#  Stock 212 cc Predator. Weenie Pipe, Governor Removed, Fuel Tank Relocation, Top Plate and chain guard. Header Wrap recommended. these are the ONLY
                                          things you can do to these engines.

IF YOU ARE BUYING A MOTOR FOR THIS CLASS... YOU MUST  HAVE IT SEALED BEFORE RACING.  IF YOU ALREADY HAVE ONE...IT BETTER BE STOCK.  TECHABLE AT ANY TIME.
**  ALL ENGINES WILL BE SEALED FOR 2013 **  NO EXCEPTIONS. IF YOU ALREADY HAVE ONE NOT SEALED... YOU WILL HAVE TO PURCHASE A NEW ONE.

1.  BRING ME A 212cc PREDATOR IN  FACTORY  SEALED BOX.     I WILL   REMOVE GOVERNOR GEAR,   DRILL AND SEAL ENGINE.     $20.oo    FEE

2.  CONTACT ME. I WILL SEAL AN ENGINE AND SELL IT FOR $128.oo <AS  LONG AS I CAN BUY THEM AT THE $99.oo + TAX PRICE>   PLUS $20.oo  SEAL FEE.

**   MOTORS  CAN BE PROTESTED OR CLAIMED FOR THE WINTER SERIES **  

**   CLAIM IS $150.oo ENGINE ONLY. NO BOLT ON PARTS. NO CLUTCH. ** ENGINE MUST BE REMOVED WITHOUT DAMAGE IN TECH AREA **

MUST FINISH ON SAME LAP AS ENGINE BEING CLAIMED.
MUST HAVE RACED IN PREVIOUS PREDATOR RACE.
MUST PRESENT CLAIM MONEY ON TRACK TO FLAGMAN AFTER THE RACE.
IF 2 CLAIMS ARE REQUESTED, LOWER PLACING KART IS AWARDED CLAIM.
IF CLAIM IS REFUSED, POINTS AND MONEY LOST FOR THE NIGHT.   2nd REFUSAL, POINTS FOR SERIES TO DATE.  3rd REFUSAL,  PARKED FOR SERIES.

All protests must be made by a driver in that class before the kart leaves the Tech Area. Protest must be made within 10 minutes after the Feature. Protest will cost $60.00. If protested engine is legal, the owner/driver will receive $30.00 and the techman will receive $30.00. If protested engine is illegal, the owner/driver will lose points, money and trophy for that race. Protestor will be returned $60.00 and the track will retain $30.00 for the techman paid by the owner of the illegal motor. ALL DECISIONS ARE FINAL. Drivers, not tech man, are responsible for disassembling and assembling the kart.

THIS  IS SUPPOSE TO BE A FUN PLACE TO PLAY THIS WINTER.  A PLACE TO RACE AND ENJOY THE SPORT WE ARE FORTUNATE TO BE A PART OF.
PLEASE DO NOT COME OUT CHEATING.  JUST COME OUT TO RACE... AND HAVE FUN !

HOPE TO SEE A GREAT KART COUNT AS  A PRELUDE TO THE 2013 SEASON.  

GOOD LUCK~

JASON FOUX
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 02:51:51 am by racinjason75 » Logged

DO THE RIGHT THING.....THIS TIME.......
racinjason75

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 02:29:13 am »

We  will  be trying start times around 2:00   gates at noon.   

Glen is looking for a track dryer or sweeper to help  make the day racing  better.

PROTEST AND CLAIM FORMS WILL  BE AVAILABLE AT TRACK.

THOUGHTS, SUGGESTIONS, COMPLAINTS WELCOME.... <WITH RESPECT>

PREDATOR RULES FOR 2013 ARE ALMOST COMPLETE....  

EVERY PREDATOR MUST BE SEALED BEFORE FIRST RACE OF 2013 SEASON.  YOU MUST BRING UNOPENED MOTOR TO ME OR  PURCHASE ONE I HAVE PREVIOUSLY SEALED.

THERE WILL BE NO TWEAKING, TINKERING, BENDING, FUDGING, OR CHEATING WITH THESE ENGINES... THEY WILL BE RAN AS THEY COME OUT THE BOX...  WITH THE EXCEPTIONS THAT WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE RULES.     IF YOU FEEL YOU MUST MAKE YOUR ENGINE FASTER... RUN ANOTHER CLASS.  PLAIN AND SIMPLE...  AND THIS IS NOT UP FOR DISCUSSION.

***OTHER CLASSES CONSIDERED IF 6 OR MORE KARTS COMMIT***

THANK YOU

JASON FOUX
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 03:21:00 am by racinjason75 » Logged

racinjason75

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 03:18:55 am »

ttt

Competitive Karting

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 11:03:17 am »

Are you sure about the blue plate? I think I have sold some green plates to a couple of racers I am not sure please let me know so that I can carry the plate on the trailer

racinjason75

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 09:23:15 pm »

yes. we gonna run  blues in both classes.  just for the winter series Smiley

may change the weight on the  junior I   depending on # of  karts and how much weight is all ready on them.

jbracer127

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 11:46:26 pm »

sorry i might be off a little bit here but is it 350 or 360 for the clone class and if it is 350 will they have a heavier class for anyone that weighs 200+

Tongue thanks in advance
Fast541

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 02:32:40 am »

Just to clarify on the clutch. Does it have to be a shoe type clutch or are the plate clutches legal?
sbevills

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 02:04:10 pm »

Just to clarify on the clutch. Does it have to be a shoe type clutch or are the plate clutches legal?

Which class are you referring too?
racinjason75

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 10:39:30 pm »

steel  shoe/drum clutches  for clone/predator/novice classes   

If we  have enough karts to run  heavier  classes, it  can be discussed.  right now  this is the medium weight.   375  may be discussed at track, but people adding weight to make 350  will not  have enough room for the 375 weight. Smiley

this  has been a problem  all season... but.  I have seen the  heavier  karts  compete and win... soo..  if your  kart is handeling..  that  weight only   matters  on the start Smiley  IMO

Competitive Karting

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 02:53:20 am »

Weight does hurt not just on starts it also hurts on recovery rate and off the corners. I agree a good motor and handling kart helps alot but you have to be perfect to be a lighter kart that is not perfect. It is hard to pass someone that turns sideways in front of you and you have to check up to not hit them. They just pull away from you do to the weight differance. I am not saying that it cannot be done but I understand the weight issue on both sides and it has been that way every sence I started racing. If there is enough to make a heavy class I am sure the track will allow them to race aginst each other. Most tracks require three karts to make a class I am not sure if The Kart Track requires that are not.
go fast

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2012, 03:17:47 am »

360 worked for every body last race in the clone class so just stay with that .THe two biggest guys in the predator and animal class have not complained one time this year . so what is the problem with the clone class
Competitive Karting

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 02:30:03 pm »

I have heard the complants from the big guys
racinjason75

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 02:56:18 am »

we are not wanting  5  classes with 3 karts  for this winter series.   trying to find the medium weight for these  guys to play with..    if we  get the kart count and  have enough  to make   another weight class.. i would love it....  guess we would know after  first race. ??

not really sure how to make all this work yet...    i think we  been doing the 3  karts make a class. 

i will  request a kart count and weights  and  go from there.

<i seen your big ol but was just as  fast as the skinny  dudes and dudettes at Acadiana  couple weeks ago Smiley

and that  big ol predator boy was pretty  darn fast too >   

I hope we  can get the kart count and weight to work out.

racinjason75

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2012, 01:48:26 pm »

BIG  PIPE CLONE  BEING CONSIDERED.   BIG  PIPE CLONE BEING CONSIDERED.

INTERESTED?

LET  US KNOW!

JASON

jbracer127

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2012, 02:05:02 pm »

atleast with big pipe they might not sound like the karts are about to cut grass on start up Tongue
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: