Golden Triangle Speedway
April 24, 2014, 11:11:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Pipe Clones  (Read 1836 times)
racinjason75

« on: November 13, 2012, 04:24:41 am »

WE ARE LOOKING FOR  INTEREST IN THE BIG PIPE CLONES.

A.K.R.A has  2013 rules for this class. 

I hear there are about 5 here locally.  If you are interested in running them in the Winter Series, please let me know.

** Also, would like to see if we can get  about 6 or so to  run the indoor races**

please  post interest

Thank You

Jason

DO THE RIGHT THING.....THIS TIME.......
bodydropped

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 02:27:41 am »

ill stick to my animal for my big a$$. animal is probably the only thing that will work for my weight besides an open motor which is in the building stage
go fast

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 02:29:29 pm »

And what about the guys that have to add 50 pounds just to make 360 .
go fast

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 03:06:23 pm »

And why do the main people crying about the weight go to other tracks and sign up for the lite class and never cry over there . when the have the heaver class that they HAVE to have over here .
sbevills

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 03:46:11 pm »

I think we need to find out who is committed to running the clone class next season and get a kart count . We should be able to find some middle ground somewhere. Hopefully a few of those predator guys will move up and help fill some of our classes out.
jbracer127

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 06:51:01 pm »

ill be at the first race with my clone maybe we can all talk about the weights then i just know with the flatheads it was hard for me at 380 to run with the 350s Tongue
bodydropped

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 06:56:10 pm »

I'm probably one of the heaviest guys at the track besides my brother, I weighed my self before the Cajun indoor and I weight 330, and with the kart I'm around 500. I may joke about the weights for classes but I'm mainly out there to have fun. It doesn't matter how much you weight to a point, if you can drive and has a handling kart then you will be competitive. I have flatheads and animals and I have ran them against the 360lbs karts and I can keep up if I don't get tired
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 06:58:27 pm by bodydropped » Logged
go fast

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 07:16:07 pm »

And comprmise is good . .the people that have to add weight proble wouldnt mind if the gig guys wanted to pick there karts up for them because when you have to add 50 plus pounds just to make 360 . and thene have to add another 15 to make 375 it sucks i know we had to doit this weekend . and wont do it on a weekly bases .Thats why we normaly dont run heavy anywear we go .unlike some people
racinjason75

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 08:30:42 pm »

I PROPOSE  ALL THE  FAT BASTARDS  SHOW UP ON THE SATURDAYS OFF....  AND WE  RUN AROUND THE TRACK FOR A  COUPLE OF HOURS...

THEN MAYBE WE  CAN FIX THIS WEIGHT ISSUE.

NO ENTRY  FEE

NO TECH

NO AMBULANCE

NO BLACK FLAGS.

DO THE RIGHT THING.....THIS TIME.......
jgray72690

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 08:35:37 pm »

I would much rather run my animal but I will run a big pipe clone at the 375 heavier weight.  Jason are you gonna run with us and are you gonna be putting Goat P on your tennis shoes?  Grin  LOLOLOLOLOL
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 08:48:23 pm by jgray72690 » Logged

sbevills

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 08:41:24 pm »

I really dont know why two race teams at our local track have issues with each other, to be honest I really dont give a $&%@ and really dont like reading or hearing about the drama! Me and my family are here to have fun and hopefully eventually become competitive. I know that no matter what class I race in my big ass is going to be over weight and I also understand that adding 50+ pounds of lead sucks. Luckilly my sons kart only has about 30# on it and my wife picks it up every race weekend no problem.

If we are going to run these clones all in one class both sides of the weight spectrum are going to have to compromise (at least until our kart count can support 2 classes) and unfortunantly the weight class that has the most committed racers will have a little bit of negotiation leverage. I do know that we will not come to any type of productive solution if the only advise we offer up is a smart a$$ comment.

Our class rules say the light class comes in at 325 and the heavy class comes in at 400. If we split the difference of those two it comes out to 362.5 and we could round that up to 365 or down to 360. My honest opinion is this is a good starting point until the light and heavy classes can support their own kart count. The only other solution would be to add a restrictor plate to the light class karts instead of adding weight and I know that no one whats to hear or deal with that as a temporary solution. Now with that being said I weight around 500 in my kart so I really dont think 5 or 10 pounds will make or break me.

So lets hear some constructive feedback to try and help Jason come up with a solution that will allow him to somewhat keep everyone happy.
sbevills

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 08:47:23 pm »

Thats some funny stuff right there!!!! I propose a old fashion rock/paper/scissors tourny, winner gets to choose the weight class! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I PROPOSE  ALL THE  FAT BASTARDS  SHOW UP ON THE SATURDAYS OFF....  AND WE  RUN AROUND THE TRACK FOR A  COUPLE OF HOURS...

THEN MAYBE WE  CAN FIX THIS WEIGHT ISSUE.

NO ENTRY  FEE

NO TECH

NO AMBULANCE

NO BLACK FLAGS.
bodydropped

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 09:29:42 pm »

Or a 40yard dash, my fat butt can run
go fast

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 11:18:50 pm »

And you are right Steven and im sorry for my negative coments . and on the weight issue you are correct all we need is compromise and no one wants to we tried running 375 last weekend and ran good we qualified 3rd out of 35 karts so performance is not an issue for use it pickingup that heavy kart is the issue. and after about 50lbs added to te kart it starts to become a safety issue .
jgray72690

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 11:58:05 pm »

Here's something we could try, how about the 350# racers run a weinnie pipe and the 375# racers run a big pipe?Huh? and we all run together as a clone class?Huh If the 350# racer doesn't want to run the weinnie pipe, then he adds weight up to 375#. 

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: