Golden Triangle Speedway
September 23, 2014, 08:13:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No rule changes??? Wrong  (Read 4706 times)
Hobbystock3c

« on: December 25, 2012, 07:12:23 pm »

I just read the "new" hobby rules,
Merry Christmas !!
I now understand how the rule changes work,
Maybe there will come a time when statements and assurances
made Will be honored.
GTRP
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 12:32:24 am »

C3  NO changes just added crate motor because the 3 tracks in Houston added them to their rules  THANK YOU GLEN
bigdog50

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 06:07:48 pm »

So do we have to run that creat motor r can i run the
 motor im just about to finish new cam pistons heads etc. Huh Roll Eyes because if not i wasted money
Hobbystock3c

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 11:32:36 pm »

You can run it, your in the same boat as most of us
HobbyStock Racers at GTRP... Spent money on new or rebuilding
Engine per existing rules... Only to learn a change in the
Rules at the last minute.
Allowing a different engine is a change
The way I see it.  But... It is what it is.
GTRP
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 02:20:50 am »

Big Dog you can run the same as last year . This is just a less expensive option they cost about 3200.00 dollars.
Hobbystock3c

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 12:50:40 am »

Couple of questions, will rev limiters me Mandatory...
As GM states a 5,500 max RPM ?
Will proper tech tools be used to check displacement,
Correct valve springs etc?
And last, are there Any changes to the engine allowed...
Or must ALL parts be the ORIGINAL parts except carb and distributor???
3C
Thanks
gearhead1

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 05:13:40 pm »

Is this change suppose to keep cost down? what prevents a guy from buying a crate for 3200.00 plus iam sure shipping cost then having it delivered to the engine shop,tore down, all the tweaks and machine work done for more money then have the shop put their little break away bolts or marks to seal the engine up. now you back up in cost again..Just wondering...

HOBBY 45
Hobbystock3c

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 04:34:51 pm »

Add a Claimer rule for crate motors...
$3,000
Motor supposedly cost $2,800 and no shipping.
Shouldn't be any objections to making an
Extra 200.00 on any given night.
Gary Watson Racing

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 05:20:24 pm »

Just wondering where you can buy these motors for 3200.00 We are a G.M. Performance parts dealer and I have a good idea of what they cost us and if you can purchase this motor for 3000.00 or so I would like to know where.As well as the fact that they are no longer a factory supported G.M. engine and the seals are available on the open market which completely allows internal mods and resealing which completely kills the spirit of this motor.You guys keep doing what you are doing and sit back and see how this all unfolds.It might be much to do about nothing!!                Gary W.
Hobbystock3c

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2012, 10:29:56 pm »

Gary, they are available at 2800 to 3200.
But you are correct on being "unable"
To verify the integrity
Gary Watson Racing

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 01:00:00 am »

Try and buy one for that price . Don't think you'll find one .Mail order is about $3700 plus freight . Same as what we sell them for .
Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 05:49:53 am »

This is the same option that has been available to the limiteds for the last two seasons or so.  You don't see many in the limiteds because it simply isn't that great in comparison to what is being run (both currently with the limiteds and hobbies).  I'd keep what you guys have going 3c.  The few races I made last year, it didn't look like you guys needed to find anymore power.  Just keep doing y'alls stuff going and I'm sure you'll be fine. 

Personally, I was under the impression the crate engines were roughly $4,000.00 and for the one like the asphalt guys run.  The crate late guys proved you could cheat em up, but they still weren't leaps and bounds better than the "stock" ones.  I really think this entire "rules addition" is a mute-point for anyone wanting to run in the front.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I know Beaumont when it has bite and I just don't see a crate motor being able to hang.  JMO.

Best of luck and I'll see you at the track,
JJ
Gary Watson Racing

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2013, 04:45:16 pm »

I couldn't have said it better myself !Gary W
KristyTex

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2013, 06:45:28 pm »

This is Randy. The crate motor can be bought from classic in bmt today for 3450.00 plus tax no shipping with 12 month warranty. Picked up the next day,which is half the cost of a hobby motor. I have ran both, the crate motor is cheaper and in my opinion faster. In racing if you can spend less money and go faster why not run it. As far as cheating with it the HMP had a tech man from florida come over and he has a way of teching everything about the motor to see if anything has been changed.We had to run a 6200 chip in it which also saves the motor. The crate motor that I will be running has three years on it and this will be the first year it will have new spark plugs,every thing else is the same, I have never had the valve covers off.How many of you can say that about one of your motors.
bigdog50

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2013, 08:27:15 pm »

what cam come's with motor and does it come with intake to oil pan and will it be manditory to run these motors in the near future just asking i guess i need to ask glen that question lol Huh
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: