Golden Triangle Speedway
April 20, 2014, 08:45:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saturday's Kicking Incident  (Read 499 times)
racinjason75

« on: January 28, 2013, 08:43:39 pm »

First, I would like to apologize  to everyone that had to witness  the problem on the track. This is not the behavior we
want from any racer,  no matter your age or the situation.

We had two karts  that  were having some problems on restarts. The kart in 2nd place thinks the 3rd place kart is pushing on him too  hard during a restart.
I was unable to tell if it was the 3rd place kart or the karts behind pushing. This is coming after having trouble with the initial start where the entire field was trying to start 
to fast, and pushing and driving like morons.

During a  caution, the 5 kart, running 2nd, pulls beside the R2 kart, in 3rd... and shakes his  finger and  smashes into the R2 kart a couple of times down the back straight.
This continued into the corner until he knocked the R2 in the infield, still shaking his  fingers in his face. I was on my radio telling my corner guy to tell the 5 kart if he touches
the R2 the rest of the race... he would be black flagged.

the R2 driver chose to handle the situation on his on, got out of his kart and kicked the 5 driver in the  head.  This forces  me to DQ  both driver from this race.

While our tech man is trying to defuse the situation between the 2 drivers, a whole group associated with the 5  kart came and started putting their
opinions in... which included cursing and threatening.  I was on the flag stand trying to finish this race. Listening to the reports over my head set,

The cursing and yelling was so loud, Glen said he could hear it at the gate... and came back.

1. We do not want Glen back here getting in our business, he owns this place and has no problem telling everyone involved to load up and never come back.
    This will not help our track grow. I am not at the point where I want to be this mean yet.

I want us to work these thing out as they  become issues and this will set standards for our track. I do not want to have to tell people
   to  not come  back,  yet.

2. Both drivers were DQ'ed and lost money and points for this race.
   I was asked during my discussion with the group with the 5 if the R2 could run his next race, I said yes... This made matters worse with
   this group for not sending the kid home.  I felt that the punishment fit the crime, and that since there were only 4 karts in the next race
   he could go ahead and race.   After thinking about this,  I made the wrong decision. I should have DQed him for the day.

3. It was  brought to my attention that members of this "group" were trash talkin as they went by the R2 pit during the day. He even made 
    the comment he may not finish the race from the comments  he was  hearing. This is not the first time this has happened.

4. After talking to the driver of the 5 kart  he admitted to smashing on the R2 to "get his point" across...  This will not be tolerated, from now
   own, you will get a black flag warning, followed by the black flag for more contact.

5.  There will be zero physical confrontation between anyone. I am thankful that the 5 driver did not retaliate as the R2 driver is  a minor.
     Next time anyone chooses to throw a punch, kick, or use a kart as a weapon... you are done for the day. 2nd offenses will
     require stricter punishment.

6. I do not  need 30 people ganged up egging on the situation, please stay out of it, let us work it out. I do not
    need this drama at the track. We want to build and grow...not wither and die... and this will  only happen by you, the
    racers actions... and those actions of your team.

7.  To make matters worse, someone who was not happy with the conduct of the R2 decided to take matters in their hands
     and childishly took their thuggy, pathetic loser  lifestyle and keyed the entire side of the R2s brand new suburban.

THIS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.  AND IF I EVER FIND OUT WHAT LOWLIFE SCUM DID THIS,  YOU WILL BE THE FIRST PERSON
   NOT ALLOWED AT THE TRACK...  I WOULD HOPE THAT THE OWNER WOULD PRESS CHARGES TOO,  BUT I AM CERTAIN BY THESE
   COWARDLY ACTIONS, ONLY YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS WILL KNOW WHO DID.   WAY TO GO LOSER.

I want us to move forward from this. I know we will have some scratches and bruises as we  grow. I expect a few black eyes,
but I also expect everyone to come together and make this place work... it does us no good to self destruct... If the adults cant find a way to
race and get along and not act like little kids  crying and whining... there  will  be  no adult classes....I will take all the little kids, that  race and act like you adults should
and  just  race kids....

I want this to be a place to bring the family  and enjoy the wonderful sport of kart racing... if I have to worry about grown ups ruining this... I will
get rid of the problem.  If the same people keep running their mouths and talkin behind  each others  back like a bunch of junior high girls...
I will get rid of this problem too.   If the players that helped the last 2 tracks round here fail, continue in their backstabbing, trash talking,
bitching ways....I will get rid of this problem too.  you  would  be surprised all the  he said she said  crap... and who is ratting out who  admits to cheating.

It doesnt take a genius to see what is going on behind the scenes... and some of the selfish immature adults that do not have the tracks best interest
in mind  better figure out how to stop.  Funny how much everyone talks about who is saying what... like a sad soap opera,  you should be
ashamed of yourselves..

I will ask again,  please help me give you a great little place to bring your family and friends to come race. I cant do it without you. 
But I dont have to do it... Please do not take the fun out of it...  I really  enjoy the challenge  of starting this Kart Track...

Thank you for reading.  Your comments are appreciated.

Jason Foux

DO THE RIGHT THING.....THIS TIME.......
bodydropped

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 09:30:11 pm »

Very well said post
RSR

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 03:13:19 am »

Again, Ryan sincerely apologizes to everyone involved and is sorry for creating a sitiuation at your track.  Everyone has their moments in life they are not proud of and he had his.  Thank you to the one's who accepted his apology.
Limited24T

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 04:24:27 am »

what done is done lets race dammit ; shane taylor
racinjason75

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 05:43:30 pm »

Oh. it is over Skinny Taylor.

I just wanted everyone one know I messed up, and should have parked Ryan for the night.
Next time, there will be no mistakes on my part...just hope there isnt a next time.

Now, lets go race.

DO THE RIGHT THING.....THIS TIME.......
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: