Golden Triangle Speedway
April 23, 2014, 04:40:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clones  (Read 2575 times)
jbracer127

« on: January 27, 2013, 11:49:55 pm »

We had 15 clones out there yesterday atleast half of us our a little over the weight we still didnt have clay shannon danny or james race either think its time for a heavy class also??
racinjason75

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 04:36:24 am »

class structure for 2013  will  be complete end of this week.

this is the big pipe pro clone class for the winter  which is a national weight of 360.

if we choose to run big pipe... and no weenie  pipe... the class will be as follows.

light      325
medium  350
heavy    375

DO THE RIGHT THING.....THIS TIME.......
jbracer127

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 05:32:12 am »

thank you being 36 pounds over the 360 weight i would rather jump into a heavy class then on a treadmill
JW531

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 01:28:04 pm »

So will I be able to jus add weight a run all 3 ?
BJ15Kart

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 01:42:57 pm »

good to see that miney karts in this class
JW531

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 01:49:43 pm »

Yeah it was fun. Just hope once we split the weights we still have a decent kart count in each one instead of 5 in each class.
Competitive Karting

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 01:53:40 pm »

I personaly would like to have a big pipe class. I would also like to find out how many super heavys there are since the class is growing so good, maybe there will be enough to have a big pipe super heavy with out a min 200 lbs weight requirement. Just a suggestion
Competitive Karting

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 01:55:12 pm »

I do not think you will have a problem with too few in each class It seams to be growing pretty good
bodydropped

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 04:13:50 pm »

I don't have a dog in this hunt but guess no one saw how good Neely was doing and he is way over the weight rule and was competive
JW531

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 04:37:28 pm »

I agree with you Tj.. He is over the weight and still fast and competitive ..
Competitive Karting

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 05:07:26 pm »

Well I guess if you have enough motor you can over come the weight issue but most people do not have his driving skills and can not afford a high horse power motor
JW531

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 05:59:38 pm »

But it would be ok the way it is if u were to race and out run us smaller guys?. No disrespect to you but by the sound and looks of things u just don't wanna race because u might get out run..
Competitive Karting

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 06:26:28 pm »

I have beat most of the time. I wish I won all the time. I normaly do not race at the track I am selling at. You can ask anybody that went to Port Arthurs track I did not run all the time. Sometimes it is hard to sell parts help other racers and race myself. You should try it sometime I raced all the time at Acadiana I was not selling parts over there at least not that much and I like helping other people get there karts going and having a chance to win nobody can say they like loosing every race everybody likes to have a chance to win even me LOL
racinjason75

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 06:37:32 pm »

real  simple. 

as the  kart count grows.  and the weight variances require the other classes.  we will of  course go that route.

it seems right now the  big  pipe clones will be our class of 2013. these will be akra type clones.

adding weight to run the heavy class would be recommended. you will be surprised that when you get your kart handling at the heavy weight you
may not have to remove it to run the  medium class. or even light class... 

super  heavy ?  if we  have 6 200 pound guys that want to run this class.. of course it would be looked at..  but i would  hate to mess up a heavy class, to start this one... lets
all play this by ear as karts start showing up.

with a starting grid of only 16 karts, i would suggest/hope guys would enter additional classes,  both for track and class support.

this will work itself out.

racinjason75

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 10:20:25 pm »

They want  me to name the Track: Burger King Speedway.   

we  had a good count in clones last year, the same couple of guys complained of being to heavy, and tried to divide class, which didnt happen because there was really on 2
drivers that were too  heavy.  and yet these  drivers will race at other tracks at the heavy or medium weight and not complain or ask for rule changes.

there is only one solution.   pick a class, pick a weight, come race. 

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: