Golden Triangle Speedway
April 18, 2014, 09:52:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PREDATORS... NATIONWIDE !  (Read 782 times)
racinjason75

« on: January 29, 2013, 07:07:22 am »

I THINK WE  DID A GOOD THING BY STARTING OUR PREDATOR CLASS...

I SEE NOW THAT OTHERS ARE DOING THE SAME THING...  HERE IS TO A  GREAT 2013  SEASON..

GOOD  LUCK TO ALL  !!

a track that i know for a fact has prospered with the black 212cc Predator uses a weeny pipe and stock air filter. the motor is sealed by the track and any attempt to change it will result in not only a DQ, but banned from the track. is this a bad thing? nope....the track sells the motor for $130.00 (that was the last price i heard) and you bolt it on and race. again, the last i heard the track had sold well over 150 of these motors. i've also heard that the kart count has increased to over 100 karts...sounds to me like the track promoter knows what he's doing.

unless you know different, i'd say that the black Predator is going to be around for a while. and as far as the other HF engines, the track outlawed them because they couldn't run with the black. they did run both of them for a while and looked very closely at them and then decided to go strictly with the black....

GO  READ MORE ON BOBS !

DO THE RIGHT THING.....THIS TIME.......
dirtworks52

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 08:23:02 pm »

I know this..  I want one myself.......can't wait to get one.......
racinjason75

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 08:47:32 pm »

getcha one son.

jbracer127

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 09:02:43 pm »

buying my dad one before next season!!!!
racng4hr

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 10:02:05 pm »

and its suppose to be an affordable class that way more people will run!!
jbracer127

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 10:08:41 pm »

i see on bobs one track was doing the predator class and making everyone run the unilli?? tires i think and i looked them up and there 100 for a set ya cheap but heard they suck
racng4hr

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 10:15:05 pm »

if u have 100 karts showin up and there all the same then thats when u know ur doin good
Fast541

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 10:30:58 pm »

Jason, I have a question. If this class gets bigger, are you going to have a novice type class for first season racers and another class for the ones who have been racing for a while but want a cheap form of karting?  Or is it going to be just one predator class that everyone runs in.  The reason I ask is I'm in between buying a clone or an animal, but if I can run the predator class I would love to do that.  Thanks.
JW531

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 10:52:59 pm »

Fast 541 the predator is the beginner class. No one can race this class if they have won a feature in any other class.. It is for the non experienced beginning kart racers.i have raced the class all year long ..once you move up however the rules state u cannot drop back down.. Season champ can stay and defend title but must mive up after season
JW531

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 11:07:16 pm »

He did have a predator pro class in the rules for the season we just had but I guess he did away with that class because no body got in it . It was open to anyone who wanted to run predator regardless of wins or experience .
racinjason75

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 12:23:12 am »

hey guys,

we are  discussing the rules for this class structure in 2013. hope to have complete by end of the week.

the equal playing field of these karts and the sealed  engines  may make it where it does not have to be limited to "rookies"

i would  like some input on this.

do we  want a predator pro class ? 
do we  want a predator medium and  heavy class   and the predator novice ? 

or do we  just have the same predator classes as our clones/flateheads and forget the novice rule.

I am not a fan of tire rules, but if the unilli tire would be used, it would stay with the "novice" class...

food for thought, no throwing and dont choke !

sbevills

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 12:47:10 am »

I say just have a predator class anyone who wants affordable racing jump in and start swapping paint. Set one weight rule and let them run. I agree tire rules are for the birds!!!

Too many classes or weight choises will not help the racing action. I feel the same about the pro clone, I feel we should leave the weight at 360 and run.

When you say "we" are discussing rules do you have a group helping you out with these, if so I would donate my time and effort to support that.
racng4hr

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2013, 12:51:11 am »

why make all these extra classes???that they run at the national level when u get all them karters then u can do that.....why not keep it basic and easy for everyone...... like the flathead class yea is big everywhere else but at the kart track 4 really??? u have people that are at national level already of course that are not gonna run this class cause they are passed that level....and beginner class is novice for the lil kids i have never heard of adults havin a novice class why??? cause u have people have been in cars or whatever and then get in this class..... u have some people who just wanna go out and have fun who dont want to spend top dollar money......
JW531

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2013, 12:51:45 am »

Agreed Steven
racinjason75

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2013, 06:13:51 am »

novĀ·ice (n v s) n. 1. A person new to a field or activity; a beginner.     

nothing to do with age.  Grin

there are many entry level classes to different sports across the country. we put this together last year to keep the teams with
more money and more resources from coming in and taking over this class.

sources are showing we  may have over 20 big pipe clones and over 20 predators.

i agree that the predator class should be just a sealed motor class with anyone allowed to race.

tires are discussed because a set of unilis can be shipped to your door for less than $100.oo   again, thoughts on keeping this class affordable.

we are not making extra classes, these have been standard weights for many years.  the only thing new are the engines.

we  can leave our weights where they are, but as the kart count grows, people can merge into their own weight divisions.

why you ask?  because if we have 7 guys weighing 385 and 10 guys weighing 358 pounds... they can race in their own class   or  race together in the medium class  <with guys being over weight>
and by adding 17 pounds, the medium guys can run  heavy class too. Or they can all choose to enter a "pro" race and race all together in that 360 weight.

this also gives these people to have the option to race 3 times in one night.

i ran the flat heads hoping some of the louisiana folks would have came over.  we  may not even have a flathead class...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: