Golden Triangle Speedway
April 17, 2014, 09:36:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the prices for the junior clones?  (Read 2884 times)
jbracer127

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 07:51:30 pm »

what about a super low gear? like a 2.10 or something lol
JW531

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2013, 08:05:42 pm »

Hahahahah.. I don't know much bout motors or why the predator won't run with restrictor but would the stock air filter be an issue with that . Lack of gas flow and air could be the issue huh? But will anywhere else's run the novice with predators or do they have to have the clone
sbevills

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 08:11:11 pm »

That's another issue, most all tracks allow the AKRA clone. Haven't seen any allow the predator and not sure of any in the area that run the LO206.
Competitive Karting

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 01:18:01 am »

All you have to do is set the govenor to a low RPM, max roll out on right rear, set the gear ratio and sealed Predator motors. The Pretator motor would last a long time. I suggested this a long time ago as and alternate to the clone when no one could get the clones.
racinjason75

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2013, 05:16:16 am »

The reason we have the predator class now is because unavailability of the clones. We tried to incorporate with the novice karts....no go.

I still think that LO Animal should be what everyone runs.. great motor for the price. I am not a fan of these clones at all.

There are too many proven ways to cheat around the governor ...  gear rule and tire rule would be the best option...

but we are not changing anything now... just discussing prices and quality of engines....

DO THE RIGHT THING.....THIS TIME.......
jbracer127

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2013, 02:24:38 pm »

on the forums they say lo206 actually has a little more bottom end then the clone but not the top end so it would be faster at our track i would think and harbour freight sales a 3.5 horse predator make the kids run that Tongue
sbevills

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2013, 02:31:26 pm »

The LO is gona be hands down the best engine, it should last longer and doesn't require an engine builder to touch it to compete. The bad thing is no one around here runs them that I know of that makes it hard to get someone to invest 700 in an engine you can only run at one track, same goes with the predators the investment is just less. The clones are here to stay I'm afraid, take a look at all the money races around the country, last weekends tri state 20k race clones, he insane one was also clones.
racinjason75

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2013, 03:46:18 pm »

Oh. I completely agree  Steven. 

Its sad, but true... racers and engine builders always mess up a good thing lmao.

BUT. my immediate concerns are what is good for our track and our local drivers... 
I need to build affordable way for everyone to race locally, with minimal bs from the
cheating/whining/blaming part of it.

I know a few guys buy 2 clones to have a back up etc...  and for the juniors too... where they could have
bought one "real" race motor.. and run almost 2 seasons on it... then sell it and buy another.

I hear the predators may not even be available next year...  trying to throw food for thought out there now.

My wish?  to replace predators, if they stop making them, with LO206 and when the motor gets wore out... sell them, let these
"engine builders" build them into some type of limited or open animal....  and have "real" race engines at the track...
We could have help from briggs and stratton for our banquet and track sponsor too.

again, it is just my wish... 

had i known then what i know now... we may have started in a different direction.

<you ready for saturday?>

sbevills

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2013, 04:12:49 pm »

The LO can be built into a stock animal once it needs a rebuild.

We are ready to roll...Saturday can't get here soon enough.
sbevills

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2013, 04:21:26 pm »

You still racing saturday?Huh
JW531

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2013, 05:10:35 pm »

I agree Steven it can't get here fast enough.. I'm heading to silks when i get off work today to pick up the new motor so I can get the prowler ready for Saturday..
jbracer127

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2013, 08:02:03 pm »

just curious was there something done to the predators in ching chang chong??? before i saw them say 6.5 horse now they say 8 i think at harbour freight
JW531

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2013, 08:51:45 pm »

They say 212 cc .. Then on the box or paperwork It says 7 hp or 7.5
jbracer127

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2013, 01:51:28 am »

Well thats what i was wondering the old ones say 6.5 and newer say 8 wondering if there where any improvements from the older ones to now horsepower wise i seee there both 212cc so cant be a difference in bore or stroke but maybe slightly bigger carb or cam better flowing head just wondering if there is something different about the newer ones
racinjason75

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2013, 06:28:13 am »

who knows?  for $99.oo  you get what you get.  Ive explained before that each box was a potluck draw
from the 3 different carbs <that someone said did not come on them>  from the different cams to who knows..

i wish everyone would buy a yamaha  and go race
i wish everyone would buy a flat head and go race

i wish everyone would buy a LO 206 ANIMAL  AND GO RACE.

I FEAR THIS PREDATOR STUFF IS GOING TO END QUICKILY... AND WE SHOULD ALL CONSIDER   THE "LOCAL OPTION" 206  AND PUT A FLATHEAD OR CLONE
OR ANIMAL ON THE SHELF IF YOU CHOOSE TO RACE AT OTHER TRACKS OR NATIONALLY... 

BUT MAN, THE LOCAL OPTION MOTORS... MAKE THE MOST SENSE FOR THE MONEY... AND THE PERFORMANCE !

JUST MY OPINIONS..

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: