Golden Triangle Speedway
April 24, 2014, 08:35:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lo206 class for 2014?  (Read 1789 times)
DarkSider

« on: August 28, 2013, 09:07:00 pm »

I know its early but if we kick it around now we might be organized by next year, There was a conversation the other day about the Briggs lo206 motor. I for one would think this would be an awesome class to run for next year. Simple and easy, bolt on and race, I  am not staying in the current class i run for next year, i thought clone, kinda rough for me, i have spoken to a few people and they seem like they want to run the 206 @ 375lbs,  any of you guys be interested in racing it as well.
Cody
racinjason75

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 06:20:58 pm »

I think if we  could get at least 4 to start...   it would  be a starting place.  I am glad  this is open for discussion.

LO206 addresses other engine packages' shortfalls:

• It grows as you grow in racing. This engine can be built as you progress in the sport.

• Defined rules. LOCAL OPTION 206, based off an Animal, has defined tolerances and rules dating back over 7 YEARS.

• Claimer classes don't work. People are willing to lose money to gain the advantage and claimer classes create controversy, not a level playing field.

• Racing right from the box. Why remove parts on a product that was never intended for racing? Is it durable, reliable, and does it meet industry safety standards?

• Eliminating the large variances in spring pressures in other engine packages - A PVL digital ignition system set at 6,100 rpm +/- 1%. No need for cheater springs or sifting through springs for spring pressure advantages.

• Controlling costs and leveraging creative thinking. A custom seal keeps the bottom-end of the engine stock. A factory installed ground cam, dedicated tooling/dies provide proven consistency.

• Simplifying the tech process. With a simple check to ensure the integrity of the seal, tech is confined to a handful of tools on the top-end of the engine

• We all LOVE to race but we don't like to spend all night in the tech barn.

• INSTANT integration into your local program. This is a plug and race program that feeds into your current and future class structures.

• Accessibility at over 150 dealers within the United States.

• Designed and HAND-BUILT in the United States from a leader in the racing industry (with 100 years in engine manufacturing.)

• Welcome to the Animal Nation!

Buy Now or Ad to Cart and Continue Shopping the entire website !

Briggs & Stratton Racing
LOCAL OPTION 206
Model #124332-8201
List Price $509.95 ea.
Flat Shipping $25.00    

Briggs & Stratton Racing
Jr LO 206 w/ Clutch
(Max-Torque, 17 tooth gear)
List Price $545.00 ea.
Flat Shipping $25.00

Briggs & Stratton Racing
LO 206 Short Block
Part #555715
List Price $269.00 ea.
Flat Shipping $25.00    

« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 06:23:48 pm by racinjason75 » Logged

DO THE RIGHT THING.....THIS TIME.......
vozy

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 05:10:31 pm »

I don't understand.  What would be the benefit of this class over, say,  the animal class?
sbevills

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 09:55:17 pm »

Engine cost and maintenance cost are much less, new built animal will cost you $1100+ and you still have to buy a clutch a new LO206 is like $700 race ready. You would be able to run multiple seasons on one engine where you will be rebuilding the animal every year. Just like our clone class all it will take is enough people to commit to running them and the class will grow.
DarkSider

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 02:08:29 pm »

What I like is there is no grey area in the tech procedure. Cost effective. None of the bsp headaches
vozy

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 04:59:22 pm »

You know, this might be a good class to break in with.  I'd hate to invest and not have a class to race with.  Any other tracks close by run this class?  Just curious.
racng4hr

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 08:57:43 pm »

but what they dont tell u just cause there sealed..... u can buy them not sealed straight off the shelf to so go figure
DarkSider

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 01:07:16 am »

but what they dont tell u just cause there sealed..... u can buy them not sealed straight off the shelf to so go figure

Huh?

The lo206 has the crankcase sealed from the factory woth a holographic seal. the head is not, so you can do a valve job as needed. The unsealed version is for animal.
I will have a 206 on my kart for next year along with a few others that I know of.
racng4hr

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 11:27:26 am »

special tools needed and way more to tech
DarkSider

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2013, 12:22:15 am »

Special tools? Same as animal....
More techable, that's a good thing.
vozy

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2013, 05:55:23 pm »

The kart I bought has got a clone, so that's what I'll be in for now.
jgray72690

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2013, 01:35:10 am »

Tiffany,  

The LO206 is WAY easier to tech than a CLONE.  Its sealed out of the box.  The carb is easier to tech.  The whole engine and class and rule set was designed with ease of tech in mind.  If you buy a LO206 with out a seal, then you just bought an ANIMAL.  Which by the way is easier to tech than a CLONE.  I don't care if it cost any more... Id rather put my money on a RACING engine that is build right here by a company that builds  RACING engines.  Not  a company that is looking to flood the market with a NOTHING engine.  WAKE UP FOLKS!  When is that last time you saw Jing Dang Dong or Li Fan sponsor a race?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??  I didn't think so!

I would be happy to run a LO206 class next year!!!!!!!!!!

James L Gray
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 01:37:36 am by jgray72690 » Logged

racinjason75

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 11:37:32 pm »

very   true  post  mr  gray.

i just  dont understand  the lack of logic in  some of the decisions made regarding racing.

i personally  hope some folks will get these engines..

i wish out predator class could turn in to this class...

there will be nothing but trouble as those predator engines continue to change!

thanks for your input!

vozy

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2013, 03:00:37 pm »

So, how's the interest in this class going?  I have very high interest in this class, as a beginner. How many others are out there are committed to this class?
racinjason75

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2013, 05:23:12 am »

I THINK WE  HAVE 6 OR 8    PREPARED TO BUY.

DO YOU DO FACEBOOK  VOZY ? ? ?

THIS IS  A VERY SMART CLASS TO START HERE.  ITS  GREAT ACROSS THE COUNTRY ...

I HOPE WE  GET 10 TO START Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: